You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oil Burners vs Liverpool - April Fools Day at 12.30pm

I’ve said this before but Klopp no longer gives a fuck. He’s lined up for the German manager job and he’s treading water with us until it happens. It was an amazing, astonishing, unbelievable ride but it’s over. He knows it, the players know it, we all know it. Goodbye Jurgen, thanks. 

• Downvote 16

26 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve said this before but Klopp no longer gives a fuck. He’s lined up for the German manager job and he’s treading water with us until it happens. It was an amazing, astonishing, unbelievable ride but it’s over. He knows it, the players know it, we all know it. Goodbye Jurgen, thanks. 

Nothing that jurgens done to date gives even a whiff of suggestion that he doesn’t give a fuck. That is totally preposterous. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

As insightful about football as you are about politics I see.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Speak for yourself.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I turned off at 3-1 as this team is spineless. I get the impression Klopp is doing a Rafa and saying to the owners ' If you want better,you have to pay for it' and fielding players who he knows are simply not good enough. A half decent Liverpool side would have scored three today.

So, who was your midfield?

• Upvote 1

Drinking turps does this to men. Quite the post.

Klopp needs to fuck off the shit subs decisions and being overly loyal to absolute show-pony's like Trent, Hendo and Virgil. But they've hung him out to dry this season and if he doesn't sort that out then he only has himself to blame really. But changing him? Madness.

Klopp gets leeway on certain issues from our supporters he probably shouldn't get but the simple calculus is there's far more great footballers out there than great managers. Klopp's a great manager. If he has to go, it has to be when there's truly no other choice. This season is a wash and ultimately that's fine. It just can't happen next season as well.

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The only thing that makes me really angry is that I didn't get to tell you to shut the fuck up twice

1 hour ago, Red Shift said:

So, who was your midfield?

That is it isn't - just no decent options.

Look at the state of this - the rest of them aside from the 3 we started today.

Thiago - crocked yet again, been out 8 weeks and not back any time soon it seems. Here is an interesting stat...

"While Liverpool have had lots of fitness issues in their squad across the three years Thiago has been part of their squad the former Barcelona man has been one of the worst culprits. Since the summer of 2016, the average Reds player has made 3.7 appearances for every game they have missed through injury, but that figure has been just 1.7 for Alcantara. It’s a shade better than Naby Keita (1.5) and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (1.6) but not by much."

Keita - crocked yet again, will likely never play for club again.

Oxlade - how desperate are we when he is seen as an option to start in midfield.

Jones - barely played all season, who knows what is going on - but has it all to prove and clearly not seen as ready at present.

Arthur - disaster of a deal...what is it 13 mins all season?

Milner - about the best option so far, and at 37 years old it say it all about the options.

Carvalho - is he even a midfielder.

Bajcetic - we broke him by using a kid barely 18 who had hardly played at the level like he was the mainstay of  the midfield - sadly he actually was.

It is a fucking disgrace that a club of our stature and means and supposed ambition has allowed this to be the situation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, John102 said:

I somehow missed the Pep celebration and im fuming about our reaction.

Tsimikas and Arthur are almost smiling about it.

Reflective of the malaise and lack of fight in this squad right now

Kostas does brilliantly not to chin him. What’s he meant to do? 

Guardiola should be on a ban for that, the utter weirdo

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Playing without a midfield also creates two other problems, it puts a lot of pressure on the defence and it isolates the attack.

... means you might as well be playing another sport.

One that involves a team of 8 players and 3 witches hats.

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Captain Clickbait.

Nicely done.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

That is it isn't - just no decent options.

Look at the state of this - the rest of them aside from the 3 we started today.

Thiago - crocked yet again, been out 8 weeks and not back any time soon it seems. Here is an interesting stat...

"While Liverpool have had lots of fitness issues in their squad across the three years Thiago has been part of their squad the former Barcelona man has been one of the worst culprits. Since the summer of 2016, the average Reds player has made 3.7 appearances for every game they have missed through injury, but that figure has been just 1.7 for Alcantara. It’s a shade better than Naby Keita (1.5) and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (1.6) but not by much."

Keita - crocked yet again, will likely never play for club again.

Oxlade - how desperate are we when he is seen as an option to start in midfield.

Jones - barely played all season, who knows what is going on - but has it all to prove and clearly not seen as ready at present.

Arthur - disaster of a deal...what is it 13 mins all season?

Milner - about the best option so far, and at 37 years old it say it all about the options.

Carvalho - is he even a midfielder.

Bajcetic - we broke him by using a kid barely 18 who had hardly played at the level like he was the mainstay of  the midfield - sadly he actually was.

It is a fucking disgrace that a club of our stature and means and supposed ambition has allowed this to be the situation.

