You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, A Red said:

So you don't know. Why not err on the side of safety for your fellow human beings and recognise that a policy of mask wearing is probably best at the moment, when in close proximity to others, bearing in mind you admit they stop droplets and have no idea or evidence of how many they don't?

Because, like I said, it's futile when they are the direct cause of the formation of many more droplets. Which is why places with different mask policies see no meaningful impact on covid transmission rates.

I've always worn a mask when legally required to do so; you seem to be suggesting this isn't enough and I should just ignore my own experiences and unquestioningly accept the illogical received wisdom.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Because, like I said, it's futile when they are the direct cause of the formation of many more droplets. Which is why places with different mask policies see no meaningful impact on covid transmission rates.

I've always worn a mask when legally required to do so; you seem to be suggesting this isn't enough and I should just ignore my own experiences and unquestioningly accept the illogical received wisdom.

I know you've always worn a mask, its more about your disagreement over them. 

You've already admitted you cant back up your first sentence so therefore why not agree that to err on safety would be the best policy?

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Oh how you tried to cut me down to size,

Telling dirty lies to your friends,
Research said no mask needed my friend,

The world ain’t coming to and end.

Breath like a man fast as you can,

Breath like a man my son,

No one is worth you wearing a mask,

So cough like a man my son.

terror-the-wanderers.gif

monophy.gif

• Upvote 1

Whereas 20th-Century totalitarianism was more or less national and overtly political, New Normal totalitarianism is supranational, and its ideology is much more subtle. The New Normal is not Nazism or Stalinism. It’s global-capitalist totalitarianism, and global capitalism doesn’t have an ideology, technically, or, rather, its ideology is ‘reality’.

But the most significant difference between 20th-Century totalitarianism and this nascent, global totalitarianism is how New Normal totalitarianism “pathologizes” its political nature, effectively rendering itself invisible, and thus immune to political opposition. Whereas 20th-Century totalitarianism wore its politics on its sleeve, New Normal totalitarianism presents itself as a non-ideological (i.e., supra-political) reaction to a global public health emergency.

And, thus, its classic totalitarian features — e.g., the revocation of basic rights and freedoms, centralization of power, rule by decree, oppressive policing of the population, demonization and persecution of a “scapegoat” underclass, censorship, propaganda, etc. — are not hidden, because they are impossible to hide, but are recontextualized in a pathologized official narrative.

This pathologized official narrative is more powerful (and insidious) than any ideology, as it functions, not as a belief system or ethos, but rather, as objective “reality.” You cannot argue with or oppose “reality.” “Reality” has no political opponents. Those who challenge “reality” are “insane,” i.e., “conspiracy theorists,” “anti-vaxxers,” “Covid deniers,” “extremists,” etc. And, thus, the pathologized New Normal narrative also pathologizes its political opponents, simultaneously stripping us of political legitimacy and projecting its own violence onto us.

This pathologization of totalitarianism — and the political/ideological conflict we have been engaged in for the past 20 months — is the most significant difference between New Normal totalitarianism and 20th-Century totalitarianism. The entire global-capitalist apparatus (i.e., corporations, governments, supranational entities, the corporate and state media, academia, etc.) has been put into service to achieve this objective.

https://consentfactory.org/2021/11/22/pathologized-totalitarianism-101/

• Upvote 1

Moderna execs are predicting that Omicron will require new vaccines, which will take months to produce:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-30/moderna-ceo-says-world-may-need-new-vaccines-to-fight-omicron

The phrase used is a "material drop" in efficacy for the current vaccines.

Pfizer execs say 100 days to produce new vaccine, current vaccines will maintain "some efficacy" and that we'll know what level in "two to three weeks".

So now we wait to see what level of efficacy will be maintained (from whatever source), how infectious (vs Delta) and virulent omicron is, and then what type of strain it might put on our health-care systrems, and how deadly it might be.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Comparing vaccinations and putting measures in place to try and stem the spread of a virus thats killed over 4 million people worldwide in less than 2 years to the Nazis is staggeringly warped. 

Does no one else remember when he was going to write a book uncovering all the secrets and conspiracies of the world?  Thinking he’s going to be rational on this is like expecting a moth to be able to play chess. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Comparing vaccinations and putting measures in place to try and stem the spread of a virus thats killed over 4 million people worldwide in less than 2 years to the Nazis is staggeringly warped. 

If the Nuremberg Code is now a joke because it goes against the official narrative I'm not going to be too fussed about posting an image from a Wolfenstein game.

To be more serious though, if anyone had a loved one in Austria or Greece that was soon to be injured or killed by a vaccine they never wanted, I'd guess this whole situation would rapidly look different if they'd previously thought all of these measures were fine.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

If the Nuremberg Code is now a joke because it goes against the official narrative I'm not going to be too fussed about posting an image from a Wolfenstein game.

To be more serious though, if anyone had a loved one in Austria or Greece that was soon to be injured or killed by a vaccine they never wanted, I'd guess this whole situation would rapidly look different if they'd previously thought all of these measures were fine.

I guess as soon as the death rate as a direct result of having the vaccine goes above the covid death rate of the unvaccinated you will have some sort of argument. Using the nazis will never really be a fair argument considering the amount of people they killed and the evil things they did. That said, I don't believe in mandatory vaccines.