You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Something Fishy about Rishi

Bjornebye

32 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

I also think Nagelsman could be a good choice . I’m not convinced by Amorim , admittedly I only saw highlights of  Sporting’s two games against Atalanta but they didn’t impress.

To be honest, I don't know if he'd be a good choice. I don't know enough about any of the candidates really. Even de zerbi who's in our league, he's done well/not so well, all while rebuilding in not much more than 18 months. I can see why people think he's great. I watch them defend and can see why people think he's shit. I also have no idea what his capability would be of commanding a dressing room with the experience of ours. He comes across on TV as a bit of a tit, yet everyone who works with him speaks highly of him. And he's the one who I probably know most about and it is as clear as mud. 

But back to naglesmann to have been manager of Munich and Germany by the time you are 36, you must have something about you. And that's before you talk about his other work. I'm not massively for anyone. I'd prefer a manager who can communicate with the fan base. I think the media coverage today means we can't have a Bob to our shankly. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be honest, I don't know if he'd be a good choice. I don't know enough about any of the candidates really. Even de zerbi who's in our league, he's done well/not so well, all while rebuilding in not much more than 18 months. I can see why people think he's great. I watch them defend and can see why people think he's shit. I also have no idea what his capability would be of commanding a dressing room with the experience of ours. He comes across on TV as a bit of a tit, yet everyone who works with him speaks highly of him. And he's the one who I probably know most about and it is as clear as mud. 

But back to naglesmann to have been manager of Munich and Germany by the time you are 36, you must have something about you. And that's before you talk about his other work. I'm not massively for anyone. I'd prefer a manager who can communicate with the fan base. I think the media coverage today means we can't have a Bob to our shankly. 

How did that get in here ?? My OP was in the football section, I stay away from UK politics.

• Haha 1

Unless he thinks there’s a bit more grift to be squeezed out of the public purse, I don’t know why he’s bothering to carry on. Just call an election.

He must have a SV job lined up by now. If not, there’s always daddy-in-law’s company - albeit being the PM one day, then fetching your wife’s caramel latte and sandwich the next, would probably be humiliating. For him and us both.

19 hours ago, Section_31 said:

A businessman and former Egyptian government minister who donated £5m to the Conservative party last year has unexpectedly been given a knighthood on the recommendation of Rishi Sunak

Yeah, one of them was on the radio earlier defending it. Apparently, we smelly, unwashed oiks always concentrate on the donation, and never the philanthropy, which is what the knighthood is actually given for.

If we’re making these cunts knights, shouldn’t we be sending them into battle. Or at least hosting jousting tournaments with real weapons.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Section_31 said:

Planning to criminalise homelessness.

Wait. What?

Saw that earlier. The next story after it was a housing association issuing section 21 eviction notices to a load of elderly residents giving them 6 weeks to get out of their houses as they 'did not meet the criteria' to live in those residences.

A lot of these people are in their late 80's, some with serious health issues. One bloke intercepted the eviction letter sent to his 88 year old father as he was scared the shock would kill him.

So now they could be homeless in 6 weeks, and if they end up on the streets, they could be criminals.

Lovely country.

On 30/03/2024 at 02:55, Anubis said:

Yeah, one of them was on the radio earlier defending it. Apparently, we smelly, unwashed oiks always concentrate on the donation, and never the philanthropy, which is what the knighthood is actually given for.

If we’re making these cunts knights, shouldn’t we be sending them into battle. Or at least hosting jousting tournaments with real weapons.

Was the philanthropy giving £5m to the Tories?