You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, redinoz said:

We've been up since 4:30am to watch it. My 12yo was with me for the ups and downs.

My 10yo fell asleep on the couch, but woke up 2 mins before big div assured the win. What a start to the day.

Fuck yeah.

I'm still buzzing mate. I can't wait for the kids to wake up, I want to watch the match again with them. I'm pretty much dry sober now anyway, just tired. Sleep is for pansies anyway, just gonna grit my teeth and smile my way through the whole day. Missus has just woken up (She is a speech therapist and has to work Sunday's with a special group) and she believes that I had sleep but woke up early......hahaha....win/win. 

Kings of Europe. #6 in the bag. Too bad it wasn't a double but lets leave that out for now. 

It was what I thought a typical PL dog fight which took away the shine a bit. It was cagey and nervy at times but we are side that has been beaten once in a PL season, our defence is immense and it showed tonight. 

In cloud 9 right now and this smile ain't going away any time soon. I was in tears when Henderson lifted the trophy but I'm particularly pleased for Klopp. The man deserved it, not only this season but also for the past seasons where we came so close. 

Love the team, love the manager, love the fans. Imagine not supporting the best club in the world. 

Kings of Europe.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, skaro said:

My 12yo son's very chirpy after a 4.30am start.

School tomorrow might be a different story.

I have to pretend I'm sober now....I need a summer off the ale. 

Guest Pistonbroke

my missus has bought my story.........Sunday rescued. Fuck cooking though, I just need to twist her arm after work to go to a restaurant. If I mention Jurgen and wear a Liverpool top we might get a price reduction....

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

my missus has bought my story.........Sunday rescued. Fuck cooking though, I just need to twist her arm after work to go to a restaurant. If I mention Jurgen and wear a Liverpool top we might get a price reduction....

Wear Lovren's number and Sieker-Mitte might even throw in some free ćevapčiči.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Wear Lovren's number and Sieker-Mitte might even throw in some free ćevapčiči.

That is shut down mate. Different owners now. Bit of a bummer as it was our go to restaurant. Got another though, we do like our Slavic food. This one does lamb to die for. They also love the footie, in particular Red star Belgrade and Liverpool, so I can while the hours away chatting shite ;) 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That is shut down mate. Different owners now. Bit of a bummer as it was our go to restaurant. Got another though, we do like our Slavic food. This one does lamb to die for. They also love the footie, in particular Red star Belgrade and Liverpool, so I can while the hours away chatting shite ;) 

Red Star?  Serbs, mate... not sure I'd be as welcome behind the bar at their gaff.

I'm sure the food is great though.  Serbs/Croats are culinary kissing cousins in that Danubian region.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

Red Star?  Serbs, mate... not sure I'd be as welcome behind the bar at their gaff.

I'm sure the food is great though.  Serbs/Croats are culinary kissing cousins in that Danubian region.

They love Croats mate, old school slavs. You know what it's like here in Germany. They left the Balkans to get away from the bigotry so get along fine. They really love Liverpool, so it seems like an easy decision to go there for our dinner. just got to make sure the wife agrees.........I feel fine at the moment, but I'm gonna be fucked by the time she gets back. Plus we still have a shit load of meat left from the Raclette yesterday, so need to twist her arm to throw that away and eat away from home. To be honest, I'm on such a high I couldn't give a shit what happens today. What a feeling.......we now need to use six fingers like those Stoke bastards, but for better reasons. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They love Croats mate, old school slavs. You know what it's like here in Germany. They left the Balkans to get away from the bigotry so get along fine. They really love Liverpool, so it seems like an easy decision to go there for our dinner. just got to make sure the wife agrees.........I feel fine at the moment, but I'm gonna be fucked by the time she gets back. Plus we still have a shit load of meat left from the Raclette yesterday, so need to twist her arm to throw that away and eat away from home. To be honest, I'm on such a high I couldn't give a shit what happens today. What a feeling.......we now need to use six fingers like those Stoke bastards, but for better reasons. 

You might need a six-pack to go with those 6 fingers.

Guest Pistonbroke

Anyway....who do you lot think deserves MOTM? Player wise....as Klopp was my MOTM for his tactics. 

Player wise it's a hard decision, nobody stood out, it was so much a team performance to land our 6'th big ears. If I had to stick my neck out i'd say Andy Robertson was pretty much solid throughout the game. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Anyway....who do you lot think deserves MOTM? Player wise....as Klopp was my MOTM for his tactics. 

Player wise it's a hard decision, nobody stood out, it was so much a team performance to land our 6'th big ears. If I had to stick my neck out i'd say Andy Robertson was pretty much solid throughout the game. 

What the fuck?

What the fuck are you doing, turning back up after months in the wilderness?

Big match beaut.

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

@Stuart Morse?

1. Alisson Becker

2. Virgil Van Dijk

2. Sadio Mane

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Kevin D said:

What the fuck?

What the fuck are you doing, turning back up after months in the wilderness?

Big match beaut.

I try my best, it's in my genes........Levi Strauss 501's...maybe Wranglers. 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I don't think I could say really... maybe Alisson.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

@Stuart Morse?

1. Alisson Becker

2. Virgil Van Dijk

2. Sadio Mane

Allison was steady and made a few decent saves, but they were pretty much bread and butter for a keeper of his standard. Big Virg was also solid, but hardly had to excel. Mane was very good, have to give you that. Robbo for me was very good, held onto the ball well and also broke up Spurs play. He also produced a threat at the other end, Trippier and Alli  were basically null and void and that was down to Robbo. 

All down to opinions though, I thought our left side of Mane and Robbo was fucking ace.