You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Sat 3rd Sep 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

City didn't really turn up for the Charity Shield. I enjoyed it at the time but looking back, it was utterly meaningless.

Don’t care if they turned up. We played well. We looked far sharper than anything we’ve served up in the league.

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t know what to say. 

Everything that was good about us in the Charity Shield has been completely absent in the opening games. 

Slow, predictable… we’ve been outran in every game this season. 

I appreciate injuries aren’t helping and we’re bedding in new players, something just seems off.

Thought we looked better when Jota came in today. Thiago is back training on Monday. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel and we can get back to our best form.

We’ve proven before we can go on mad runs, winning 16/17 or 18/19 or whatever, I feel we’re going to need that soon to get us challenging for the title.

You've been proven to be fucking wrong 

• Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You've been proven to be fucking wrong 

I’m glad you appear to take such joy in typing that. 

Although I’m not sure what I’m wrong at, I’ve said we needed a midfielder pretty much all the way through the transfer thread.

And we still have 32 league games, both domestic competitions and the CL still to go. 

15 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

We've been absolutely garbage (except Bournemouth) since then.  No energy, no desire and there doesn't look like any kind of plan.

That’s the point. 

Does anybody have our average running stats last season compared to this? And how does it compare to the Charity Shield?

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m glad you appear to take such joy in typing that. 

Although I’m not sure what I’m wrong at, I’ve said we needed a midfielder pretty much all the way through the transfer thread.

And we still have 32 league games, both domestic competitions and the CL still to go. 

Wrong at everything you've been slating me about you massive cunt

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

That wouldn’t explain why the Charity Shield performance was by far and away our best of the season though. 

I get the feeling the camp isn't happy. Something seems to have happened since then, the difference is too stark, especially in a few players.  The big wage man isn't delivering, that is a nightmare scenario. 

1 hour ago, Bernard Diomede said:

About 200 of our fucking bellend contingent stormed the barriers around 45 minutes before kick off and they closed the turnstiles to stop them getting in. The backlog then couldn’t be handled properly. I watched last year as a load did it earlier and in smaller numbers but the police obviously didn’t think to put any sort of plan in place. 

Not just a Liverpool thing it’s a general society thing but Nobody gives a fuck about anybody anymore it’s just absolutely ruthless. Horrible cunts. There was kids getting crushed and auld women having panic attacks and people are still just pushing trying to jib in. 

Fucking hell. No excuse for that, least of all from our fans: if anyone should know better, it's us.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Why the fuck is she branding a fan base based on someone’s actions.  Cunts and saints support all clubs, including our own.

So much tribal bullshit with football.  Can’t wait to duck it off soon.  Imagine I go out tonight and do a horrible deed wearing me 1988 top, it says nowt about you or any other red.  There’s no hive mind.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Saw this on Twitter, but cannot vouch for its voracity.

Sounds about right, at times it makes sense as we have a lot more of the ball and sides are trying to press us higher. But the lack of movement to break the press and play through the lines is clear. Carvalho didn't look like a midfielder and Elliott seemed to lose his way after misplacing a pass to Fabinho early. That centre midfield HAS to offer more, every move is like following a template and if we don't nail the (cross following an already difficult overlap pass everyone sees coming, or long ball from van Dijk) pass there's nothing else coming. No-one getting pressure on the ball to win it back early.

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I get the feeling the camp isn't happy. Something seems to have happened since then, the difference is too stark, especially in a few players.  The big wage man isn't delivering, that is a nightmare scenario. 

I’d agree. They arent the unit they were.

Radio did my head in today- on the one hand Everton had a brilliant transfer window, great squad,performance for the manager, hard to beat .....,,, to........,..Liverpool will be devastated to not win 8-0, whatever next .........