You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Threads, clothes and fashionista's (please move to general forum!)

Mathewbet1

It's weird how the fashion trends change of the years. Like the baggy trend has come back for the youths. Plus cargo pants are back in fashion apparently ! You would'unt have been caught dead in a pair of combats a few years ago. Im sticking to my philosophy of never chucking anything away as it will eventually come back in fashion.

• Mathewbet1 changed the title to Threads, clothes and fashionista's (please move to general forum!)
12 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

It's weird how the fashion trends change of the years. Like the baggy trend has come back for the youths. Plus cargo pants are back in fashion apparently ! You would'unt have been caught dead in a pair of combats a few years ago. Im sticking to my philosophy of never chucking anything away as it will eventually come back in fashion.

20/30 year fashion cycle. Bollocks to fashion, just wear what you feel comfortable in.

• Upvote 3

Saw some little 18 year old rat faced cunt with a shit muzzy wearing kecks that were too small for him and a tatty old green kickers jumper. Really wanted to call him a scruffy twat.

I live in hipster central where that is considered a cool look. They all look like pricks. 

39 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fucking kept that quiet, didn’t you? Just been watching from the sidelines while I’ve been getting called Captain Cargo for the last ten years. 

How much did you pay off the fashion journos to relight the cargo craze? Could you do the same with flares and kipper ties so I can sell my wardrobe for a few bob on ebay?

They may have been laughing at your cargo pants, but think of the extra functionality and multi pocket options you’ve had over the years, now that they have come back in fashion its you whos had the last laugh,  and i’m sure they're laughing on the other side of their face right now, be sure to rub their noses in it. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I await the return to fashion of top hats and monocles.

Until then all clothes can fuck right off.  

Apart from pyjamas. I like them. 

My prince of wales check pants are still in the cupboard. Cant wait to unveil them. Might not get away with it now though at my age.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

How much did you pay off the fashion journos to relight the cargo craze? Could you do the same with flares and kipper ties so I can sell my wardrobe for a few bob on ebay?

Some people round here wear those pants that make you look like you have shit your kecks or been shoplifting.

Anyone notice how shit the quality control of clothes is nowadays, even some of the pricier stuff?

No 2 items of the same line are ever the same. Buy a pair of jeans that fit correctly and you decide to get the same in a different colour and you find that they are a completely different fit. It's the same with tops too, just crap fast fashion rubbish, even for the premium clobber.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Anyone notice how shit the quality control of clothes is nowadays, even some of the pricier stuff?

No 2 items of the same line are ever the same. Buy a pair of jeans that fit correctly and you decide to get the same in a different colour and you find that they are a completely different fit. It's the same with tops too, just crap fast fashion rubbish, even for the premium clobber.

I got a Timberland belt for father's day last year, cost about 50 notes I think and it's already knackered.