You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a landlord

Rick Sanchez C-137

I'm not sure what your point is.  That your isolated example of your house nearly doubling in value despite the 2008 bubble burst is proof of... what?

Interesting mathematics you're using there to paint a 50% increase in value as "nearly doubling".

And by interesting, I mean completely and utterly dishonest.

And even more dishonest to edit out the bit of my post demonstrating that that increase in value only reflects the money I've put into the property to turn it from a shell into something fit for human habitation.

But I suppose the fact that something I bought in 2004 is only worth, in 2017, what I spent on it (and significantly less, when you factor in mortgage interest) would fatally damage whatever ludicrous point you are making.

Interesting mathematics you're using there to paint a 50% increase in value as "nearly doubling".

And even more dishonest to edit out the bit of my post demonstrating that that increase in value only reflects the money I've put into the property to turn it from a shell into something fit for human habitation.

But I suppose the fact that something I bought in 2004 is only worth, in 2017, what I spent on it (and significantly less, when you factor in mortgage interest) would fatally damage whatever ludicrous point you are making.

You sum up what is wrong with this country.

I bought a house and I demand it is worth more than I paid for it. Fuck off. Live in it and be grateful.

You were complaining about inflation the other day. There you go your house is worth more now.

• Upvote 1

I made a 50% allowance for your bullshit which I thought was quite generous.  

You sum up what is wrong with this country.

I bought a house and I demand it is worth more than I paid for it. Fuck off. Live in it and be grateful.

You were complaining about inflation the other day. There you go your house is worth more now.

Are you on crack? Your post bears no relation to what I am saying.

I'm not complaining, I don't particularly care what my house is hypothetically worth now. It's immaterial to me, because I live in it, and will continue to live in it for some time.

I am just rebutting the ludicrous claim that it has somehow exploded in value, which makes me a rentier parasite, or something.

• Upvote 2

I made a 50% allowance for your bullshit which I thought was quite generous.

I should make a 3,000% allowance for yours.

I especially love how I am a rentier parasite for briefly considering and rejecting the idea of buying a second property, but ROTOQ isn't despite actually owning another property that he wants to rent out.

Let's stop pretending that you are motivated by anything other than personal dislike here.

I should make a 3,000% allowance for yours.

I especially love how I am a rentier parasite for briefly considering and rejecting the idea of buying a second property, but ROTOQ isn't despite actually owning another property that he wants to rent out.

Let's stop pretending that you are motivated by anything other than personal dislike here.

I would find the sentence about someone else paying your next mortgage objectionable regardless of who wrote it. 

Are you on crack? Your post bears no relation to what I am saying.I'm not complaining, I don't particularly care what my house is hypothetically worth now. It's immaterial to me, because I live in it, and will continue to live in it for some time.I am just rebutting the ludicrous claim that it has somehow exploded in value, which makes me a rentier parasite, or something.

Everyone is either stupid or on crack according to you. Maybe you should turn this superior attitude you appear to have to some use and look inwards for a change. Might result in a better person although I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is either stupid or on crack according to you. Maybe you should turn this superior attitude you appear to have to some use and look inwards for a change. Might result in a better person although I doubt it.

You said I "sum up what is wrong with this country" then made a false accusation that I was complaining about my house not growing in value.

The problem here is very definitely not with me, but with the people outright lying about me. And believe me, if I could change that, I would. By any means necessary.

I don't know whether you are stupid, on drugs, or both. But I do know that you made a false accusation about me, and have not apologised for it.

You said I "sum up what is wrong with this country" then made a false accusation that I was complaining about my house not growing in value.The problem here is very definitely not with me, but with the people outright lying about me. And believe me, if I could change that, I would. By any means necessary.I don't know whether you are stupid, on drugs, or both. But I do know that you made a false accusation about me, and have not apologised for it.

Fuck off Sd. Give it a rest.

Christ, another SD thread. 

That said, if SD wants to buy another property and has the means to do it then he can do what the fuck he likes. If people are willing to rent a property then whats the problem? Millions of people/families have decent(ish) income but shit credit ratings and/or no capital to buy therefore they need somewhere to rent. The ideal is that by 25 people are able to buy their own property but they don't teach that in school and few have that opportunity. 

Okay, let's go back to the beginning Stronts.  Why did you want to become a landlord?  

I'm very sorry for whatever heinous shit I've pulled on this thread.

I don't want to become a landlord. QED.

That said, I don't have any issue with people who do. Which I suppose makes me an apologist for parasites rather than an actual parasite in your eyes.