You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish

Oh, it’s an actual thing. Original post has been edited and a video added, I presumed it was a hoax or something to break the Fekir monotony. Sorry mate.

Didn’t even know people get these things halfway through the year, always thought it was just New Years.

I'd guess we, the club and more than likely his family, will be more made up for him, than he is himself.

That aside,beyond the footballer, who there have been few better - what a man and what a compassionate man on how he conducted himself during ours and his, darkest hours.

For that alone this is long over due and not by some archaic heraldic gerrymandering, but by being compassionate and showing care and an honest sense of feeling, to people in need and that alone for me, he owns the stars, let alone some tatty piece of silver gilt.

The King

Oh, it’s an actual thing. Original post has been edited and a video added, I presumed it was a hoax or something to break the Fekir monotony. Sorry mate.

Didn’t even know people get these things halfway through the year, always thought it was just New Years.

Queen's birthday, too.

You’ve recently stated you dislike Steven Gerrard and compared him negatively to Scott Brown. I reckon if Sir King Kenny read that he’d be publicly telling you to fuck off.

Difference between jest and genuine feeling. Now fuck off you bad wool.

The thing is it doesn’t get to this stage without a person accepting it. They couldn’t be having people telling the queen to fuck off publically. I think I remember Paul O’Grady saying he got asked about honours and said they basically feel you out to see if you would accept them. If they just out you on the list I think there would have been plenty over the years that would have told them where to go. O’Grady did tell them where to go I think at first anyway.

I always got the impression that they never knighted him because he didn't want it, so to save face instead of risking possible rejection they just never offered it.

Kenny being knighted doesn't tarnish the man, it actually instantly gives knighthoods more credibility.

Some of the bosses I worked for were the most objectionable types. Ever. Kennys award has nothing to do with who else has got an honour or whatever. It is recognition for his and his wife Marinas charity and social work as much as it is for football. In fact I would say seeing as he finally got it at age 67 it is more about what he has done for his community and beyond rather than just football.

For perspective on how much of an "honour" this is, that vile cunt Louise Ellman - fresh back from cosying up to war criminals in Israel - has just been made a Dame.

Kenny is proud to have received it and regards it to be a huge honour. That’s all that really matters, mate.

• Upvote 1

Struggling with it personally him taking this from the establishment... He is more than covered in glory and recognition by the people and fans of Liverpool which of course he deserves more than anyone - That’s good enough in my book...but he sees it as an honour he wants and ultimately he is a man of honour, integrity and class and maybe he sees something i don't so that is enough for me.

Kenny is proud to have received it and regards it to be a huge honour. That’s all that really matters, mate.

Fair enough. Anything that makes him happy is alright by me.

Each to their own though. Some people consider it lucky when a bird shits on them. I don't.

That is how I look at it. If he and his family are OK with it, so am I.

The Queen might be making him a Knight, but the people have already annointed him King.

Head of network rail gets a knighthood too. Its a worthless piece of shit. I still love Kenny but id be happier with a car key from readers digest than that shitty pat on the head from the corrupt cunts.

The head of Network Rail got a CBE.