You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (H) 9/8 Premier League

Bjornebye

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Objectively, we were awful defensively. Not just bad. Awful. They could have scored 5 and it wouldn't have flattered them. It was a weird performance. Chaotic, no control, but we could have scored every 10 minutes had the finishing been better.

Wacko stacko

We were poor defensively on a good few occasions last night. Klopp was doing his nut on the touchline. There’s no requirement to be a happy clapper. You can still enjoy the win but acknowledge where we were poor, Moof.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We were poor defensively on a good few occasions last night. Klopp was doing his nut on the touchline. There’s no requirement to be a happy clapper. You can still enjoy the win but acknowledge where we were poor, Moof.

There might just be some grey area between “happy clapper” and “if they scored 5 it wouldn’t have flattered them”.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Opinions,eh. While he obviously wasn't crap and can do a job for the team,out wide he is a major drop off from Mane. His pace and knack of scoring important goals are a big asset but I think he often switches off out of possession and can look frustrated with his role at times. Much better option than Sturridge for me though.

I wasn't saying he was an equal to Mane. I meant he played like he was part of the team, and may I say, adequately so -- as opposed to the alien figure of last season that despite the crucial goals he scored, was more notable for misplaced passes and failed 1-2s. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

If City were 4-0 up at home to Norwich at half-time, does anyone think it would have finished 4-1?

And that's why City are going to win the league.

Your point is a valid one but with a Super Cup game and a League game a few days later then I'm not surprised we eased off in the second half. Not forgetting a new goalie cutting his teeth and its not a big worry just yet.

12 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Thought their right-back was pretty decent. Might be worth a look if they go straight back down.

Watched the game in a pub by Lincoln, chatting with the owner who was a Sheff Wed fan, he was raving about Aarons before the game even started, having watched him all last season. He was impressive. 

Not surprisingly he also reckons Sheff United will go straight back down.

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Watched the game in a pub by Lincoln with the owner who was a Sheff Wed fan, he was raving about Aarons before the game even started, having watched him all last season. He was impressive. 

Not surprisingly he also reckons Sheff United will go straight back down.

Also not surprisingly, I heard the exact opposite from a United fan.

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They had loads of clear cut chances. 

Define "clear cut". I don't remember more than 2, one of which they scored from.

They had loads of opportunities to create clear cut chances, but that's a whole lot different from loads of clear cut chances.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

If City were 4-0 up at home to Norwich at half-time, does anyone think it would have finished 4-1?

And that's why City are going to win the league.

No, but plenty of times it would finish 4-0 

“Hanley became the sixth Norwich player to score a top flight own goal against Liverpool, and only four teams have scored more. It’s nice to see Everton lead the way with nine.”

Ohhh Everton where all laughing at you....another first to their list of firsts

Good start to the season but we're not there yet, they did make quite a few openings. Credit to them though, they will cause teams problems because they have a go and try and keep the ball. Nothing kick and rush about them. 

For the defensive issues we had, we were very good going forward in the first half. Origi started well (and faded badly in the second half) and Salah and Firmino, given they are behind everyone else, have got straight back on it. Henderson picked up where he left off, looks a threat in that advanced role. The Norwich keeper had a great game, had he not been on it it would have been 7 or 8-0. 

I'm all for us being 4-0 up at half time. It means we could afford to treat the second half like a training exercise but it is a little bit eye raising how many problems Norwich caused us at times. Losing the goalkeeper for any length of time is a blow because he's so good. At least Adrian is very confident with the ball at his feet, that will help a lot. Hopefully he is as commanding in the air as that's the doubt I had with him. 

Hopefully we will carry on this vein of goalscoring form because the results elsewhere this weekend and even the size of them have already proved that there is no margin for error.