You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

Why?

It's panned out pretty much exactly as Werner and Keita.

Bundesliga players aren't all inherently shite, although there is a bit of a pattern emerging of failure, for whatever reason.

The whole thing is a bit incomprehensible. That Sancho wanted to sign there in the first place, the way their attack is set up where they can't get the best out of anybody, that he looks like a Championship player. It's weird. 

2 hours ago, m0e said:

Why?

It's panned out pretty much exactly as Werner and Keita.

I know Sancho's stats were good, but every time I watched him play before his move, I thought he looked fucking shite. A bit like my posts in the transfer thread, just another hipsters choice. It's like nobody watches people play anymore, they just get stats bomb and start wanking over players. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you watched Sancho play for Dortmund more than a couple times you would have to have seen him involved in the golas.

I watched him enough, probably about 10 times. He might have been involved in goals. I said in my post his stats were good. But he was shite.

Most players who play in a top professional league can score and create goals when given time and space. It's like that time wanyama looked like Steven Gerrard against us smashing one in from 25 yards. They can all do that if you let them. The good ones though do it when you don't let them. 

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

As you pointed out they must have been letting him do it just about every game.

I think the German league is very much like that. It's why so many of them look amazing there if you look at their numbers and the  not here. I think the same is true in Italy at the moment. There was a time people would say you can't trust the numbers of forwards in holland - players who stats looked the same would be worlds apart when they joined a major league. I think some quite ordinary players currently can score and create in Germany and Italy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Which is different than say Matip.

Or Firmino.

Defenders seem to do well here from Germany. Rudiger being another example.

Bobby, I'll give you. But he joined 6 years ago. Maybe 7. I'm talking about the last 3 years.

53 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you watched Sancho play for Dortmund more than a couple times you would have to have seen him involved in the golas.

Mate, he couldn't get in the England set up ahead of Saka! That tells you everything.

8 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Only for the fact that he's desperate to get out of there, it would be magnificent if he were to take them up on their outrageously generous offer. The only thing is, who would want him and afford him at the wages he demands?

We can but hope.

There are players that you'd say,xat any point in time, deserve to be the highest paid in the league.

Paul fucking Pogba is not and will never be one of them.

Make it so.

19 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Only for the fact that he's desperate to get out of there, it would be magnificent if he were to take them up on their outrageously generous offer. The only thing is, who would want him and afford him at the wages he demands?

We can but hope.

Jesus.

In a club full of Big Time Charlie’s, he’s by far the biggest one and should be first out the door.

On 07/01/2022 at 20:14, Chocoholic said:

We can but hope.

How much is Ronaldo earning then? I thought he was on more than that. It would be tremendous if they were to pay that money for a lad who doesn't give 2 fucks about playing for them and is only interesting in staying fit to pay for his country. France must fucking love them, he's one of the few players who plays in England come the summer tournament who is absolutely fucking knackered from the league season.