You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takumi Minamino

aRdja

On 16/01/2022 at 04:37, Judge said:

Our scouting team is surely one of the worst in the league. I remember seeing the Salzburg game and being impressed by several of their attacking players. We ended up with the worst of them. 

Nothing wrong with the effort, he simply doesn’t have enough quality.

Really? ??

On 14/01/2022 at 20:08, sir roger said:

Likeable lad who tries for every minute he is on the pitch , but if you are as lightweight as he is you have to have a great first touch as a minimum , and he doesn't.

Revised my opinion tbh. He is a squad player and has done his bit . Think he has got 10 or 11 goals as 5th or 6th choice. Where else you going to find that?

He's still searching and/or waiting for a precise role in the team, IMHO. The emergence of Elliott (who, fan though I am of his, seems to get indulged way more than Taki does for similar input) has undemined his chances of developing into a Ray Houghton sort of busy goal-scoring midfielder, and that leaves him in the pretty thankless position of an attacking utility player. And in that sense I'd say his recent efforts have been quite admirable. 

It doesn't really leave him looking like he has any kind of clear road of progress stretching ahead, but as I said before, at the price we paid for him, and the attitude he has, he represents, at worst, a very handy squad player of a kind that we really need.

He's got a clear role to play. He covers a fair few positions and has an eye for goal.

He's cheap as chips, doesn't complain, and gets on with everyone.

The ultimate squad player.

1 minute ago, m0e said:

He's got a clear role to play. He covers a fair few positions and has an eye for goal.

He's cheap as chips, doesn't complain, and gets on with eveyrone.

Enough about Messi. How are we going to keep hold of our cup king Minamino this summer?

• Upvote 1

On 04/03/2022 at 13:35, m0e said:

He's cheap as chips, doesn't complain, and gets on with everyone.

I'd go along with that as long as he's quite down the order for a regular start. I wouldn't be keen to watch him play for a long period. While he has 6 players in front of him for 3 places in attack and probably 8 players in front of him for 3 in midfield - if he's happy with that, we won't get a better player for that position in the squad. I'd not be too happy if we lose div and firmino/mane in the summer and he picks up the 5th slot. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Some stat that.

We should get our money back at least on him.

Was a low risk, low cost deal that just never worked out, but hey it happens.

Good luck to the lad, he'll do ok at a team that isn't as good as we are and we hope to be.

He also gave my 12 year old lad in his first night on the Kop a moment he'll never forget in that milk cup semi....

6 minutes ago, A_S said:

Could he be the new Divock? 

He IS the new Divock. They'll be re-cast from now on like Dr Whos. After the Asian Divock we'll get the Asperger's Divock, the lesbian Divock, the uni-dexter Divock and, when people are ready to believe it, the East Anglian Divock.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Credit were credit is due he never lets us down, great finisher.

He should spend the summer studying Terry McDermott videos. He's a really interesting character - great Brian Hall-like engine, fine technique, very versatile and surprisingly sharp in the box, and he's greatly improved on his positional play. The danger for him is that, because of his versatility and discipline, his full potential could be stifled because of so often being asked to 'fill-in,' but even now he's a really useful squad member, and a bargain signing.