You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City away 10/4/18 UCL 1/4 2nd Leg

Bjornebye

You have Violet Crumble, though. Tim Tams are boss, too.

One too many Violet Crumbles in my childhood.  Tim Tams, meh.

Grass is always greener.

And you guys don't have to use a preservative that stops chocolates from melting too easily.  The purity in UK/Ireland is so much better.

Twirl here vs Twirl there, for instance, no comparison.

Anyhow, sorry, back to the game at Emptyhad....

One too many Violet Crumbles in my childhood. Tim Tams, meh.

Grass is always greener.

And you guys don't have to use a preservative that stops chocolates from melting too easily. The purity in UK/Ireland is so much better.

Twirl here vs Twirl there, for instance, no comparison.

Anyhow, sorry, back to the game at Emptyhad....

Cherry ripe is probably one of the finest mainstream chocolate bars ever produced.

• Upvote 2

The ‘greatest’ footballers to go through Bristol clubs to play for Man City and Liverpool...

Shaun Goater - Man City legend

Nicky Tanner - Liverpool joke.

At the game last weds we were in the cabbage and my mate introduced us to a fella and his lad....usual 'alright mate' and handshakes and short exchange of pleasantries followed....before we moved on.

After my mate said to us 'you know who that was don't you' to which we replied 'no, never caught his name'....

"Nicky Tanner" he said.

Honestly had no idea and it would seem neither did anyone else as for the 45 mins or so we were in there after that i never saw a single person approach him/shake his hand etc like you would see with an ex-player.

Reason my mate knew him was he got him involved in some charity game a few years ago through where he worked at the time and they have stayed in touch through that it turns out.

At the game last weds we were in the cabbage and my mate introduced us to a fella and his lad....usual 'alright mate' and handshakes and short exchange of pleasantries followed....before we moved on.

After my mate said to us 'you know who that was don't you' to which we replied 'no, never caught his name'....

"Nicky Tanner" he said.

Honestly had no idea and it would seem neither did anyone else as for the 45 mins or so we were in there after that i never saw a single person approach him/shake his hand etc like you would see with an ex-player.

Reason my mate knew him was he got him involved in some charity game a few years ago through where he worked at the time and they have stayed in touch through that it turns out.

The Nicky Tanner interview in the Simon Hughes book, Men in White Suits, is very good. Tanner comes across as a sound fella.

The Nicky Tanner interview in the Simon Hughes book, Men in White Suits, is very good. Tanner comes across as a sound fella.

I was pretty bladdered by time spoke with him last week (regardless of not knowing who he was) but seemed like a nice enough fella. He made a joke about being the oldest and smallest of us lot and his lad.

I'll seek that out, ta.

• Upvote 1

Relax guys, we've got this. We'll wake up tomorrow morning wondering why the fuck we had been working ourselves into a mess for a whole bloody week.

We beat Chelsea in the CL back in 2005 when nobody on earth gave us a hope in hell. Now another shite club that's suddenly become "big" due to oil money and dominating the league is going to come crashing down to earth after meeting us in a competition that belongs to us. 

Fuck these stinking oil clubs. 

"Nicky Tanner" he said.

He’s done loads of charity work here in Bristol, even had a Liverpool legends side come down and play on a spud field.

He’s a good bloke but there were at least a 100 better footballers his age that didn’t get his break.

Best of luck to him.

I'm a Star bar man myself. Nibble the chocolate off, then the base, then roll up the peanut inner bit. Lovely.

Now I love a star bar as much as the next man.

But the nibbling off must be very difficult? We're well out of the Twix zone here- would take a lot of guile and no small amount of luck to pull that one off.