You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fair fucks to this lad at sky continuing to bang the drum about uefa. He was great for us last year and one of the first to blow the uefa late fans stories. I don't know why anyone is surprised by all this, it sounds like last time at the attaturk which uefa said was a success. 

'My CL final experience: No water, poor provisions, shocking transport'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12901858

2005 was a bit of a shambles too, but a largely enjoyable one because unlike Paris, the locals were decent and the cops weren't out to brutalise fans. But these things are consistently badly organised. 

UEFA are utter cunts with an appalling attitude to the welfare of those who support the teams they make their money from. 

16 hours ago, El Rojo said:

2005 was a bit of a shambles too, but a largely enjoyable one because unlike Paris, the locals were decent and the cops weren't out to brutalise fans. But these things are consistently badly organised. 

UEFA are utter cunts with an appalling attitude to the welfare of those who support the teams they make their money from. 

Sire the police were better. The description of getting to and from the game matches up though - we actually went with Milan supporters to the airport after and got taxis from there (well nearby). It's fucking stupid. And of course when we were getting in the computer failed, so all the gates locked out. It just seems to me it doesn't need to be this hard. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

2007 was a disaster too. Riot police attacking us for no reason. No fucking turnstiles on the stadium so overcrowding. Just a terrible mess. 

yeah. for one reason or another they're all shit. kiev you couldn't stay there. basel & dormund pretty much the same. about the only hassle free uefa finals i have been to where those mickey mouse things for the super cup in monaco - and they worked because only bellends like me wanted to go. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 25/09/2023 at 14:50, coachpotato said:

And we are relying on these cunts to oversee fair and equitable financial dealings to keep a level playing field between competing clubs.

Just fuck off.

Personally I think this is far more important than some sporting level playing field. This is all a matter of life and death, as I genuinely think that's how poorly uefa run their finals. And yet time and again, cefarin and his cronnies seem to be ensuring uefa is as unstoppable in its behaviour as FIFA. 

• 5 months later...

I’ve received an email this evening from the solicitors swearing me to secrecy on the settlement. However, it does point out UEFA made no liability of guilt about the fiasco. 

IMG_1139.png

Received the same email. Concluded faster than I thought it would.

The no liability thing was always likely to be part of the settlement. I doubt we will get much compo after the legal costs… would have preferred UEFA accepting liability tbh rather than compo but then I guess the lawyers wouldn’t get their slice. Hence it was settled quickly without uefa statement of guilt.

1 hour ago, aws said:

So how much did you get? 

Put it this way, he’s too busy shopping for high quality blah shirts on DHGate to answer you….

In all serious, no amount of compo is going to make up for what you guys faced in Paris, but at least you’ve screwed the cunts at UEFA in some way.

2 hours ago, oxtailsoup said:

The no liability thing was always likely to be part of the settlement. I doubt we will get much compo after the legal costs… would have preferred UEFA accepting liability tbh rather than compo but then I guess the lawyers wouldn’t get their slice. Hence it was settled quickly without uefa statement of guilt.

After what we all went through there, I agree with this. I’ll never forget the look on my Son’s face that night, especially after us getting charged and slammed back by riot shield police at the gate just as we were getting in. 

He’s was 14 and the day after was his 15th birthday. His first European final, should have been a birthday to remember. I find it hard it to think about it even now to be honest. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, oxtailsoup said:

Agreed. I’ve said in this thread previously I’m not arsed about the money and I hope the claim fundamentally changes UEFA’s slack attitude to organising finals, however, I get the feeling nothing will change. 

12 hours ago, aws said:

So how much did you get? 

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

Put it this way, he’s too busy shopping for high quality blah shirts on DHGate to answer you….

Genuinely doesn’t say. Find out in 14 days. 

Whatever it is, on the basis I’ll be unsuccessful in any ballot for Dublin, I’ll be putting towards having to pay for an over inflated ticket.

• Downvote 1

Dear Ralph,

You may have read in the press that UEFA have reached a settlement with Liverpool fans affected by events at the Champions League Final at the Stade de France in 2022.

We regret to tell you that this is not entirely correct. It is our understanding that a settlement has only been reached between UEFA and a small group of fans represented by another law firm. That group had not brought proceedings against UEFA. We do not know what sums have been agreed upon. The terms of the settlement are highly confidential, but we know that UEFA has not admitted any wrongdoing or fault.

At the time of writing, UEFA has made no meaningful efforts to settle your claim. No offers have been made in your case or with respect to the other 1200 Liverpool fans we represent. As you know, proceedings were issued against UEFA on your behalf 12 months ago. As it stands, UEFA continues to argue that your case should not be heard in the English courts and that the hearing is scheduled for the end of June.

We do not know why UEFA is treating fans differently, given that you have all experienced the same level of mistreatment and harm. The settlement news only causes division and unnecessary anxiety to everyone affected. We sincerely hope that Friday’s news will mean that UEFA focuses on compensating fans rather than resisting the claim in the Courts, but we will see. Please be assured that our focus remains on pursuing UEFA further and obtaining appropriate compensation and justice for each of our clients.

We will update you as soon as we have further news.

Kind Regards,

Stade de France Claim Team

Leigh Day

15 minutes ago, ralph said:

Dear Ralph,

You may have read in the press that UEFA have reached a settlement with Liverpool fans affected by events at the Champions League Final at the Stade de France in 2022.

We regret to tell you that this is not entirely correct. It is our understanding that a settlement has only been reached between UEFA and a small group of fans represented by another law firm. That group had not brought proceedings against UEFA. We do not know what sums have been agreed upon. The terms of the settlement are highly confidential, but we know that UEFA has not admitted any wrongdoing or fault.

At the time of writing, UEFA has made no meaningful efforts to settle your claim. No offers have been made in your case or with respect to the other 1200 Liverpool fans we represent. As you know, proceedings were issued against UEFA on your behalf 12 months ago. As it stands, UEFA continues to argue that your case should not be heard in the English courts and that the hearing is scheduled for the end of June.

We do not know why UEFA is treating fans differently, given that you have all experienced the same level of mistreatment and harm. The settlement news only causes division and unnecessary anxiety to everyone affected. We sincerely hope that Friday’s news will mean that UEFA focuses on compensating fans rather than resisting the claim in the Courts, but we will see. Please be assured that our focus remains on pursuing UEFA further and obtaining appropriate compensation and justice for each of our clients.

We will update you as soon as we have further news.

Kind Regards,

Stade de France Claim Team

Leigh Day

As the title of this thread says Fuck UEFA. The lying cunts.

On 22/03/2024 at 20:32, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Meanwhile, the cunts are laying the groundwork for a cover story in case they fuck up Dublin.

Yeah, I read that as well, some Greek guy indicating that UEFA are expecting trouble from fans without tickets at the Dublin final. Remarkable foresight. Obviously expecting us and/or West Ham to get there? Maybe if UEFA give more thought to where they hold finals and how they apportion the tickets, then they may prevent trouble.

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

Yeah, I read that as well, some Greek guy indicating that UEFA are expecting trouble from fans without tickets at the Dublin final. Remarkable foresight. Obviously expecting us and/or West Ham to get there? Maybe if UEFA give more thought to where they hold finals and how they apportion the tickets, then they may prevent trouble.

One of my bosses is a West Ham fan, he said the stadium they got for the Conference League final last year was a disgrace, about 20,000 capacity and them and Fiorentina got about 3,000 tickets each.

UEFA are simpletons!