You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Three clubs keen on signing Kelleher

TLW

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ron-Robert Zieler has been mentioned as a backup - qualifies as HG, originally signed by Schmadtke

We deffo need HG for our backup keepers i think. it's just a waste allocating a foreign seat to fellas who are never likely to play. kelleher has been ideal in that regard, a genuine top quality number 2 and helps balance the squad with HGs. 

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ron-Robert Zieler has been mentioned as a backup - qualifies as HG, originally signed by Schmadtke

A 34-year-old whose career in England was ruined by being shit at crosses, with five clean sheets this season in the German second division ? Ambassador, you are spoiling us. 

The year is 2033, 5 years after a fan led takeover of Liverpool they are again petitioning the PL to register all 137 players they've accumulated, and refused to sell, in order to maximise the net spend figures and win a record 10th consecutive transfer window....

He needs to be number 1 somewhere at this stage,just too good to be sitting on the bench most weeks.Training with Ali every week has been brilliant for him and he couldn’t have asked for a better keeper to compete with.His schoolboy club here in Cork,Ringmahon Rangers,will receive 20% of any signing fee also which will allow them to build two new full size all weather pitches and have change.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I think he's excellent and £20m is much too low. It was a problem position for us for 30 years and if Alisson wants out at any stage soon, we're back at square one. 

We should be looking at loaning him out. 

Pepe cough Reina cough 

2 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

Pepe cough Reina cough 

I didn't rate him as much as others did. He was very good for a few years but faded badly. He came nowhere near the levels that Alisson has set at any point. 

For me, wasn't a coincidence that the league finally arrived when we sorted the position out. Means so much in tight games. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Has there been many back up keepers for 20 million plus though (who haven't lost there place following a big transfer in)?

Bazunu had 70 plus appearences in the lower leagues and went from City to Southampton for 12m, Kelleher must have 30(ish) appearances tops.

Probably not, but then, the transfer market has never, to my knowledge, receded in overall valuations given to players, it’s always increased on average. 
I mean Grealish for £100m? 

3 hours ago, alles ist gut said:

A 34-year-old whose career in England was ruined by being shit at crosses, with five clean sheets this season in the German second division ? Ambassador, you are spoiling us. 

I thought this myself. He's not an improvement on Adrian,and that takes some doing.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I didn't rate him as much as others did. He was very good for a few years but faded badly. He came nowhere near the levels that Alisson has set at any point. 

For me, wasn't a coincidence that the league finally arrived when we sorted the position out. Means so much in tight games. 

Reina was absolutely superb.

IMG_8069.png

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I thought he was near Allison levels for a couple of years, but defo fell off a cliff at the end. Opinions eh