You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things You Find Amusing, But Others Think You're A Dickhead?

Bruce Spanner

I repeatedly say "Who are you up for?" In any scenario to my wife and friends, no matter the subject. Could be a rowing couple in a film, Ant versus Dec, Superhero films - anything really. I get a chuckle when they get that incredulous look on their faces. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just told the wife I wanted to get buried in a Kiss officially licensed coffin, don't particularly like Kiss, but think it would be hysterical.

She's looking non plussed whilst I chuckle to myself about all the poor fuckers I outlive looking on confused.

Tell her that of you order it now you can use it as a beer cooler.  

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I often call my 15yo son to come downstairs, usually he's online gaming so when he comes down and I ask him something like if he had to pick one would he rather be a screwdriver or a spanner he gets a right cob on and huffs back up the stairs whilst I'm chuckling away like a mad person.

I’ll try that. 

I regularly say to the kids Can I ask you question? Have you always been a Wally or just lately?

I normally get a No you can’t now. I ask anyway, tickles me every time. 

One of my Dads Glaswegian mates used to take great pleasure when I'd go up there as a kid in patting me on the shoulder everytime he saw me and going "alright big man". He was about 6ft 7 with hands like sherman tanks and I would have been about 8 stone piss wet through. Dickhead. 

• Upvote 1

All sorts of stupid shit

At work we had a older guy, great fella but would bite if he had the arse. And he did when we voted the hours to change to 6:30 to 6:30 rather than 7-7. So he cones in with the arse and I kept throwing a tennis ball against the unit above his head whole he was signing in pissed of cUse it was 6:30. He lost his shit grab the thing nearest to him and lobbed it at my head. Missed me by a mile and it went 15ft out the door. 

The next morning I saw him leave the building on camera, it was only him in the building. So I cancelled his pass before he could get back. He wasn't impressed. 

Oh and one night I lightly tapped a plastic cup with a little water above so it would fall on his head when he came back in. 

Mind you our supervisor got the arse with a twat that used to eat any food he could find in the fridge or any crisps etc that people brought in for the team. He wouldn't bring fuck all in. So he made a massive chocolate cake and loaded it with laxatives and fucked off. By the time he got back after hearing him shouting down the radio he'd shit himself 

Literally every single time i am in a work based meeting or training session and at the end someone says "any questions?" i have to restrain myself from throwing my hand up and saying "how do i get out of this chickenshlt outfit?" 

As soon as it gets asked my mate gives me "the glare"

Hudson from Aliens (1986): Celebrating Characters in Cinema Volume V -  Inside the Brain of E.C. Henry

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Literally every single time i am in a work based meeting or training session and at the end someone says "any questions?" i have to restrain myself from throwing my hand up and saying "how do i get out of this chickenshlt outfit?" 

Hudson from Aliens (1986): Celebrating Characters in Cinema Volume V -  Inside the Brain of E.C. Henry

Just say 'please sir, can I go to the toilet?'.

21 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Class.

I had to chair a meeting at my old place and when I finished just said.

"Any questions?"

"Anyone....anyone...Bueller?"

10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

When using the lift at work the automated voice says ‘Going down’ and I always have to say ‘Mr Tyler’. Gets me funny looks but I can’t help it.  Must have done it over 400 times before lockdown.  

I do the same! It's ingrained in my head now. The wife just rolls her eyes at me these days. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

All sorts of stupid shit

At work we had a older guy, great fella but would bite if he had the arse. And he did when we voted the hours to change to 6:30 to 6:30 rather than 7-7. So he cones in with the arse and I kept throwing a tennis ball against the unit above his head whole he was signing in pissed of cUse it was 6:30. He lost his shit grab the thing nearest to him and lobbed it at my head. Missed me by a mile and it went 15ft out the door. 

The next morning I saw him leave the building on camera, it was only him in the building. So I cancelled his pass before he could get back. He wasn't impressed. 

Oh and one night I lightly tapped a plastic cup with a little water above so it would fall on his head when he came back in. 

So basically you're a bully. 

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Used to be a million x million back in the day

Is correct. A million millon was the British billion, a thousand millon was the American billion.

Makes it easier to become a billionaire I suppose.

Fuck knows waht a trillion was.