You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

16 minutes ago, Code said:

IMG_0709.jpeg

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0711.jpeg

IMG_0712.jpeg

And the minutes played breakdown? Out of interest ….. if you don’t reply then I’ll assume it’s because you won’t admit anything that doesn’t suit your agenda. As usual. It might be that Nunez has more I have no idea. I’ll wait. 

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And the minutes played breakdown? Out of interest ….. if you don’t reply then I’ll assume it’s because you won’t admit anything that doesn’t suit your agenda. As usual. It might be that Nunez has more I have no idea. I’ll wait. 

You can do the maths yourself, this is what I found.

IMG_0714.jpeg

IMG_0713.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mane played around 5/600 extra minutes. 

Though all of Manes goals are in the CL or league as are nearly all his minutes. 9 of Nunez are in FA,League cups,Europa league and Community shield. 

As I said he also joined a far better team and is a striker. 

He can't be relied on to score goals when the chips are down, he simply isn't good enough and at nearly 25 he isnt going to develop much either. As I said earlier scoring st a similar rate to Gordon,Richarlison and has been outscored by Chris Wood. No excuse for service either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Said it before,but once nerds got into footy it was all over

Mate, Nunez is a player for the nerds. He's for the people who will tell you finishing will turn around just because that's how it is probability-wise. 

Anybody with a set of eyes who sees him miscontrol and miss chances can't possibly think he's a top player.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mate, Nunez is a player for the nerds. He's for the people who will tell you finishing will turn around just because that's how it is probability-wise. 

Anybody with a set of eyes who sees him miscontrol and miss chances can't possibly think he's a top player.

I'd say that was more the excuses put foreward for salah picking his nose for 90 mins,tbh 

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'd say that was more the excuses put foreward for salah picking his nose for 90 mins,tbh 

Salah has been crap for weeks, but unsurprisingly a man that has done the job for 4 years and winning us trophies gets more slack. But even he is getting shit and many people saying this might be a time to let him go. Even though pre injury at AFCON he was still producing goals and assistant, even though imo his overall game has fallen of for a couple of years

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Mane played around 5/600 extra minutes. 

Though all of Manes goals are in the CL or league as are nearly all his minutes. 9 of Nunez are in FA,League cups,Europa league and Community shield. 

As I said he also joined a far better team and is a striker. 

He can't be relied on to score goals when the chips are down, he simply isn't good enough and at nearly 25 he isnt going to develop much either. As I said earlier scoring st a similar rate to Gordon,Richarlison and has been outscored by Chris Wood. No excuse for service either. 

Nunez doesn't have firmino and Salah alongside, only salah's shadow and A.N. Other.  

* This is in no way a defence of Nunez, just saying it's a pointless comparison

3 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

Nunez doesn't have firmino and Salah alongside, only salah's shadow and A.N. Other.  

* This is in no way a defence of Nunez, just saying it's a pointless comparison

Mane didn't have Salah in year one either

He had a Bobby,Coutinho and Lallana

Think how costly his misses have been: Atalanta at home at 0-0, United away at 1-1, Luton away at 0-0, Palace at home 1-0 down, Everton 1-0. Not fucking good enough a competent finisher and we’d be still on course to give Jurgen the magical send off.

• Upvote 1

If Salah goes Nunez will 100% be here next season. A few reasons why.

His best scoring run in the League came when Salah was out due to AFCON/injury He got 5 in maybe 6/7 League games.

There is a shortage of strikers.

A striker is not exactly the easiest position on the pitch under Klopp.

The club rarely sell low.

He can play more than one position.

3 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Think how costly his misses have been: Atalanta at home at 0-0, United away at 1-1, Luton away at 0-0, Palace at home 1-0 down, Everton 1-0. Not fucking good enough a competent finisher and we’d be still on course to give Jurgen the magical send off.

That is pretty damning tbf. I had him down as your typical ruthless South American player, a characteristic which would see him good in the long term.

It turns out he is actually somewhat soft and something of a bottler. The miss the other night was criminal, any striker at any professional should be able to bury that, but he gave the old wallop and hope; a pure Djibril Cisse finish i.e shite and brainless.

17 minutes ago, Em City said:

That is pretty damning tbf. I had him down as your typical ruthless South American player, a characteristic which would see him good in the long term.

It turns out he is actually somewhat soft and something of a bottler. The miss the other night was criminal, any striker at any professional should be able to bury that, but he gave the old wallop and hope; a pure Djibril Cisse finish i.e shite and brainless.

I don’t think he’s a bottler at all. Apart from his finishing which is erratic and not good enough he doesn’t disappear in games at all. 

On 25/04/2024 at 13:52, Mathewbet1 said:

...To be fair he's only dropped off in the last few weeks, ...

Tish and pish. He's been shite from the first game where he got himself sent off for being impulsive.

He's limited  - mainly by his impulsiveness. Someone can chuck some stats around, but just trust what you see. Repeated misses of easy chances - sometimes missing the ball. Being offside when he shouldn't. Making bad choices of shot selection.  

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I don’t think he’s a bottler at all. Apart from his finishing which is erratic and not good enough he doesn’t disappear in games at all. 

I agree with this even though im not a fan and think he needs sold. He isn't a bottler and he doesn't hide. Just not good enough imo

• Upvote 1