You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League draw

sir roger

That's by far the best draw. Benfica aren't good. They're 3rd in the Portuguese League. I watched both Ajax games and they went through pretty much because Ajax are crap at set pieces and their big strikers hurt Ajax' small defenders. We don't have that problem, 

1 minute ago, niallers said:

I loved it in 05 when all the omens came out bout the royal wedding and a new pope happened in one year where we won it, 81 I think. They always come out this time of year when we get to the latter stages. Like a big imaginary security blanket

Last time we won it Mook had a phone box up his arse. As luck would have it, it's still up there. Basically ours. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

I loved it in 05 when all the omens came out bout the royal wedding and a new pope happened in one year where we won it, 81 I think. They always come out this time of year when we get to the latter stages. Like a big imaginary security blanket

When we won it in 2005 we also played against Arsenal that season. 

Believe. 

Booked to go. Manchester to Faro on the Monday, train up to Lisbon on the Tuesday,  train and flight home the Weds. 

£176 all in. Extreme budget trip. 

Fucking Ryanair and EasyJet wanting £300-£400 for the flights. Fuck off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Booked to go. Manchester to Faro on the Monday, train up to Lisbon on the Tuesday,  train and flight home the Weds. 

£176 all in. Extreme budget trip. 

Fucking Ryanair and EasyJet wanting £300-£400 for the flights. Fuck off. 

Bairro Alto is a good place to drink. Great city. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Bairro Alto is a good place to drink. Great city. 

Cheers, although being the culture vulture I am, I expect to be stood in a central square drinking cans from a local offy, singing songs and booting a ball as high and far as possible.

#superfan 

Our run in…

Forest A

Watford H

Benfica A

Man City A

FA Cup Semi Final / Villa A

Man Utd H

Everton H

Bayern H (potentially)

Newcastle A

Bayern A (potentially)

Spurs H

FA Cup Final / Southampton A

Wolves H

CL Final

If that doesn’t make you aroused, you’re dead inside. 

Assume if we have to rearrange Villa or Southampton, they’ll be either side of the FA Cup Final.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Cheers, although being the culture vulture I am, I expect to be stood in a central square drinking cans from a local offy, singing songs and booting a ball as high and far as possible.

#superfan 

There's a few Irish bars by cais do sodre metro station down by the front as well.

Oriente is like a Marina in Dubai with a tower and cable car. John Malkovich owns a bar there too. 

Baixa/Praca Comercio is the main square down by the front where everyone will be kicking a footy round and having a few cans. Rua Augusta is a main street that leads down to the square. Has loads of bars and some decent places to eat.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Harry Squatter said:

There's a few Irish bars by cais do sodre metro station down by the front as well.

Oriente is like a Marina in Dubai with a tower and cable car. John Malkovich owns a bar there too. 

Baixa/Praca Comercio is the main square down by the front where everyone will be kicking a footy round and having a few cans. Rua Augusta is a main street that leads down to the square. Has loads of bars and some decent places to eat.

Cheers. That’s where the train goes into and where we are staying. 

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Cheers. That’s where the train goes into and where we are staying. 

Jealous. Its nice round there. 

I stayed by the Botanical Gardens and there was a cafe over the road where the fella used to make the prices up off the top of his head as he probably hated the owner. A checked steak, chocolate cake and 3 pints of Super Bock was €4. The next day it was €3.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Jealous. Its nice round there. 

I stayed by the Botanical Gardens and there was a cafe over the road where the fella used to make the prices up off the top of his head as he probably hated the owner. A checked steak, chocolate cake and 3 pints of Super Bock was €4. The next day it was €3.

Splendid. I’m looking forward to it. I went in 2006, didn’t have the best time or trip, hoping for significantly better this time. 

Sure it will be. 

40 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Hope you responded: ‘I Sphinx you’re having me on.’ 

I told her I’m off to see the Egyptian King. 

Edit - I didn’t. I was far to slow on the uptake for that. I couldn’t believe what she just said. 

32 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Splendid. I’m looking forward to it. I went in 2006, didn’t have the best time or trip, hoping for significantly better this time. 

Sure it will be. 

The weather will be glorious.

Try to head down to front if you can by the Belem Tower and the explorer monument. You can see Belenenses ground from there. Weirdly it backs onto a monastery.

If you are swigging cans try to get Super Bock in a dark orange can. Super bock is nice anyway but that version of it was glorious. We cleared out the offy over the road from our apartment and the fella there closed the shop to help us take the stuff back over the road.