You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

20230130_144412.jpg

https://www.business-live.co.uk/enterprise/avanti-west-coast-handed-shareholders-25958355

Is it too much to ask a British politican (of any party) to put an end to this madness?

Following on from this a perfect example of British journalism. Martin has his own business show on Sky news. Brilliant 

20230130_194459.jpg20230130_194508.jpg

Everything in Britain is a rip off because that's the philosophy that cascades down. You don't make money over here by doing things well, you do it by bumming people or shafting them or both.

The Americans have got Seaworld where they've got Orca whales doling out handjobs, we've got the sealife centre in Ellesmere Port which has two cod and a crab, for £45 entry but with a free pencil sharpener. 

The yanks have got Google and Facebook, we've got the son of Matt Hancock's cousin peddling a mental health app called D-prest, which plays whalesong and projects an acid house symbol onto your ceiling and which has been sold to the NHS for 18 million quid.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Following on from this a perfect example of British journalism. Martin has his own business show on Sky news. Brilliant 

20230130_194459.jpg20230130_194508.jpg

Just did a check and you can get a return for 68 quid. I mean, no doubt I could find a way to fuck it into charging insane prices too, but I'm not sure why I would. Edit: Sorry, I'm a spaz. It's £77 if you pick the cheapest tickets. 

That said, we need to bring rail back into public hands. Vote Labour, etc. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Just did a check and you can get a return for 68 quid. I mean, no doubt I could find a way to fuck it into charging insane prices too, but I'm not sure why I would. Edit: Sorry, I'm a spaz. It's £77 if you pick the cheapest tickets. 

That said, we need to bring rail back into public hands. Vote Labour, etc. 

Probably but I think his point was the certain operators taking advantage and ripping off the public.

Still stick up your open ended return for 2 days time because as he said they do fluctuate. 

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Probably but I think his point was the certain operators taking advantage and ripping off the public.

Still stick up your open ended return for 2 days time because as he said they do fluctuate. 

He ended up finding a ticket for just under a 100 quid but it got him into Liverpool 3 hours late. Bryan's a BBC radio presenter. 

Here's the thread.

Their was a cheap one way ticket for under 50 quid but it was at an inconvenient time, one way and not open ended. No idea where Numeros cheap tickets are, certainly not on this thread and it seems half of twitter were on the case.

The main point was to get to and fro Liverpool at his chosen time to catch his appointment it would've cost him over 300 quid.

If this is the train service between two of the worlds most iconic city's it's no wonder the country's fucked.

However fuck Scott and his travel woes here's some good news.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/enterprise/avanti-west-coast-handed-shareholders-25958355

Anyone see the torys Mp for Newmarket and top celeb on GMB yesterday morning?

I think Hancock envisaged a soft focus interview where he promotes his new book and media career and endulges in a bit of banter with Richard Madley about singing Culture Club songs with Boy George during his stint on I'm a celebrity.

And it did indeed start that way until Sussana Reid butted in to ask him her own questions, 'Let's move away from the jungle if I may'

Sorry its a vid but its worth showing. Oh dear, this didn't go well for Hanky, didn't go well at all. 

• Like 1

So we can’t treat our sick, teach our kids , heat our homes, feed our families , catch criminals ,travel on trains and to cap it all we have no means to defend our shores . The Tories will be happy to let Labour inherit the shitefest as they have pretty much robbed every piggy bank and trousered the loot.

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah think so. 

He thought he was going to have a light hearted chat with Richard Madley. He then got absolutely mauled by Sussana Reid. 

Saying that i'd love to be mauled by Suzy Reid only I'd enjoy it a lot more than Matt Hancock did yesterday morning.