I think the difference between us and the bigger spenders…is that it’s not that funds aren’t available - clearly a lot of money has been made available under Jurgen’s reign - we’ve brought in a lot of talent, as you rightly point out (when I use the word ‘talent’ it’s from the scouting perspective, which may or may not be spot on). No, its the simple fact that with us, its a case of here’s the funds and that’s it until next scheduled input - say, season to season. If we get it wrong, or we have players who on paper are the real deal, but in reality…using your examples above….are susceptible to injury, or hit and miss with form, then we’re fucking stuck with the situation long term, where as certain other clubs, just go out and double the spending.

We are w/o a doubt, strategically behind the eight ball with FSG in the driving seat. Probably won’t change.

2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Drinking turps does this to men. Quite the post.

Klopp needs to fuck off the shit subs decisions and being overly loyal to absolute show-pony's like Trent, Hendo and Virgil. But they've hung him out to dry this season and if he doesn't sort that out then he only has himself to blame really. But changing him? Madness.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there with them 3 leaving him hanging out to dry. One can argue the writing was on the wall with Hendo but Virgil and Trent have both had massive drop offs in performances this season, we have no real cover for Trent and since he's recovered from injury Virgil has probably been our most fit centerback with Konate having niggles here and there and Matip a perpetual sicknote.

There's a saying in the Fire Service regarding teamwork "We praise in public, we criticize in private" and I imagine Klopp operates this way. I can't believe a professional manager of his standard and obvious capability doesn't see what you, myself, and the next person sees but I think he'd just rather not air that out just to look like a "no nonsense boss" for the media and publicly vocal segment of our supporters.

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head there with them 3 leaving him hanging out to dry. One can argue the writing was on the wall with Hendo but Virgil and Trent have both had massive drop offs in performances this season

I would add Salah to that list.

Being honest how do we rebuild a more competitive side w those 4 featuring? Or even two of the four?

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I would add Salah to that list.

Being honest how do we rebuild a more competitive side w those 4 featuring? Or even two of the four?

Salah's been bad by his incredible standards since AFCON last season. This season I tend to give the entire front line (other than Jota which is probably unfair to him but I just don't think he's a good fit for how we want to play) the benefit of the doubt. They've have very little real service, we put a lot of crosses in but without Darwin (who's had his own issues) there is usually no one to run onto the them. It's not a case of our wingers crossing the ball either and it's still usually Trent and Robbo but they're either too early or too late and that's not even accounting for the accuracy of the balls.

To answer your question I think Trent will eventually come back around and I'll say the same about Virgil too, it's more mindset than anything with them for me but VVD is getting to the age where bringing in a replacement isn't out of the question. Midfield lethargy is the main issue in the side, in my opinion, and whilst I want us to get Bellingham I do agree that he's unlikely to solve that by himself. I was speaking to my friend whilst watching the game today and he thinks we need a real cunt in the side and I would agree with that statement, doesn't necessarily mean he has to go out and be a hardman or try to injure other players. Just that we need someone like Gini or pre-injury Lucas, or even a midfield Dirk, someone fit enough and willing to harass the oppositions players for the full 90 even when the game looks lost. That type of effort makes even the best players have a more belief and kick it up a notch when things aren't going our way and makes them look even better when they are. Regarding Hendo, in a perfect world he becomes the new Milner, spot starts and utility play but not a mainstay in the side.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Ideally he would have given him a DDT, whilst Arthur would have ran in with an atomic leg drop to finish him off.

Failing that I would have settled for a push and fuck off, followed by all the benches up. Might have put a bit of fire in our belly. Granted at this point we were actually doing alright.

I think the most wtf moment was late in the first half when Ali ended up with the ball after a City corner and immediately tried to launch a long counter attack to Trent who is behind their centre halves, so when the ball got cut out he was just the 60 yards away from where he should be.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Guardiola did that stupid sarcastic 'Sorry, so sorry., really sorry' routine when reporters asked him about it. You can tell even the hacks were a bit embarrassed and/or irritated at his schoolboy-level sneering but it's high time they wrote about it instead of just moaning about it privately. The way he behaves is a disgrace. It's worse than Warnock, and the only reason it's not as big a 'thing' as Warnock's antics is purely down to the status he has. 

Mourinho got away with it until he started losing games, then it was suddenly recognised as awful rather than 'colourful'. Guardiola will continue to get away with it so long as he keeps winning, but it's the jewel in the crown of the league's corruption. Everything about that club is taking the piss out of the authorities, the public and the game, and Guardiola's 'Oooh, I'm sooooooooo sorry!' boorishness is one big symbolic middle finger to everyone else. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

More nonsense from Captain entitled bonehead