You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 minute ago, Razoray said:

Gakpo was impressive in the Jones role during the week. He is a serious option there if the other 3 forwards are fit

And again. Thats not where Gakpo should be playing. We should'nt be putting players into roles as stand ins. Theres gonna be nothing on the bench to change a game when we need it.

We'll sign at least 1 more midfielder this window.

We simply have to and there is no way we won't - will likely be 2.

I am relaxed about that - it is nailed on.

Less relaxed about centre half situation though - that is where i feel we are sleep walking into potential bother.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

WHO ARE OUR OWNERS?

You mean the ones who have been custodians, while breaking our transfer record multiple times and winning every trophy possible?

Or is that “wrong” as well. 

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Your forum life would be boring without your arch nemesis about wouldnt it Scott.

You give yourself too much credit. Arch nemesis, like Lex Luther, Thanos or Dr Doom, are all super intelligent whose overall plan, whether you agree with them or not, makes sort of sense. 

Your more like Wile E. Coyote, who just does (or says) the same things over and over and over, expecting different results, only to have acme dynamite explode in his face every time.  

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You will understand one day Padawan.

Do you actually have something new to say or a an enhancement on a previous post or are you just going to make the same point over and over and over but in an escalatingly moronic way? 

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

We'll sign at least 1 more midfielder this window.

We simply have to and there is no way we won't - will likely be 2.

I am relaxed about that - it is nailed on.

Less relaxed about centre half situation though - that is where i feel we are sleep walking into potential bother.

I agree. 

I  hope Colwill isn’t the next Bellingham. If we can’t get him, we need to look elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

You mean the ones who have been custodians, while breaking our transfer record multiple times and winning every trophy possible?

Or is that “wrong” as well. 

You give yourself too much credit. Arch nemesis, like Lex Luther, Thanos or Dr Doom, are all super intelligent whose overall plan, whether you agree with them or not, makes sort of sense. 

Your more like Wile E. Coyote, who just does (or says) the same things over and over and over, expecting different results, only to have acme dynamite explode in his face every time.  

Custodians...fuck me.

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Custodians...fuck me.

Yes, a fair comment. Check what it means. 

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Better than posting about Kyle Walker and Grizz.

Another high quality response. 

I haven’t posted about Grizz Khan in weeks and it has hardly ever been a huge topic of conversation for me - a few other posters agreed with the mocking. 

And the Kyle Walker posts, of which I’ve offered no comment, is because one of our biggest rivals are selling a player who has been a very important player for them.  This is the transfer thread after all, not the “piss and moan little bitch thread”.

I take it you haven’t got anything new to add? Just more complaining about signings or FSG, stuff you’ve bored everyone with hundreds of times before?

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yes, a fair comment. Check what it means. 

Another high quality response. 

I haven’t posted about Grizz Khan in weeks and it has hardly ever been a huge topic of conversation for me - a few other posters agreed with the mocking. 

And the Kyle Walker posts, of which I’ve offered no comment, is because one of our biggest rivals are selling a player who has been a very important player for them.  This is the transfer thread after all, not the “piss and moan little bitch thread”.

I take it you haven’t got anything new to add? Just more complaining about signings or FSG, stuff you’ve bored everyone with hundreds of times before?

Custodians of themselves, not of the Club.

The rest of your post is just waffle.

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Custodians of themselves, not of the Club.

The rest of your post is just waffle.

A successful side, winning every trophy available? A world class manager and players? New training ground? 50% of the stadium redeveloped? No ticket prices rises for 8 years? Backing down on ticket prices, furlough and ESL on fan protest?

Or do you disagree with that?

They aren’t perfect, they are better than most. Ultimately I take pleasure from what’s on the pitch and the last the majority of the last 10 years have been pretty fucking great. 

Or is that wrong as well? 

Waffle responding on points you brought up? It’s not waffle, they are short, concise paragraphs dismissing your childish insults. 

1CED0022-9EB0-40CC-AA63-A574670C370B.gif

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Man citys midfield doesnt get run into the ground like ours, they play a completely different game to us, hence why they seem to avoid major injury issues.

Our players will be expected to press and press hard otherwise the opposition will be onto the backline in a flash. Have you not been watching us lately?

1. That's not true, man city are an extremely high pressing team, they just have the ball alot. Which is what with our new players especially the idea is for us to do too.

2. The reason why your second point is nonsense is yes our players work incredibly hard, however I think if you look at the availability stats of Henderson wijnaldum milner in the early years, and then Fabinho, they pressed hard and played nearly every week. Yes, it appears after a few years it can catch up with you, which is why it's quite handy that Mac Allister and Szoboszlai are 24 and 22 years old. 

And to repeat, yes we need another midfielder 

I’m surprised this guy is going to Villa, I thought he was destined to bigger / better sides than Villa. 

Moving from Leverkusen to Villa is a sideways step at best. 

I can’t help that think we’ve seen this before with Villa - Coutinho, Bailey, Buendía, Moraes, Traore etc etc

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And again. Thats not where Gakpo should be playing. We should'nt be putting players into roles as stand ins. Theres gonna be nothing on the bench to change a game when we need it.

Gakpo can play there very effectively, but shouldnt be playing there? 

