You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I don’t mind saying it.  Anti-Semitism is a fucking myth.  Saying Jewish people experience anti-Semitism every day is fucking laughable.  It’s a fucking religion.  You can be any race and be jewish.  Nobody has a fucking clue who is Jewish and who isn’t on the face of it.  Jewish people aren’t missing out on jobs because of their religion, they aren’t being attacked on public transport or in the street for their religion, they aren’t being under represented in parliament either.  Most people don’t give a shite about any religion.  The only one people have issues with generally is Islam and that’s because extremist parts of the world following it are terrorising western society.

Some people say some nasty things about Israel the country and shit its government are pulling.  I’m sorry but so fucking what.  It doesn’t effect your day to day life if you’re jewish and it’s highly questionable whether criticising it any way is anti-Semitic anyway.  If you don’t want to hear conspiracy theories on Israel trying to influence foreign governments then take issue with Israel trying to influence foreign governments then.

The whole thing is a smear campaign organised to run down the ecomically left wing leadership of the Labour Party.  It’s going to run and run until the leadership is overthrown.  

You really are embarrassingly clueless.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

A simple yes would have sufficed.

It would have sufficed if you wanted to ignore other details. 

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I don’t mind saying it.  Anti-Semitism is a fucking myth.  Saying Jewish people experience anti-Semitism every day is fucking laughable.  It’s a fucking religion.  You can be any race and be jewish.  Nobody has a fucking clue who is Jewish and who isn’t on the face of it.  Jewish people aren’t missing out on jobs because of their religion, they aren’t being attacked on public transport or in the street for their religion, they aren’t being under represented in parliament either.  Most people don’t give a shite about any religion.  The only one people have issues with generally is Islam and that’s because extremist parts of the world following it are terrorising western society.

That is, I'm afraid, absolutely fucking ridiculous and overwhelmingly ignorant. 

11 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Some people say some nasty things about Israel the country and shit its government are pulling.  I’m sorry but so fucking what.  It doesn’t effect your day to day life if you’re jewish and it’s highly questionable whether criticising it any way is anti-Semitic anyway.  If you don’t want to hear conspiracy theories on Israel trying to influence foreign governments then take issue with Israel trying to influence foreign governments then.

The whole thing is a smear campaign organised to run down the ecomically left wing leadership of the Labour Party.  It’s going to run and run until the leadership is overthrown.  

Oh dear.  

3 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

It would have sufficed if you wanted to ignore other details. 

That is, I'm afraid, absolutely fucking ridiculous and overwhelmingly ignorant. 

Honestly numero I’m not being a cunt here.  Educate me on it.  What am I saying that’s incorrect?

9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Honestly numero I’m not being a cunt here.  Educate me on it.  What am I saying that’s incorrect?

Fair enough, mate. I'll try to do it as concisely as possible. If you require sources for any of this, let me know. Antisemitism isn't a myth, it has driven the worst crime in human history (the Holocaust) which people still deny happened because they hate Jews. There are lots of antisemitic slurs and tropes that are thrown at those who are of Jewish heritage (hint, you don't get a 'big Jew nose' from converting to a religion). Being Jewish isn't only about religion; there is an ethnoreligious group of people that have been known about for millennia, originating in the Middle East. Semites are ethnic, racial, cultural group of people from that same region who spoke Semitic languages. antisemitism has come to mean hatred of Jews because they're Jews. There are people in this world who would exterminate all Jews based on that ethnoreligious grouping, regardless of whether or not they are religious. Not many people, and nobody that has the power to actually do it, but they exist. The hatred they spread, and that they aim at Jews, are antisemites.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, The Guest said:

There are loads of far right people who hate jews. 5 from 6 people prosecuted from threatening Luciana Berger were from the right for example. Why she used it to blame Labour, I don’t know... but anti-semitism exists unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Fair enough, mate. I'll try to do it as concisely as possible. If you require sources for any of this, let me know. Antisemitism isn't a myth, it has driven the worst crime in human history (the Holocaust) which people still deny happened because they hate Jews. There are lots of antisemitic slurs and tropes that are thrown at those who are of Jewish heritage (hint, you don't get a 'big Jew nose' from converting to a religion). Being Jewish isn't only about religion; there is an ethnoreligious group of people that have been known about for millennia, originating in the Middle East. Semites are ethnic, racial, cultural group of people from that same region who spoke Semitic languages. antisemitism has come to mean hatred of Jews because they're Jews. There are people in this world who would exterminate all Jews based on that ethnoreligious grouping, regardless of whether or not they are religious. Not many people, and nobody that has the power to actually do it, but they exist. The hatred they spread, and that they aim at Jews, are antisemites.

But apart from the Holocaust, what have you got?

23 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Even by the standards of this thread, that's a completely shit post.

The prevalence of anti-Semitism among supporters of the left-wing of the Labour Party and among opponents of Israeli Apartheid has, obviously, been greatly exaggerated by people who hold opposing views.  That in no way means that real anti-Semitism isn't a problem in the wider society. 

