You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The mancs result as frustrating as it was was not really the problem.

The problem was that result at home to Palace - that was just different level stuff. There are bad results and then there are bad results.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Trojan1892 said:

Luton away was pathetic.

You will get one or two of them across a season - title winning sides down history have often had them. 

It is almost 'normal' and we at least rescued a point....What is much more damaging and much less acceptable is losing at home in the run in to a team as poor as Palace and a poor team with fuck all to play for really either.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

The mancs result as frustrating as it was was not really the problem.

The problem was that result at home to Palace - that was just different level stuff. There are bad results and then there are bad results.

Downward spiral though.

We beat them in the cup, we don’t fuck up in the league; we don’t draw there in the league, we don’t lose to palace (and probably go through in Europe too)

• Upvote 1

The best thing we can do is keep the cheats (City) and the charmed (Arsenal) honest until the end of the season. We’ve overachieved this season but who knows, if you don’t buy a ticket you won’t win the lottery.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

We blew the league at home to Palace and have Rodgers 2.0 to look forward to. 

If we dont win the league its not because we have blown anything.

We have had this league stolen from us, simple as that.

IMG_0497.jpeg

IMG_0496.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

I still think we're competing against City rather than Arsenal, but maybe we're all counting too much on that Spurs v Arsenal game, and of course the Spurs game against City. 

I was already despondent going into it after the Man United and Atalanta games, but what a spectacular blow that Palace defeat has been. Unforgivable not to make sure we got at least what would still have been a disappointing point out of it. 

27 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, the truth is I don't think we'll win all five games, I think City probably will, and Arsenal won't but it'll be irrelevant to us.

It's been an odd season to get us to this position. At the start of the year very few expected we'd challenge at all. Then we did but with an unsustainable amount of late goals which probably flattered our overall ability. Injuries and abysmal refereeing have gone against us far more than our rivals. Yet now the feeling, having got ourselves into such a good position, is one of disappointment having pissed it away with atrocious displays against United and Palace. 

Had we started the season in poor form, and then massively improved results wise towards the end of the season to narrowly miss out on the title (basically reversing our season) the emotion would be completely different. Understandably so I guess, but it does also show the last thing is basically the thing we remember. 

Yep. Very good points, well made. 

17 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, the truth is I don't think we'll win all five games, I think City probably will, and Arsenal won't but it'll be irrelevant to us.

It's been an odd season to get us to this position. At the start of the year very few expected we'd challenge at all. Then we did but with an unsustainable amount of late goals which probably flattered our overall ability. Injuries and abysmal refereeing have gone against us far more than our rivals. Yet now the feeling, having got ourselves into such a good position, is one of disappointment having pissed it away with atrocious displays against United and Palace. 

Had we started the season in poor form, and then massively improved results wise towards the end of the season to narrowly miss out on the title (basically reversing our season) the emotion would be completely different. Understandably so I guess, but it does also show the last thing is basically the thing we remember. 

My only hope with Villa is if they are in the final of the Conference League, they might rest players. I just don't see us winning there. Even when we were playing well, I was very nervous about it. Watkins is a lovely player, but they have numerous players I really like and Emery is a very good manager. 

Still, I don't think it's quite done yet. If we do win our five games, I'd give us a 30% percent chance, because if say City draw a game, it's then goal difference between us and them and I think Arsenal will draw with Spurs. That's why we do need to keep an eye on goal difference, because while Arsenal are out of sight, not beyond the realms of possibility that it does come down to it with City.

Would be nice if we were the ones getting a moment go our way in a title race for a change like Brighton taking points off City or the Mancs doing Arsenal (yeah I know I know).

10 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

The penalty shouts are all fair but the Diaz one at Spurs was just blatant corruption for me.

I don't buy the corruption stuff generally.

For me, the Diaz one was 'just' astonishing incompetence.

The chest-high kick on Mac being reviewed and a penalty somehow still not being given is the closest thing to corruption I've seen. Who knows, maybe there'll be revelations on some of this stuff and a particular club in years to come. 

48 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Villa is the dodgy one for me.

I think if we win the five games we have a huge chance because I think Spurs will take points of one, but possibly both Arsenal and City.

Spurs will quite likely have fuck all to play for by the time they play City

City couldn't have had a better game to get pushed back. If 4th place is gone Spurs will roll over and die with Arsenal being contenders. And most likely both Spurs and Villa will battle like fuck to secure the points against ourseleves and they will either need the points or have a chance to secure 4th