You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I’ve seen links most of the season we’ve been tracking Summerville. 

Think he won Championship player of the season. 19 goals this season. If Leeds don’t come up (which if they have to navigate the Play Offs, I’d lay money on them not coming up) he should be available for cheaper. 

I do suppose that with Slot coming in, it’s an easy story to write at the moment. 

I'm more concerned about who leaves, alot of rumours now about Allison asking to leave (house is up for sale) and possibly Mo, top that with today's latest is VvD not wanting to jump into signing a new contract wants to assess his option in the summer when Klopp leaves if true he probably means who we bring in does he feel we can kick on? That would be a massive kick in the balls Klopp, Salah and possibly Allison Vvd. 

4 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

I'm more concerned about who leaves, alot of rumours now about Allison asking to leave (house is up for sale) and possibly Mo, top that with today's latest is VvD not wanting to jump into signing a new contract wants to assess his option in the summer when Klopp leaves if true he probably means who we bring in does he feel we can kick on? That would be a massive kick in the balls Klopp, Salah and possibly Allison Vvd. 

Thar sounds like the normal Internet rumours that start with a new manager coming in. 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thar sounds like the normal Internet rumours that start with a new manager coming in. 

Yer it does and probably that's it, but realistically Mo is 32 this summer and Vvd is 33 in July this is probably the last summer were we get decent money back, with Edwards reluctance to offer more than 1year to over 30s any decent offers this summer could see them going Allison being the exception goalies get better they say with age (but he is selling his house)

13 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Yer it does and probably that's it, but realistically Mo is 32 this summer and Vvd is 33 in July this is probably the last summer were we get decent money back, with Edwards reluctance to offer more than 1year to over 30s any decent offers this summer could see them going Allison being the exception goalies get better they say with age (but he is selling his house)

With Virg I think an additional 1 year rolling deal with a non champions league qualifying release clause, should work for everyone. It gives him 2 years to run and if we don't compete this year he can go next summer for a set fee

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Where’s Alisson gonna go? Everyone’s skint now and the top teams have all got keeper's more than good enough. 

I saw a rumour he wanted to play in a different league.

He’s played in Italy. Neither Real or Atletico need him, Barca & nobody else in that league afford him. 

France (PSG don’t need him), Portugal, Netherlands etc clearly are non-starters. 

Neuer is 38 now. Would Bayern want him? If we were to sell, I’d assume we’d want a world record fee for a keeper, would they pay >£73m for him? Doubt it. 

Wasn’t there tentative links with Saudi last summer? 

24 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

He’s been great this season, we’d be stupid not to offer him a new deal. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He’s played in Italy. Neither Real or Atletico need him, Barca & nobody else in that league afford him. 

France (PSG don’t need him), Portugal, Netherlands etc clearly are non-starters. 

Neuer is 38 now. Would Bayern want him? If we were to sell, I’d assume we’d want a world record fee for a keeper, would they pay >£73m for him? Doubt it. 

Wasn’t there tentative links with Saudi last summer

He's one of the best if not the best keeper in the world, why go to Saudi at 31? If he does its only money motivated that would be a waste in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I agree but Edwards stated publicly in his 1st stint that over 30 yrs old he would only offer 1 -2 years on reduced wages (I think Klopp confirmed that when Milner, Henderson were looking for new deals) Henderson got 4 with a pay rise Edwards left not long after.

What we can't do is keep him next season and lose him a year later after selling Kelleher. If behind the scenes he talking about going soon we need to figure something out

Who were we linked with this time last year by credible sources?

Seem to remember Gravenberch (which everyone said it’s more likely later in the window and was), Mac Allister, Lavia & Mount?

Mount seems to make it known early he favoured the mancs. 

Then we were heavily linked with Thuram & Kone (especially Thuram) before Szoboszlai. 

Then we Lavia seemed to hang somewhat before he went to Chelsea for whatever reason. 

Caicedo and Endo weren't heard of until fees were agreed. 

Not that this actually means anything, more that sometimes these early stories have legs. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Wasn’t there tentative links with Saudi last summer? 

Bayern would make football sense I suppose but would they go that big for someone his age.  Saudi could be the one with all his old teammates playing out there coining it in and playing in the sun. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He needs nailing down to a new contract and the defence rebuilding around him. He can play till he’s 40

6 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

He's one of the best if not the best keeper in the world, why go to Saudi at 31? If he does its only money motivated that would be a waste in my opinion.

Why else would you go there? 

He’d be stupid to go there. He could play for us as long as Neuer has at Bayern. 

Just now, Red74 said:

He needs nailing down to a new contract and the defence rebuilding around him. He can play till he’s 40

As long as he doesn’t have anymore serious injuries, he can definitely play until Thiago Silva / Sergio Ramos age. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Who were we linked with this time last year by credible sources?

Seem to remember Gravenberch (which everyone said it’s more likely later in the window and was), Mac Allister, Lavia & Mount?

Mount seems to make it known early he favoured the mancs. 

Then we were heavily linked with Thuram & Kone (especially Thuram) before Szoboszlai. 

Then we Lavia seemed to hang somewhat before he went to Chelsea for whatever reason. 

Caicedo and Endo weren't heard of until fees were agreed. 

Not that this actually means anything, more that sometimes these early stories have legs. 

Who was the sporting Lisbon DM everyone wanted us to sign but went to PSG instead. Has he done well for them?

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Who was the sporting Lisbon DM everyone wanted us to sign but went to PSG instead. Has he done well for them?

Ugarte? Not sure how concrete the rumours were though, Portugese press seem quite excitable. 

When you say everyone, I think you mean Daisy or another of his cohorts, which says it all really. 

Absolutely no idea how he’s done. He didn’t start either of the CL games v Barca. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

Ugarte? Not sure how concrete the rumours were though, Portugese press seem quite excitable. 

When you say everyone, I think you mean Daisy or another of his cohorts, which says it all really. 

Absolutely no idea how he’s done. He didn’t start either of the CL games v Barca. 

That’s him, I should always say the Twitter cranks when I say everyone. 

2 hours ago, waddy78 said:

Alissons house is up for sale, but only because he moved to a bigger house about 6 months ago or something but hadn't sold up first. 

Edit... Here's a link to the story. It's not the one I read originally but the same gist. 

https://www.anfieldcentral.co.uk/transfers/alisson-is-not-being-sold-despite-listing-475m-home-for-sale/amp

• Upvote 1