You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

That's what I don't understand--this idea that two wrongs suddenly make a right.

I've been intermittently disgusted by the Yanks and their abettors/puppets for the past 40 years.

So I'm suddenly supposed to support Putin's attempt to destroy democratic Ukraine because of it?

It's idiotic.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ManéMan said:

Let's hope the Russians don't expand their 'war on terror' in response to these 'terror' attacks against their infrastructure, following previous precedent set by the peace loving civilised west.

Simple question.....why are Russian troops in Ukraine, Disregarding anything anyone else has done why are they there? Straight question, Straight answer. On you go.....

41 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

That's what I don't understand--this idea that two wrongs suddenly make a right.

I've been intermittently disgusted by the Yanks and their abettors/puppets for the past 40 years.

So I'm suddenly supposed to support Putin's attempt to destroy democratic Ukraine because of it?

It's idiotic.

Putin undermined US elections and the Brexit vote, his agents killed British citizens on UK soil with nerve agent. Putin has been at war with us for years, we just didn't notice. 

This bridge attack is some proper Wild Geese style shit, hats off.

• Upvote 1

God the shils are getting more and more desperate and transparent. 

The choirboys quote was our interference in foreign affairs compered to Russia's. It was not in anyway suggesting Russia were 'choirboys'..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-war-weapons-arms-russia-b2061662.html

Anyone got shares? 

10 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Yanks and Brits have been doing the same crimes with impunity while at the same time are acting and being celebrated as the magnanimous force against the evil Putin. God forbid the Russians start helping the victims of American aggression. 

The Russians have been found out, a lot of it being everyone was afraid of the big bad wolf, so it could use scare tactics for its work to happen. No one will be scared of them any longer, so I’d say their times of helping anyone is gone. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Yanks and Brits have been doing the same crimes with impunity while at the same time are acting and being celebrated as the magnanimous force against the evil Putin. God forbid the Russians start helping the victims of American aggression. 

So when the West acts as an aggressor it’s bad, because there’s a victim.  But when Russia does it, the victim doesn’t matter because reasons. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Why are you supposed to do what you say? Who's saying that?

3 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

It's idiotic.

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/08/russia-appoints-notorious-general-sergei-surovikin-ukraine

Surovikin is now in command. It's going to get (even more) ugly.

It's pretty telling that he's being promoted based on the fact he's got a rep for brutality and corruption, rather than actually being good at war. 

They don't seem to have any real ability in their armed forces at all, it's pretty impressive.

15 hours ago, DJLJ said:

The Russians have been found out, a lot of it being everyone was afraid of the big bad wolf, so it could use scare tactics for its work to happen. No one will be scared of them any longer, so I’d say their times of helping anyone is gone. 

Good for you then, your heroes can continue committing crimes with impunity.

Good job the rag tag army of Talibans didn't need any help then to send them packing!

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I think he was promoted based on his surname. "Surov" means something like rough, harsh. in Russian. In some other (south) Slavic languages also brutal.

So, general Roughson.

Promoted because he's a ruthless, murdering cunt who doesnt give a fuck about using troops as canon fodder or, the civilian casualties, more like.