You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

It's odd watching people who profess to be left leaning green supporters go through the mental gymnastics of justifying why they they would shun candidates who share far more with their ideals (magic crystals and homeopathy is a real science aside). Than a self confessed sex offender who has stated publicly that he would do things that are the polar opposite of what you believe in.

It's almost as if it's a poorly thought out facade because they know it's an unacceptable position.

It's one of the reasons I love this place so much.

It's one of the reasons I love this place so much.

Like conspiracies, trying to tie them down to a single issue is impossible, it's better to graze the surface of multiple issues and claim there are questions to be answered from a position of ignorance, or willfull denial, than it is to actually delve into it.

We're in a situation where people who voluntarily make information on there dealings public and have those dealings discussed at length in the mainstream media are being criticised for a lack of transparency by a candidate who has refused to give up any information barring a stage managed disclosure document and actively uses the courts to prevent information from being released.

The reason, for example, that more was said about Trumps returns than Clintons is because she made them public, anything newsworthy is discussed, but has a finite shelf life, anything not is ignored.

Don't release them and you can string out months of segments on speculation here say and conjecture.

Interesting read, if a bit conspiratorial. Mentions Trump and Clinton among others so I'll stick it in here.

http://www.anonews.co/george-soros/

I read these things and am annoyed with myself as they're always so pitiful and paranoid and embarrassing and, most of all, complete nonsense

I should know, I don't pay my Illuminati fees for nothing

mattyq, on 18 Nov 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

I read these things and am annoyed with myself as they're always so pitiful and paranoid and embarrassing and, most of all, complete nonsense

I should know, I don't pay my Illuminati fees for nothing

I don't find them embarrassing. I find them interesting, in the same way I find Unicorn's interesting. You would wish they existed, and people try to convince you with endless drawings of them and putting them in films etc. But ultimately they are just fucking nonsense, but interesting. I'm interested. what?

Guest Pistonbroke

Michael Flynn offered the job of National Security adviser.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/17/david-petraeus-secretary-of-state-donald-trump

Here's a picture of him.

46bc05a63e31616eaedc9b81da7f64a7.jpg

He's sitting with Putin. Incidentally, the woman with her back to camera is Jill Stein.

DUH DUH DUUUUUUHHHHH

Is it a funeral wake that Jill Stein gate crashed thinking it was a normal do? 

Listening to the New Statesman podcast and I think that the centre-left might be finished. You're not going to get good solutions if you can't diagnose the problem properly. 

It is no good for a black person to say "Your job is not worth my life" with a tone of blame to the person who needs to feed his family. You may well be right but I reckon you've got more chance of living if you give the fucker a job (especially when the figures suggest that even the hope that you give a shit about his job means he'll vote for your guy).

I don't find them embarrassing. I find them interesting, in the same way I find Unicorn's interesting. You would wish they existed, and people try to convince you with endless drawings of them and putting them in films etc. But ultimately they are just fucking nonsense, but interesting. I'm interested. what?

Wasn't having a go at you, mate

Just found it very difficult to wank too

• Upvote 1

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has released a statement following president-elect Donald Trump’s nomination of Alabama senator Jeff Sessions for the position of attorney general and Kansas congressman Mike Pompeo to serve as director of the CIA.

“As a matter of organizational policy, the American Civil Liberties Union does not take a position supporting or opposing presidential or judicial nominations,” said ACLU executive director Anthony Romero. “We do, however, educate the American people and the Congress about nominees’ records and past positions. Sen. Sessions has called the ACLU un-American and communist, assertions we flatly reject. His positions on LGBT rights, capital punishment, abortion rights, and presidential authority in times of war have been contested by the ACLU and other civil rights organizations. As the nation’s highest-ranking law enforcement official, the attorney general is charged with protecting the rights of all Americans. In his confirmation hearings, senators, the media, and the American public should closely examine his stances on these key issues to ensure we can have confidence in his ability to uphold the Constitution and our laws on behalf of all Americans.”

Romero was more aggressive in his condemnation of Pompeo’s nomination.

“Congressman Pompeo’s positions on bulk surveillance and Guantanamo Bay also raise serious civil liberties concerns about privacy and due process,” Romero said. “These positions and others merit serious public scrutiny through a confirmation process. His positions on mass surveillance have been rejected by federal courts and have been the subject of several lawsuits filed by the ACLU, including ACLU v. Clapper.”

Can't help but feel that playing the game on the right seems to be a lot easier. 

If you win you get to put your opponents in camps, shoot them, oppress them; that type of shit.

If you lose you get given stuff like free heathcare, proper education, less inequality and a world in which you can still say all your retarded shit but that people frown at you for it. 

• Upvote 1