You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Elite said:

I've never seen that but my gut instinct was correct. You can tell his type a mile off and he's deffo on the gear, though I'm not sure they bother testing for Peds in darts!

He comes from a shitty little village called Markham/Gwent just down the road from Newport and Blackwood area. I have 3 very good mates who live in that area and say he's a dickhead that not many like despite being one of the best darts players over the last year or two. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

He comes from a shitty little village called Markham/Gwent just down the road from Newport and Blackwood area. I have 3 very good mates who live in that area and say he's a dickhead that not many like despite being one of the best darts players over the last year or two. 

Bit annoying that's he's had the talent to compete in 2 completely different sports.

Guest Pistonbroke

Bit annoying that's he's had the talent to compete in 2 completely different sports.

Indeed, but obviously that is something he is good at and fair play to the effort he has put in to get to a high/top level, he's a cunt though. The Welsh are extremely proud of their own when it comes to sport but I hear/read loads of negative stuff about him, says it all really. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Indeed, but obviously that is something he is good at and fair play to the effort he has put in to get to a high/top level, he's a cunt though. The Welsh are extremely proud of their own when it comes to sport but I hear/read loads of negative stuff about him, says it all really. 

Van Gerwins a cunt but more in a petulant, spoilt brat way.

I can't take to Wright either, looks like he's trying way too hard to look wacky. He's a bit of a dull cunt for all his wacky haircuts and clothes.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Elite said:

Van Gerwins a cunt but more in a petulant, spoilt brat way.

I can't take to Wright either, looks like he's trying way too hard to look wacky. He's a bit of a dull cunt for all his wacky haircuts and clothes.

I don#t mind Wright, well spoken and quiet away from the hockey, he does the wacky stuff for Charities which his missus is involved in and she does all the head tatts/designs hair etc. 

14 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I don#t mind Wright, well spoken and quiet away from the hockey, he does the wacky stuff for Charities which his missus is involved in and she does all the head tatts/designs hair etc. 

Never knew that, fair enough. I thought he was just trying to make himself look interesting.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Never knew that, fair enough. I thought he was just trying to make himself look interesting.

Oh, I think he enjoys it, probably wears his girls clothes behind closed doors. 

I hate the way Price pumps his fists and pulls an angry face when he wins a leg. We could get to see a Gurning Price V Michael Van Gurning final this year. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Oh, I think he enjoys it, probably wears his girls clothes behind closed doors. 

I hate the way Price pumps his fists and pulls an angry face when he wins a leg. We could get to see a Gurning Price V Michael Van Gurning final this year. 

This games a bit shit. Wright v Price will be good tomorrow but MVG will smash Aspinall.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

This games a bit shit. Wright v Price will be good tomorrow but MVG will smash Aspinall.

If Aspinall finds his A game and MVG plays like he has been doing then I wouldn't be surprised at a shock, Aspinall is a cocky sod at times and believes he can do it, we'll see. I'd prefer Wright to win it out of all the players left, then Aspinall, then MVG although I'm not a big fan of his petulance, great player though....Price can go fuck himself and get knocked out by one punch Jarv. 

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If Aspinall finds his A game and MVG plays like he has been doing then I wouldn't be surprised at a shock, Aspinall is a cocky sod at times and believes he can do it, we'll see. I'd prefer Wright to win it out of all the players left, then Aspinall, then MVG although I'm not a big fan of his petulance, great player though....Price can go fuck himself and get knocked out by one punch Jarv. 

Darts is much better these days that when Taylor was winning everything. MVG is the top dog but he doesn't win every event.

Guest Pistonbroke

Darts is much better these days that when Taylor was winning everything. MVG is the top dog but he doesn't win every event.

Very true. MVG has been around quite a while, only 30 though, so he could go on and on. Some good youngsters coming through and a lot of overseas players getting more coverage/doing well so things will heat up over the next few years. That Rob Cross turned out to be a bit of a one hit wonder, hopefully he picks himself up again. I still pine for the John Lowe/Jockey Wilson days. 

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Very true. MVG has been around quite a while, only 30 though, so he could go on and on. Some good youngsters coming through and a lot of overseas players getting more coverage/doing well so things will heat up over the next few years. That Rob Cross turned out to be a bit of a one hit wonder, hopefully he picks himself up again. I still pine for the John Lowe/Jockey Wilson days. 

I googled him. He won the matchplay as well this year and is the world No2.

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah I heard Price say that last night but there does look to be a bit of needle. When emotions are high you'll argue with your best mate.

Yeah, I love the kids and my missus, but when the board games hit the table I have my winning head on.