You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think individual wise they are better. Desire wise most are. 

Agree with this. If you look at some of the teams who have beaten us, there’s hardly a player we would want to sit on our bench let alone start for us. But ability without application means fuck all.  

10 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Had a dig at some of the players lack of effort after the Madrid game.

If the cunt didn't concede 5 in the first leg then we might not have had that problem!

I'm joking. I love him really, the big beautiful bastard. 

22 minutes ago, aws said:

Agree with this. If you look at some of the teams who have beaten us, there’s hardly a player we would want to sit on our bench let alone start for us. But ability without application means fuck all.  

How many would you even want from arsenal or the mancs? Let alone all the other shite. Look at that Newcastle side being hailed. I'd maybe look at guimaraes, but that's because our midfield is garbage. But they have fucking Sean longstaffe starting in midfield each week. And joelinton, who is suddenly seen as brilliant because he randomly charges around not scoring 20 yards deeper than he used to. And Joe willock, fucking hell. And they're their equivalents in our worst position. You might have one of them. 

The other sides form may be better and we are also suffering badly with injuries again. Add to that trying to field a new completely different front line. But better i wouldn't say so unless it carries into next season. We are just completely broken in midfield wether its a mental shutdown over last year or physical whatever. 

Its effort more than most from what can be seen for me and even 1/2% difference makes all the difference at the top level

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The other sides form may be better and we are also suffering badly with injuries again. Add to that trying to field a new completely different front line. But better i wouldn't say so unless it carries into next season. We are just completely broken in midfield wether its a mental shutdown over last year or physical whatever. 

Its effort more than most from what can be seen for me and even 1/2% difference makes all the difference at the top level

Well this is the point. We are always going to have injuries and while we do it's levelling us off against even minnows. And there a glaring inefficiencies in certain parts of the team even when players are fully fit.

55 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Hopefully he also acknowledged that if it wasn't for his fuck up in the first leg the tie might have had a different outcome.

His fuck up made it 2 each or did he fuck up for the 3 goalsafter that too ??

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

How many would you even want from arsenal or the mancs? Let alone all the other shite. Look at that Newcastle side being hailed. I'd maybe look at guimaraes, but that's because our midfield is garbage. But they have fucking Sean longstaffe starting in midfield each week. And joelinton, who is suddenly seen as brilliant because he randomly charges around not scoring 20 yards deeper than he used to. And Joe willock, fucking hell. And they're their equivalents in our worst position. You might have one of them. 

Our squad is stuffed with players who, on paper, are the best or near best in the Prem their positions. Which just makes their under-performance more embarrassing.  A couple of top midfielders who can run and have a good work ethic will help but I’m starting to think more drastic measures might be necessary to root out the complacency. I hope Jurgen knows what needs to be done. 

9 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

His comments are the comments of a captain in my opinion....... 

I was just coming to say the same. 

He’s been saying it all season. 

Apparently the captains group is Hendo, Milner, VVD, TAA, Robbo and Alisson. We should be dropping TAA from that group and moving VVD down the priority. 

13 hours ago, aws said:

Our squad is stuffed with players who, on paper, are the best or near best in the Prem their positions. Which just makes their under-performance more embarrassing.  A couple of top midfielders who can run and have a good work ethic will help but I’m starting to think more drastic measures might be necessary to root out the complacency. I hope Jurgen knows what needs to be done. 

Oh yeah, complacency or desire could very well be, or are indeed central to to all this. There's no doubting the talent of our players is above I would say everyone but city. And even then I think there's a gnats hair in it. But our desire for 3 points is not what it's been in previous seasons. As someone else has mentioned, klopp has pushed the mentality monsters line for long enough to know that this group of players no longer have it. Only he knows if it requires full scale surgery or just a bit of tweaking. 

To your point about midfielders, I have thought for most of this season that a couple would make all the difference and the energy the team got from bajcetic was maybe testament to that. But I'm genuinely worried about some of our most senior players outside of midfield - vvd, Trent and Salah in particular. But I think we'd all agree we needed 2 or 3 midfielders last summer. The rest of the squad is 1 year older now, so it stands to reason we need to be starting to look at freshness in other positions too. And this lack of cover for right back can't continue. We've a lot of players who've been here a long time now, maybe some of them just need a fresh challenge and some different messages from a coaching team - I'm thinking about players like Gomez & matip on top of all the obvious changes and maybe the desire of some of the senior ones. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I was just coming to say the same. 

He’s been saying it all season. 

Apparently the captains group is Hendo, Milner, VVD, TAA, Robbo and Alisson. We should be dropping TAA from that group and moving VVD down the priority. 

I totally agree. 

I'm 41, and Alisson on is without doubt, the best keeper I've personally ever seen at this club. Besides his constant 10/10 performances, he's a head of sense and a real "man" if you know what i mean. 

13 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Hopefully he also acknowledged that if it wasn't for his fuck up in the first leg the tie might have had a different outcome.

Have to agree with this, the goal he gifted them at Anfield was a Karius level blunder & really fucked us.

He has plenty credit in the bank but that was absolutely shameful.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

I totally agree. 

I'm 41, and Alisson on is without doubt, the best keeper I've personally ever seen at this club. Besides his constant 10/10 performances, he's a head of sense and a real "man" if you know what i mean. 

I am also 41 and totally agree!

Of all the players who have gotten new contracts in the last couple of years, he's the only one who has maintained his performance levels. 

Despite not being in best form, I don't think you can question Hendo, Milner or Robbo's effort. VVD & TAA have been so laid back & non-plussed, I'm surprised they haven't just whipped out a deck chair during games.

15 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Have to agree with this, the goal he gifted them at Anfield was a Karius level blunder & really fucked us.

He has plenty credit in the bank but that was absolutely shameful.

While I do agree with this, also, previous Liverpool sides he's played it wouldn't have shat the bed and capitulated like that.

We have all seen significantly worse Liverpool sides fight their way out of worse situations that being level at half time. 

On 18/03/2023 at 11:29, Scott_M said:

I am also 41 and totally agree!

Of all the players who have gotten new contracts in the last couple of years, he's the only one who has maintained his performance levels. 

Despite not being in best form, I don't think you can question Hendo, Milner or Robbo's effort. VVD & TAA have been so laid back & non-plussed, I'm surprised they haven't just whipped out a deck chair during games.

Probably a bit harsh on VVD this. While he has been far from his best it's just a reality that he's struggling to find his new level rather than being complacent. Alongside Konate,he is the Matip and Konate is the old VVD. 

On 17/03/2023 at 14:18, Barrington Womble said:

It's interesting because Trent said something after the Bournemouth game about them being hungrier than us and wanting it more. I wonder if this has been a discussion point in the dressing room about our overall issues?

If it has, I'll be incredibly disappointed if the expression 'eye of the tiger' hasn't been thrown around.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

While he’s dead right to say it, it’s worrying that he was frustrated enough to do so. Rarely ends well when a player starts questioning the attitude or ambition of others at the club. 

He’s the best in the world, or near enough to it, so why wouldn’t he consider other options if he doesn’t see things improving?

I hope we hang onto Kelleher for another season.

• 3 months later...