You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Would have preference Veiga to Thuram

Similar to Ugarte, based on your deep dive scouting of all these players, please could you kindly provide a detailed breakdown which brought you to this conclusion please.

English number 10's should be banned, who do they think they are rocking up with names like Wayne, Keith, Michael, Graham, James and Mason. They should have proper names like Eusebio, Roberto, Francesco, Michel, Georghe, Michael Laudrup, James Rodriguez.

Fucking English players with ideas above their station, grow up, be a number 8 or a winger.

I will do the scouting for what we need in midfield .

Are you currently injured ? No

Can you tackle ? Yes

Can you sprint 10 meters ? Yes 

Give the lad a contract . 

Fussy lot on here obviously haven't watched the abject shite we have played this year . Thuram,Kone,Mount, World cup winner Mac Alister in fact anyone we are sniffing around I know is an upgrade without doing any analysis. I would even entertain that knob Maddison at this stage .  

• Upvote 1

While wildly talented in their own rights, basing our midfield on Ugarte and Mac Allister might be a risk in terms of size  and physicality. 

Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner were all big lads at the time of our pressing peak. 

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

While wildly talented in their own rights, basing our midfield on Ugarte and Mac Allister might be a risk in terms of size  and physicality. 

Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner were all big lads at the time of our pressing peak. 

Ugarte is off to PSG

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Anybody go greet the arrival? 

IMG_9315.jpeg

This is the sort of stuff this thread should be about . Proper investigatory analysis . Brilliant . Pure unadulterated conjecture that could be wildly off the mark . That's what transfer windows all about . 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

English number 10's should be banned, who do they think they are rocking up with names like Wayne, Keith, Michael, Graham, James and Mason. They should have proper names like Eusebio, Roberto, Francesco, Michel, Georghe, Michael Laudrup, James Rodriguez.

Fucking English players with ideas above their station, grow up, be a number 8 or a winger.

Michael is a beautiful name.

I can’t get excited over “Agreed personal terms” stories.

I’d imagine there are only a handful of players in the world we couldn’t agree personal terms with (Haaland, Mbappe, Neymar, Messi etc).

Us not being able to agree personal terms with Thuram or Kone would be more surprising. 

Personal terms mean nothing without agreeing a fee. That’s the biggest obstacle. 

4 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I am hearing Keita has passed a medical at a German club. How the fuck could that happen???

Only has to be fit for one day. The malingering doesn’t start till the inks dry on the contract. 

Imagine if we’d given him a new deal, as was being mooted at one point, only to watch him pull the exact same routine for another however many years while we didn’t sign anyone to replace him. Thank fuck he didn’t pull a contract season out of the bag to tempt them into it.

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Imagine if we’d given him a new deal, as was being mooted at one point, only to watch him pull the exact same routine for another however many years while we didn’t sign anyone to replace him. Thank fuck he didn’t pull a contract season out of the bag to tempt them into it.

I really hope this is one of those events that FSG stepped in and said No to any new deal. 

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I really hope this is one of those events that FSG stepped in and said No to any new deal. 

I'm hoping Klopp told him to get fucked and packed his bags for him.

He was the one Keita really let down.

• Upvote 1