You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

RP was fighting alone like Bruce Lee against whole gangs of hillaristas for weeks, kicking and punching, linking, copy pasting, thisisbigging and wikileaking and now Dennis thinks he can just waltz in wearing a clean Trump kit and lift the cup.

That made me snigger. 

I think Dennis has worked in sales. 

Hands up I didn't watch it all but they were funny . Like their tour of churches to get inspiration for their parking lot  sacred ground  

They had about half a dozen regular callers who knew the score, and then a load of kids that would ring up just say "gay" or "nigger" on the phone.

Wish it was still going.

Rp was doing a good job until Trump actually won and the hilaristas worneth him down were mockingly taking pictures of his bedraggled corpse.

Hahah, I never actually supported Trump like I've said over the course of the thread. My main focus was on the extent of corruption from Clinton and her campaign, there's no need to carry on with that now like I was doing.

I don't think you'll be as bothered either once he gets into office and the shit starts up.

Good because it says the trade deals are "dead" or good because it says they're probably not really?

I think that link is mainly good because it quotes a bloke called Arthur Dong.

How do you define race?

Type it into Google. See the definition.

Better than shrieking like hysterical women at every anti trump headline then finding out there's no basis to the claims. That's how brainwashed people are when they just parrot the media's word without thinking and even start to redefine their meaning.

1. 1.
    a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.
    "Hill started from pole position and won the race"
    synonyms: contestcompetitionMore

•  

•  

•  

2. 2.
    a strong or rapid current flowing through a narrow channel in the sea or a river.
    "angling for tuna in turbulent tidal races"

Latest bright idea from the Trump camp is a register for Muslims.

Surely even RP and Dennis can't put a positive spin on that.

Interesting idea.

http://forward.com/scribe/354487/all-jews-should-register-as-muslims-because-we-know-the-horrors-of-religiou/

The new American president-elect, Donald Trump, whose Islamophobia, misogyny, ableism, racism, and anti-Semitism have brought protesters out into the streets, has also announced a plan to “register” Muslim Americans, just as the Nazis once did the Jews. A database of the sort that Trump has proposed would enable the government to enforce discriminatory laws and to violate the civil liberties of American citizens based on their faith.

Therefore, I am putting out a call for Jewish citizens of the United States of America to commit, right now, to register as Muslim in the event that Donald Trump actually implements such a system, and to encourage other citizens, Jewish or not, to do the same.

Latest bright idea from the Trump camp is a register for Muslims.

Surely even RP and Dennis can't put a positive spin on that.

- I don't support Trump or have any interest in "spinning" the stupid shit he's going to do from here on out.

- My main focus for a lot of the thread has been on the corruption of Clinton and her campaign, not supporting Trump.

- I've supported the Green Party and Jill Stein for months on end.

This post is getting bookmarked and people will probably be getting linked to it in the future if this carries on, to save wasted time explaining again.

- I don't support Trump or have any interest in "spinning" the stupid shit he's going to do from here on out.

- My main focus for a lot of the thread has been on the corruption of Clinton and her campaign, not supporting Trump.

- I've supported the Green Party and Jill Stein for months on end.

This post is getting bookmarked and people will probably be getting linked to it in the future if this carries on, to save wasted time explaining again.

I'm fully aware that your focus has been entirely upon Clinton.

My hope was, now that Clinton wields less political power than the local dogcatcher, you might shift some of your attention onto the outright maniac who actually is going to move into the White House.

Or does Donald not appear on the approved list of political targets?

My hope was, now that Clinton wields less political power than the local dogcatcher, you might shift some of your attention onto the outright maniac who actually is going to move into the White House.

I already have done and I made that clear several pages back, when I said that I think we should be united against Trump. I also linked Bernie Sanders talking about the dangers of Trump and how we shouldn't be divided.

It's Dennis that's mainly arguing with people in the thread now (understandable given some of the hypocrisy, but I've already been there during the election and don't want to be going back into all of that), not me. And no I haven't been posting about Trump as much as I was about Clinton, but after several months of this insanity and several hundred posts, posting less in the thread seemed like a good idea now that the actual election is over.

Sorry, couldn't embed video as it's. It Youtube, but you can click the link and watch it on the Slate site. How fucked up does your idea have to be for Fox to be challenging it?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/17/trump_surrogate_advocates_a_legal_precedent_for_muslim_registry_japanese.html

Carl Higbie is a Trump surrogate. Like many before him, Higbie, a former Navy SEAL, carved out a niche for himself appearing on Fox News and CNN and others because he says outlandish, often offensive things. On Wednesday, Higbie went on Megyn Kelly’s Fox News show where he discussed the possibility of creating a registry of Muslims in America.

“You heard [New York City Mayor De Blasio’s] position. We don’t do that kind of thing. We don’t create registries based on religion,” Kelly asked kicking off the segment. “Yeah, well we have in the past. We’ve done it based on race. We’ve done it based on religion. We’ve done it based on region,” Higbie replied by way of explanation for why it is totally fine to do so. Higbie’s operating thesis is that non-Americans do not have the same rights as American citizens in the U.S. This is, generally speaking, untrue. But, more importantly, there is something particularly craven about using the darkest hours of American history as a justification for a return to those dark policies. This dangerously circular thinking goes: because it happened, it is therefore allowable in America, before spiraling out of control. (This is not the last time you will hear this brand of logic out of the Trump family tree.)

It gets worse though.

Kelly turned to Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach’s statement that Trump’s policy advisers are discussing drafting a proposal to reinstate a registry for immigrants from Muslim countries.

Higbie: Yeah, and to be perfectly honest, it is legal. They say it will hold constitutional muster. I know the ACLU is going to challenge it. But I think it will pass. We’ve done it with Iran back a while ago. We did it in World War II with Japanese. Call it what you will… maybe wrong, but…

Kelly: Come on, you're not proposing we go back to the days of internment camps, I hope.

Higbie: No, I'm not proposing that at all.

Kelly: You know better than to suggest that. That's the kind of stuff that gets people scared, Carl.

Higbie: Right, I’m just saying there is precedent for it. And I'm not saying I agree with that.

Kelly: You can't be citing Japanese internment camps as precedent for anything the president-elect is going to do.

Higbie: Look, the president needs to protect America first. If that means having people not protected under our constitution have some sort of registry to understand, until we can identify the true threat and where they are coming from, I support it.

“Carl, good to see you,” Kelly concluded.

Good to see you, Carl? Good to see you, Carl.

You see what's happening here? You see what's happening here.