You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

So 85 million was over our budget for Bellingham (which was always known to be about the price) after dicking about for 6 months when we would have had him for the entire off season.

Got to to tighten our belts 'cos there's no CL money.

Offer 110 million for Caceido with low probability he'll be ready for the first match 48 hours before we play.

Liverpool logic.

15 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

So 85 million was over our budget for Bellingham (which was always known to be about the price) after dicking about for 6 months when we would have had him for the entire off season.

Offer 110 million for Caceido with low probability he'll be ready for the first match 48 hours before we play.

Liverpool logic.

I have no inside knowledge but the way we put out that we weren't going in for Bellingham before the season even ended makes me think our negotiating team at the time either felt strongly, or were told directly, that Bellingham would pick Madrid over us if we were both in for him. Maybe his tune would've changed if we ultimately qualified for the CL but we didn't, and he's also on wages we were never going to pay a new signing (or possibly anyone) over there. I could be mistaken (or the writing could've been bullshit) but I remember reading something before the club dropped out of the Bellingham transfer that Bellingham's initial plan was to play here for a few seasons and eventually move to Madrid, much like Haaland at City. So we gave it the old "We never wanted him that much anyway" and moved on to our other targets of Mac Allister and eventually Szobo.

This Caicedo thing has come out of nowhere for all of us but one has to assume the club were gauging his willingness to sign here for the last 6 weeks or so given how we've dragged our feet with Lavia. I don't know if it was Chelsea jumping in on Lavia that made us pull the trigger for him or perhaps even made Caicedo decide he'd just as soon become a Liverpool player rather than only wanting Chelsea as was widely reported but whatever the case, here we are. Caicedo is a different player than Bellingham so other than the money which we've end up spending anyway I don't think his signing really has anything to do with not getting Bellingham. The two we brought in early are the ones we got instead of Bellingham.

3 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Liverpool logic.

Yes

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average