You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool To Finish Above Manu

Red Nick

Because they dont have a midfield anymore.

I think we'd probably swap our defenders and defo our strikers with theres but defo not our midfield which is where they used to be so strong. Keane like his manager has his best days behind him. he can probably raise his came for LFC and the forthcoming Arsenal game but he cant do it on a consistent basis.

They no longer have a ball winner like Gerrard, Lampard or Viera and a bit like us they are stuck with what theyve got until Jan.

Its so easy to play through them now so there defence dosent get any protection and there midfield isnt giving the front players any service.

Most games are won in midfield and utd probably have only the 5th best midfield in the country now. no midfield no championship chalenge

Am i complainig, no its brilliant and i believe we will finish above them this season however the next manager will only have to buy 2 quality centre midfield players and they will be a force again.

In the meantime lets enjoy there demise

I think we'd probably swap our defenders and defo our strikers with theres but defo not our midfield which is where they used to be so strong. Keane like his manager has his best days behind him. he can probably raise his came for LFC and the forthcoming Arsenal game but he cant do it on a consistent basis.

They no longer have a ball winner like Gerrard, Lampard or Viera and a bit like us they are stuck with what theyve got until Jan.

Its so easy to play through them now so there defence dosent get any protection and there midfield isnt giving the front players any service.

Most games are won in midfield and utd probably have only the 5th best midfield in the country now. no midfield no championship chalenge

Am i complainig, no its brilliant and i believe we will finish above them this season however the next manager will only have to buy 2 quality centre midfield players and they will be a force again.

Agree up to a point, but if they are that easy to play through, how come we didn't do it ?

Think they might need more than 2 CMP's, a keeper and a replacement for red vespa's signature come to mind..............

It's far to early to write them off. People have been doing that since Alan Hansen's "can't win with kids" quote and it's been the same this year so far.

With Wayne Rooney perhaps playing behind a front pairing of Saha/Smith and RVN, they look like scoring loads of goals and I with Rio back I don't think we should start writing them off just yet.

Every time we do, they keep coming back.

Never ever write them off. Their midfield certainly isn't what it was though.

At the start of the season I predicted a top four of:

Arsenal

Man Utd

Liverpool

Chelsea

Still stand by that.

Anyone else want Man Utd to win next Sunday? Getting really sick of all this Arsenal crap, and its getting very boring. One part of me would love us to be the first to beat them, but I don't care who does it I just want someone to finally beat them smug little cunts!

I agree with some of that, but fucking Lampard ??????

Anyone else want Man Utd to win next Sunday? Getting really sick of all this Arsenal crap, and its getting very boring. One part of me would love us to be the first to beat them, but I don't care who does it I just want someone to finally beat them smug little cunts!

No. I hope Arsenal twat them silly. I hope Henry scores three and smugs his arrogant face up and down the touchline with his scowly look. A Gunner win and the mancs are done like Shepherds Pie at 220C for fifty minutes. We could have fucked their season when we went there but didn't show up, and were 'gifted' a goal as well. We aren't going to win the title this year, so that leaves Chelsea and ManU as the only other squads that could. I'll take Asrenal over those two. As well, I'd rather we get them still unbeaten and make a statement that they're on notice. The 'on notice' being next year will bring a challenge.

And I wouldn't write off ManU either. Despite a tattery MF there's enought there to still cause damage. Agree they need a 'keeper. Let's see now, Rudolph gives way to an Aussie coke-snorting Nazi, who is spelled by an Italian in trackies, then Timmy the Porto-parrying Yank, and now Northern Irelands Number 1 (who is pretty decent). Moreover, the Rooney wankfest seems to have slowed down a bit??

And if you love football, begrudglingly you have to love the way Arsenal play. The skill level is unbelievable.

Oh, and I'd settle for a good old fashioned ice hockey game to break out like last year.

I think your in dreamland if you think our midfield betters Keane, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo.

Gerrard and Alonso yeah but who else can even be classed as good in our midfield??

I can see your point... and agree..They still have a good midfield... but in my opinion Keane,Scholes and Giggs is mostly names now. They live on past reputations. Still good players, but they are past their best and on a downward spiral.

We probably have the best central midfield duo in England, maybe even Europe, but we still havent found the right balance, and until we do i honestly cant claim that our midfield is better than theirs...

But we are getting closer and a midfield of Kewell,Garcia, Alonso and Gerrard sure has great potential... if only we get our wings to start producing on a regular basis we could be going places!

United's midfield is certainly not as strong as it has been in recent years, but they still have a fair few match winners in that department. In Ronaldo, i think, they have a fantastic player who would get into any side.

They are only really lacking a replacement for Keane imo. Howard and Carroll are every bit as good as Lehman, so can't see too much of a problem there. Its not as if they are leaking goals.

Saying that, I think we could quite possibly finish above them. The fear factor of playing against United has gone, and you feel that any team could take a point off them, whereas with Arsenal every game is a banker.

Hope they get fucking spanked for 6 against Arsenal.

Well said JB. We should just be concentrating on ourselves and our own strengths and weaknesses rather than worrying about Utd. We have enough problems in our squad and despite Utd not being the force they once were they have a better squad than us. The only department we have better than Utd is the goalkeeper imo.