You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New IPTV Thread

59 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

Anybody  bought the Plex subscription from our friend and is it worth it? 

Not from OG but I did buy a Plex sub from my back up provider, just to see what all the fuss was about.

Bottom line is Kodi with a Real Debrid sub is a hell of a lot cheaper and better.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Not from OG but I did buy a Plex sub from my back up provider, just to see what all the fuss was about.

Bottom line is Kodi with a Real Debrid sub is a hell of a lot cheaper and better.

Better how? Just wondering if it was the provider giving a shit service or if Kodi - which in my experience isn’t a very nice UI - has changed enough to challenge somehow. Already have RD anyway. 

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Better how? Just wondering if it was the provider giving a shit service or if Kodi - which in my experience isn’t a very nice UI - has changed enough to challenge somehow. Already have RD anyway. 

More stable, glitch free, smoother, much larger selection of TV series and films, especially foreign language and more obscure titles.

I also find the user interface better in my Kodi set up, but I keep my own build extremely light and minimal, very easy to navigate, although in fairness, I've been using Kodi for at least a decade longer than my Plex experience.

Kodi is lightning quick for me where as Plex is always like groping around in the dark.

• Upvote 1

Ah, okay, most of that is because either the provider is shit or because it’s not local. Me running a Plex server locally means everything is instant. Then, when connected to certain sites, there’s literally everything available. I only tried Plex from a IPTV place once, it was wank. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There’s tons of ways to alter the UI on Kodi. Ditching the default skin is the first thing I do, before even installing any add ons. 

Skinning and generally being able to alter the UI seemed different last time I checked. I like to be able to have full control of my media, collection, smart collections, posters, backgrounds, etc. Plex gives me that, and much, much more that I don’t really use. I should definitely revisit Kodi though. I’m sure there has been a load of updates since I last messed with it. 

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just a heads up that our favourite service has renewed it's apps. It requires a bit of maintenance to uninstall / dl / reinstall and log in the new apps.

Takes a few minutes but all working fine.

I did mine the other day.

Sky Smarters has gone but I didn't use that anyway so no nevermind.

I received some great advice about new (or at least better) providers late last year from @Captain Turdseye and @Raymond Duck, but truth be told i've not bothered since. My thoughts were "i'll get a new provider after the world cup" and then the world cup came and went so a combination of most of our games being on Sky anyway and us being unwatchable stopped me following it up. Then the Mrs' sister gave me details of hers too, still i did nothing. 

My main reason was i didn't want to subscribe long term to something that (like my last one) could go tlts up after a few weeks. I miss the ridiculous library of films more than the sport now, if i'm honest.     

3 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I received some great advice about new (or at least better) providers late last year from @Captain Turdseye and @Raymond Duck, but truth be told i've not bothered since. My thoughts were "i'll get a new provider after the world cup" and then the world cup came and went so a combination of most of our games being on Sky anyway and us being unwatchable stopped me following it up. Then the Mrs' sister gave me details of hers too, still i did nothing. 

My main reason was i didn't want to subscribe long term to something that (like my last one) could go tlts up after a few weeks. I miss the ridiculous library of films more than the sport now, if i'm honest.     

Get Kodi and real debrid, it's literally £3 per month and you can sign up for one month at a time (Though it's cheaper the longer the subscription).

No live sport but every Show and Movie available pretty much (unless you are in to some proper obscure shit).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

Get Kodi and real debrid, it's literally £3 per month and you can sign up for one month at a time (Though it's cheaper the longer the subscription).

No live sport but every Show and Movie available pretty much (unless you are in to some proper obscure shit).

I may well do, despite my protestations i've still watched games on streams anyway. 

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Someone shill me a good IPTV provider please. My last one expired over the international break and I only realised at kickoff so unfortunately I didn't get to watch us get trounced. Aw well, there's always next week.

Done

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/04/2023 at 16:07, Carvalho Diablo said:

Eyup fellas, my back up service is due for renewal but I'm thinking of trying elsewhere because the owner and mods are cash grabbing dickheads.

Wanting something reliable, no VPN required for the footy and around £40pa.

Appreciate a dm or three.

DM sent. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2023 at 21:12, old skool tom said:

Anyone know in Nanomid is down?

beennplaying up this week on Samsung telly and tried deleting app/reinstalling/turning off and on….

now it kist freezes when i press green button to manage app and add try to add my OTP code

asked Nanomid team but no reply

I used to really like Nanomid but I binned it a year or so back, I found it infuriating / impossible to reconnect my OG subscription and the help desk was no fucking help wahtsoever.

I now use Tivimate and it's miles better.

• 4 weeks later...