If we sign a defensive midfielder and start v Chelsea with a front 5 of

Mac Allister Gakpo

Salah Jota Diaz

we will have a bench containing Thiago, Szoboszlai, Jones, Nunez and Elliott. That's better than most, if not all of our competion. As we speak with Mahrez on the way, City would have Foden Alvarez, Palmer and some kids to change a game. 

There will be 50+ games this season with 5 subs allowed in each game. We could be chasing games and we will be playing some very defensive teams, so there will be times when we want to have a more offensive approach.

Versatility is an advantage we should,  and will use. City play Silva CM & RW, Foden CM & LW/RW, Ake at LB & CB, Stones at CB, RB & MF. 

We will see Mac Allister, Gakpo, Jota and even Szoboszlai play in a number of positions this season. If they play well there, I wont be complaining. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Everton will be getting worried forest will be one the new manc cast off destination. That's been their thing for a couple of decades. 

52 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

My expectation is for signings to improve us. You don’t think that’s an upgrade on last season ?  That’s a young and exciting midfield 4 for me.

I think it is, Macca played 25% of his time further back last season and is versatile so can play many positions. Horses for courses etc and if you get a younger DM in, he can be rotated in and Macca moved forward. So I have no problem so long as we sign extra mids.

We've got to sign the mids though. No point making the 1st XI better and then having nothing behind them.so we run them into the ground..

35 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Sorry, but you’ve really lost me now, Klopp is liked to want versatile players who can fill a number of roles. Players should, to some degree, be interchangeable for different games, tactics and in game switches, again I don’t see a problem with that, so long as we bring in more players. No one , I don’t think anyway, is saying the squad is currently strong enough, with Fab and Hendo going. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A successful side, winning every trophy available? A world class manager and players? New training ground? 50% of the stadium redeveloped? No ticket prices rises for 8 years? Backing down on ticket prices, furlough and ESL on fan protest?

Or do you disagree with that?

They aren’t perfect, they are better than most. Ultimately I take pleasure from what’s on the pitch and the last the majority of the last 10 years have been pretty fucking great. 

Or is that wrong as well? 

Waffle responding on points you brought up? It’s not waffle, they are short, concise paragraphs dismissing your childish insults. 

1CED0022-9EB0-40CC-AA63-A574670C370B.gif

The successful side is down to Klopp. They got Klopp in great, qudos.

Everything else was down to him working with the staff and making it work. We are successful because of him and not the owners.

The stadium? Dont make me fucking laugh. All done to line their own pockets using loans to the club. Proper custodians would have paid for that and allowed the team to use the money for the squad. Dont bring the stadium into this, they did it for themselves, not for anything else.

As a summary:

Constantly left managers high and dry with their squads

Constant minimum investment

Constantly balancing the books

Sky high prices for shitty kits and merchandise, even kids ones and now bringing three out every season.

And:

Tried to start a super league and hung the manager out to dry

Tried to trademark the name Liverpool to stop third part sellers outside the ground

WOULD have raised prices only for the fans protesting

NEVER visit Anfield or show any interest in the Club or the people of the City

theres probably more but i cant be fucked because you know it and i know it. Success is there to be achieved and sustained, we achieved something but now we are falling. 2 of the last 3 seasons have been an epic failure of mismanagement and lack of care, because now our managers miracles have dried up because he cant compete with the amount of restrictions in place.

And look at their other shitty franchises, all suffering the same fate.

They are NOTHING like what owners of this great Club should be. Sports washers dont belong here. On the other end of the scale sit FSG. They dont belong here either, a bunch of venture capitalists who dont give a shit except to line their own pockets.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We've got to sign the mids though. No point making the 1st XI better and then having nothing behind them.so we run them into the ground..

I don’t think anybody is saying this won’t happen. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Everton will be getting worried forest will be one the new manc cast off destination. That's been their thing for a couple of decades. 

Mate I said that in my post. So long as we sign extra mids….

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The successful side is down to Klopp. They got Klopp in great, qudos.

Everything else was down to him working with the staff and making it work. We are successful because of him and not the owners.

The stadium? Dont make me fucking laugh. All done to line their own pockets using loans to the club. Proper custodians would have paid for that and allowed the team to use the money for the squad. Dont bring the stadium into this, they did it for themselves, not for anything else.

As a summary:

Constantly left managers high and dry with their squads

Constant minimum investment

Constantly balancing the books

Sky high prices for shitty kits and merchandise, even kids ones and now bringing three out every season.

And:

Tried to start a super league and hung the manager out to dry

Tried to trademark the name Liverpool to stop third part sellers outside the ground

WOULD have raised prices only for the fans protesting

NEVER visit Anfield or show any interest in the Club or the people of the City

theres probably more but i cant be fucked because you know it and i know it. Success is there to be achieved and sustained, we achieved something but now we are falling. 2 of the last 3 seasons have been an epic failure of mismanagement and lack of care, because now our managers miracles have dried up because he cant compete with the amount of restrictions in place.

And look at their other shitty franchises, all suffering the same fate.

They are NOTHING like what owners of this great Club should be. Sports washers dont belong here. On the other end of the scale sit FSG. They dont belong here either, a bunch of venture capitalists who dont give a shit except to line their own pockets.

The irony…

65DFE85D-C9A9-4E07-91D4-93852E4C772A.gif