Quantcast
World Darts Championship - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Golden Eel

World Darts Championship

PDC starts tonight, so I thought I'd start a thread, mainly because it makes me feel important but also as a place to discuss the games.

Can MVG bag his second title?  Hard to see past him or Anderson really. 

MVG obviously a massive favourite. Otherwise Anderson is very capable, Lewis has done it twice before and Wright is playing well. Taylor is always a possibility but I don't fancy the bellend to do very well.

MVG obviously a massive favourite. Otherwise Anderson is very capable, Lewis has done it twice before and Wright is playing well. Taylor is always a possibility but I don't fancy the bellend to do very well.

Please God no.

Guest Pistonbroke

The top players are all capable of beating each other if they play to their potential. Obviously MVG will be the favourite but he has fucked up at the World Championship on just about every occasion bar the one year he won it. Anderson is still having problems with using glasses but if he gets it sorted he'll be hard to beat and Taylor will find the pace hard going if he makes the latter stages. A lot will depend on who meets who before the QF stage, if someone knocks out MVG Peter Wright must be in with a strong chance this year, James Wade also looks to be in better form coming into this tournament. Outside bets to go further than we all think would be Michael Smith and that Sulijovic bloke. It will also be interesting to see how that young lad Chris Dobey plays, he looked very good when getting to the Grand Slam of Darts Q/F's. 

Guest Pistonbroke

A very good first round match between 11th seed Michael Smith and unseeded Ricky Evans. Smith will be relieved to get through that, just shows how vulnerable the so called better players are in the early rounds with a short format. 

Guest Pistonbroke

MVG 1.74 on Betfair, second favourite Anderson at 8's!

There is some money to be won if MVG gets knocked out.

Indeed, I was looking at the odds last night and they were ridiculously fair outside of MVG's odds which were ridiculously low. Got on Wright at 10/1 and Anderson at 7/1 (Bet 365) 

I've had a go on Anderson. I think this is the only competition that he really wants to win! If he gets to the final you can cash out and probably treble your money!

Guest Pistonbroke

I've had a go on Anderson. I think this is the only competition that he really wants to win! If he gets to the final you can cash out and probably treble your money!

Yeah, that is why lumped a bit on him and Wright. I was tempted to take 9/1 on Taylor, in fact I might do that later today. If all three got to the Q/F's I could probably cash out on two to cover my outlay and leave one running at those odds. 

Guest Pistonbroke

First mini shock of the tournament. Gerwyn "Gobshyte" Price knocked out 3-1 by fellow Welshman Johnny Clayton. Glad Price is out, don't have to look at his silly fucking six pack designed shirts. 

First mini shock of the tournament. Gerwyn "Gobshyte" Price knocked out 3-1 by fellow Welshman Johnny Clayton. Glad Price is out, don't have to look at his silly fucking six pack designed shirts.

Made up mate. Next game might be decent too.

Guest Pistonbroke

Made up mate. Next game might be decent too.

Yeah, Beaton "Peter Pan" against the SA who can play good darts at times but cracks under pressure a lot. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Beaton biffed him about a bit there, Peterson with his typical double trouble/nerves on the big stage.