You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drones

Anyone flown/own them?

I want a DJI Mavic Pro, but can't justify the cost. Might get a DJI Spark.

I don't need one, but I flew the Phantom 3 at my uncles house and it was really fun, and if I had my own, I'd take it on a few hikes and cycles and get some landscape shots. I don't know what I'd do with them, mind, but I'd enjoy it.

Someone buy me a drone.

Anyone flown/own them?

I don't need one, but I flew the Phantom 3 at my uncles house and it was really fun, and if I had my own, I'd take it on a few hikes and cycles and get some landscape shots. I don't know what I'd do with them, mind, but I'd enjoy it.

Someone buy me a drone.

If I win Euromillions tonight I'll buy you one.

Unfortunately for you, I’ve just bought the winning ticket.

I’ll buy a drone and fly it over ROTOQ’s house. One of those big ones that drops bombs on terrorists and pikeys.

I'm one of the Irish that isn't a terrorist, drunk or a pikey. We're struggling to put together a 5 a side team.

Anyone flown/own them?

Someone buy me a drone.

I have a Mavic Pro, it's an exceptional bit of technology. For the money the Mavic Air or Spark are better value. The Air is a better drone (18 months newer development) and the Spark is a fraction of the cost of a Mavic Pro but you'll get 80% of the features.

Nobhead over the road has one, he's 45 and has all sorts of remote shite. He was outside a few years ago after 12 at night running a fucking jeep thingy up the road, bevy in his hand. None too pleased I offered to run him over with my van. He decided to head for bed.

Blimey. That’s a lot of money for something that’s gonna come crashing down into a field somewhere.

Blimey. That’s a lot of money for something that’s gonna come crashing down into a field somewhere.

It is. It's not a logical purchase. Im a techie and I've just wanted one for ages. I flew one for about 5 minutes the other week and within seconds my brain went "yep, I'm gettin me one of these".

It's just so much fun and looking at the world around you with a live birds eye view is very interesting.

They are fantastic when used as cameras for film and telly stuff as well as their military uses,but surely its only a matter of time before a major incident with a passenger aircraft occurs.

I'm nowhere near airports and will keep it low enough to be out of the way. But yea, idiots and malfunctions could lead to a disaster.