You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

It's because you're a moron. People tell you he can play in midfield and Klopp also said he could play in a midfield two or three but you keep ignoring it. You're incredibly tedious.

The article you posted, refers to him as an attacking midfielder.

Please focus on the topic, and refrain from personal insults. Didn't you claim the other day that "people here attack me all the time, I just retaliate, woe is me..."

As per my earlier post, feel free to put me on your ignore list.

The article you posted, refers to him as an attacking midfielder.

Please focus on the topic, and refrain from personal insults. Didn't you claim the other day that "people here attack me all the time, I just retaliate, woe is me..."

As per my earlier post, feel free to put me on your ignore list.

In the manager’s favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, the Reds boss says the Dutchman would be equally influential as one of the three attackers behind the frontman or as one of his two more defensively minded midfielders.

“For sure he can play in one of those advanced roles or deeper in a two,” Klopp added.

“He can also play either side in a 4-3-3. He can play in five or six different positions. That’s one of the things I really like about him.

You're honestly the worst.

Stop posting? What a strange post. Feel free to block me if you don't want to read my posts.Edit: even the article referred to him as an attacking midfielder.

The only thing strange about it is that it came from him, this site just seems to be nothing but you two arguing

• Upvote 2

In the manager’s favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, the Reds boss says the Dutchman would be equally influential as one of the three attackers behind the frontman or as one of his two more defensively minded midfielders.

“For sure he can play in one of those advanced roles or deeper in a two,” Klopp added.

“He can also play either side in a 4-3-3. He can play in five or six different positions. That’s one of the things I really like about him.

You're honestly the worst.

He played three games in CM last season. He's an attacking midfielder. You don't mind transfermarkt no? Check out his profile there..

Kevin Stewart played more games there for us last season.

The only thing strange about it is that it came from him, this site just seems to be nothing but you two arguing

He just seems to jump at every single one of my posts for some reason, and then asks me to stop posting bizarrely.

It's not my fault. I simply can't stand his idiocy. I just don't have the will to stop responding to his absolute bullshit. That being said, there are times where it all gets a little much.

• Downvote 2

It's not my fault. I simply can't stand his idiocy. I just don't have the will to stop responding to his absolute bullshit.

It's quite easy to put me on ignore. I understand it wouldn't have been easy to be proven wrong time and again... Gundogan isn't a playmaker, Pogba is a trequartista. Jesus Christ.

It's quite easy to put me on ignore. I understand it wouldn't have been easy to be proven wrong time and again... Gundogan isn't a playmaker, Pogba is a trequartista. Jesus Christ.

You're actually going to talk shit when you're litterally trying to argue that a player who's played and excelled in central midfield can't play in central midfield. Unreal.

You're actually going to talk shit when you're litterally trying to argue that a player who's played and excelled in central midfield can't play in central midfield. Unreal.

I said I wasn't convinced that he's the right signing for us to solve our midfield problems, given that he's an attacking midfielder first and foremost.. And we already have plenty of those. He played in a midfield three for PSV from the link that you posted earlier, but that means one of Coutinho, Firmino, or Mane would be benched (two ~£30m players and our second best player). Has he even played in a midfield two before? Not from the link that you sent earlier, and certainly not for Newcastle. It's nothing too difficult to comprehend if you're not frothing in the mouth. I'm okay with people disagreeing with my view by the way.

I said I wasn't convinced that he's the right signing for us to solve our midfield problems, given that he's an attacking midfielder first and foremost.. And we already have plenty of those. He's played in a midfield three for PSV from the link that you posted earlier, but that means one of Coutinho, Firmino, or Mane would be benched (two ~£30m players and our second best player). Has he even played in a midfield two before? Not from the link that you sent earlier, and certainly not for Newcastle. It's nothing too difficult to comprehend if you're not frothing in the mouth. I'm okay with people disagreeing with my view by the way.

You were repeatedly told he played in midfield both at PSV in a midfield three and for Holland in a midfield two and you kept posting he'd barely played there for Newcastle, which is completely irrelevant given that club are A)run by morons and B)needed goals so they played him further forward.

Not only that, I gave you direct quotes from Klopp where he says he could play both in a midfield two and three. You just chose to ignore them.

I said I wasn't convinced that he's the right signing for us to solve our midfield problems, given that he's an attacking midfielder first and foremost.. And we already have plenty of those. He's played in a midfield three for PSV from the link that you posted earlier, but that means one of Coutinho, Firmino, or Mane would be benched (two ~£30m players and our second best player). Has he even played in a midfield two before? Not from the link that you sent earlier, and certainly not for Newcastle. It's nothing too difficult to comprehend if you're not frothing in the mouth. I'm okay with people disagreeing with my view by the way.

He actually did play in a 2 for Newcastle, Rafa played him there at the end of the season.I saw the game, he was poor and was taken off in the second half.

I agree with you that he's not what we need in that position, he and Can will get overrun in midfield against decent opposition.I do think he'll do a decent job in a 3 man midfield or maybe even further forward, we should have signed someone who can control a game for the cm position though.

• Downvote 3

He actually did play in a 2 for Newcastle, Rafa played him there at the end of the season.I saw the game, he was poor and was taken off in the second half.

Rafa didn't play him in CM. He played there a few times earlier on in the season though.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/georginio-wijnaldum/leistungsdaten/spieler/49499/plus/0?saison=2015

You were repeatedly told he played in midfield both at PSV in a midfield three and for Holland in a midfield two and you kept posting he'd barely played there for Newcastle, which is completely irrelevant given that club are A)run by morons and B)needed goals so they played him further forward.

Not only that, I gave you direct quotes from Klopp where he says he could play both in a midfield two and three. You just chose to ignore them.

I didn't realise that I had to agree with Klopp on everything. May as well close the forum. Rafa is a great manager, and he barely played him in midfield. I just checked whoscored, Rafa tried him twice in CM in his first few games then he pretty much gave up. The Netherlands normally play with a three man midfield if I'm not mistaken, the game against England he certainly played in a three man midfield. I'd hate to repeat myself, but say we are to accommodate him in midfield and play 4-3-3... Who do you drop out of Firmino, Mane and Coutinho for him? If he's bought to play in a two man midfield, then I'm not convinced that he's the right purchase.

Rafa didn't play him in CM. He played there a few times earlier on in the season though.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/georginio-wijnaldum/leistungsdaten/spieler/49499/plus/0?saison=2015

Interesting to see that he mostly played AM for PSV too in their final season.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/georginio-wijnaldum/leistungsdaten/spieler/49499/plus/0?saison=2014