Every sincere left-winger understandsthat they have a duty to fight anti-Semitism; and you can't do that if you're too dense to acknowledge its existence. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

Fair enough, mate. I'll try to do it as concisely as possible. If you require sources for any of this, let me know. Antisemitism isn't a myth, it has driven the worst crime in human history (the Holocaust) which people still deny happened because they hate Jews. There are lots of antisemitic slurs and tropes that are thrown at those who are of Jewish heritage (hint, you don't get a 'big Jew nose' from converting to a religion). Being Jewish isn't only about religion; there is an ethnoreligious group of people that have been known about for millennia, originating in the Middle East. Semites are ethnic, racial, cultural group of people from that same region who spoke Semitic languages. antisemitism has come to mean hatred of Jews because they're Jews. 

When I say it’s a myth I didn’t mean it doesn’t exist.  Bad on my part I guess. I thought the rest of the post explained what I meant by that sentence.  There are people that obviously hate Jews because there are people that hate every single other type of people that exist.  I’m saying that anti-Semitism in the way it’s being reported in this day and age is a myth.

People coming out with jewish conspiracy theories or calling someone a Jew because they’ve got a big nose is obviously anti-Semitic but how is this effecting people’s day to day lives.  Every single race and religion has these things.  The difference with “anti-Semitism” is that it’s been blown up to be this massive thing when it isn’t at all.  As I said in my original post walking down the street you wouldn’t know if somebody was jewish, coming into a job interview you wouldn’t know etc so if even if somebody was anti-Semitic they wouldn’t be able to prejudice that person anyway.  It’s an absolute joke that it’s becoming such an issue considering the actual racism non-white people receive (which can obviously include jewish people).

Just off the top of my head you have Hasidic Jews who are clearly recognisable as Jewish. I saw plenty of them last year when I was around Finsbury Park.

And I’ve read contemporary accounts of people being discriminated against for having ‘Jewish’ surnames such as Cohen or Goldberg for example.

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just off the top of my head you have Hasidic Jews who are clearly recognisable as Jewish. I saw plenty of them last year when I was around Finsbury Park.

And I’ve read contemporary accounts of people being discriminated against for having ‘Jewish’ surnames such as Cohen or Goldberg for example.

How do you know you weren’t just being prejudice against a gang of fellas who grew their beards and wore a hat assuming they were Jewish?

What do these contemporary accounts amount to and were they in the UK?  Did some fella called Cohen get called a tight cunt by a bus driver when he seen his bus pass?  It’s a load of fucking nonsense.  People here just do not give a shite about people being Jewish.  The majority of far right nut jobs don’t even care any more because Israel are killing loads of Muslims and have a far right government in charge.  The headcases going after Berger will have been doing it because she was Pro-EU and being thick cunts go to the lowest thing they can come up with when deciding to dish out some abuse 

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Other people?  Pah.  A Red looks after A Red. 

As opposed to what you do? If something will affect my life dramatically in a bad way, i will probably not vote for it. I know nothing of your circumstances but i'm pretty sure you would be the same.

As for helping people, I'm guessing but i'm probably not far behind you in the time and money I give.

52 minutes ago, The Guest said:

How do you know you weren’t just being prejudice against a gang of fellas who grew their beards and wore a hat assuming they were Jewish?

What do these contemporary accounts amount to and were they in the UK?  Did some fella called Cohen get called a tight cunt by a bus driver when he seen his bus pass?  It’s a load of fucking nonsense.  People here just do not give a shite about people being Jewish.  The majority of far right nut jobs don’t even care any more because Israel are killing loads of Muslims and have a far right government in charge.  The headcases going after Berger will have been doing it because she was Pro-EU and being thick cunts go to the lowest thing they can come up with when deciding to dish out some abuse 

Give someone enough rope...

9 minutes ago, Boss said:

Corbyn's supporters are the ones doing it. Almost exclusively. 

What? Driving a mostly fake (I know anti-Semitism does exist too) crisis with the help of the Israeli lobbies, Zionist Jewish groups, and the mainstream media? Ok.

The Guest was partly right, most of it is bullshit. This is what will partly drive real anti-Semitism too, people getting sick of shit like this smear campaign and the level of influence Zionist groups have.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

What? Driving a mostly fake (I know anti-Semitism does exist too) crisis with the help of the Israeli lobbies, Zionist Jewish groups, and the mainstream media? Ok.

The Guest was partly right, most of it is bullshit.

Yeah, nobody is saying that Israel's Hasbara (propaganda) doesn't exist - it does and it's pretty nefarious. That has nothing to do with whether antisemitism exists, which I'm glad the Guest has 'clarified'. You can absolutely be against the horrible shit they get up to, because you consider it horrible, without having an issue with Jews. I couldn't give one fuck if somebody is a Jew or not, I care that they're not cunts. Just like everybody else.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

Yeah, nobody is saying that Israel's Hasbara (propaganda) doesn't exist - it does and it's pretty nefarious. That has nothing to do with whether antisemitism exists, which I'm glad the Guest has 'clarified'. You can absolutely be against the horrible shit they get up to, because you consider it horrible, without having an issue with Jews. I couldn't give one fuck if somebody is a Jew or not, I care that they're not cunts. Just like everybody else.

Agreed. The whole thing sucks and hopefully if it gets called out enough soon it'll be better for all parties in the long run.