You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

6 minutes ago, moof said:

Don’t know about solved but the fight has to be against capitalism, against the elite establishment, against corporate media, against political corruption - emphasising the working people, emphasising the wasted potential in this country, emphasising the NHS, the amazing policies labour are coming out with on a near weekly basis, emphasising the impact of climate change and being honest about how to address that. And above all, inspire a mass movement of people in order to carry this message of change, because nothing gets done without that movement. 

it might not work, but we’re at a fork in the road with this neoliberal experiment. We can carry on doing what we’ve been doing for the past 50 years and watch society fall into oblivion or we can try and force impactful change to the entire structures of power. 

I’m optimistic that we can build a better future 

The only way any of that happens is if the elite are in fear of the masses. Sadly, and as I said in the Working Class thread, just aint going to happen.  

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

The only way any of that happens is if the elite are in fear of the masses. Sadly, and as I said in the Working Class thread, just aint going to happen.  

They definitely are in fear of the masses. Which is why they are desperate for Corbyn’s labour to fail and regress to a milquetoast centrist liberal party

39 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm talking about examples of antisemitism in Labour. New cases every day.

The thing about Swinson's husband is just risible.

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok we were talking about Corbyn. But ok. So the 3 new cases this week since Monday - go. 

Didn't think so. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

All fair comment. 

But the main crux of my point is that it seems Corbyn is a figure that is not drawing the party support together. It seems to me (from the outside looking in) that Labour has virtually no chance of success in a GE under him.  So why persist?  It seems some people support Corbyn above Labour almost?  Would it not be best served to have a leader people can't accuse of being an anti-Semite or racist (as preposterous as that sounds when levelled at Corbyn) and have one that generally people who hate the Tories can get behind?

You yourself state it is preposterous to accuse Corbyn of being an anti-Semite or racist, yet they have accused him for 4 years. 

There is the problem for me, any Labour leader who doesn't fall in line will just get lies thrown at them. No left leader will ever be allowed to be acceptable.

I would rather point out, judge me by my enemies, not my friends. If the Sun and Mail are having a go, you must be doing something right. 

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I would rather point out, judge me by my enemies, not my friends. If the Sun and Mail are having a go, you must be doing something right. 

All well and good, but the Sun is the most popular paper in Britain. That’s a massive part of the problem. If they don’t want you to be liked, you won’t be liked. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok we were talking about Corbyn. But ok. So the 3 new cases this week since Monday - go. 

- Michael Morgan (JVL member)

- Apsana Begum (Labour candidate in Poplar & Limehouse)

- Matthew Collings (Labour candidate in SW Norfolk, now suspended)

- Gerry Beckett (Labour member in Liverpool Riverside)

You asked for 3, ok, I cheated by giving you 4, I could find more, but I have other things to do with my life than to do your research for you.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

- Michael Morgan (JVL member)

- Apsana Begum (Labour candidate in Poplar & Limehouse)

- Matthew Collings (Labour candidate in SW Norfolk, now suspended)

- Gerry Beckett (Labour member in Liverpool Riverside)

You asked for 3, ok, I cheated by giving you 4, I could find more, but I have other things to do with my life than to do your research for you.

This is a pisstake right? 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You haven't delivered. You said "literally everyday". Show me the sources that these have happened or only come to light in the last 3 days. 

Good grief, are you incapable of reading dates on articles and tweets?

Has anybody suggested there is no anti-Semitism at all in the Labour party ?

If complaints have been made against these people, are you suggesting that investigations have deliberately not / will deliberately not be launched in respect of these ? Is Corbyn in cahoots with them ?

I , and most normal Labour supporters on here , would support getting rid of people proven to have views such as these, which seems to be the difference between us & you who appears to be happy to disappear up your own arsehole to twist facts if people of your party or religion are called into question. 

• Upvote 1

And of course, if you went scouring the Facebook pages of members of other parties, you definitely wouldn't find similar stuff. It really is the weakest fucking shit to throw at a leadership. It'd only be a valid criticism if fuck all was being done about it, a la the Tories with their Islamophobia problem.

9 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Nope.  I'm just giving an example of usual Labour voters who aren't voting Labour because of the leader and asking is it worth considering changing the leader to give Labour the best possible chance of a win?

I see that cunt Rachel Riley is really pushing the "a vote for Corbyn is a vote for racism" line and the sad thing is loads of people who may have voted for Labour now won't because of that also. 

This election is the biggest in a lifetime considering what could happen if Johnson wins - so I'm asking is it worth it to keep someone who seems to have virtually no chance of winning out of some loyalty or whatever, or if it would be better to change now and give Labour a better chance?

So who are they voting for then?

I presume it's the green party or maybe snp because you could easily spin the line about not voting for a party because of its leader about any of the other parties?

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Out of interest, would you be happy for him to stay beyond this election if he doesn’t win. A mate of mine said he would, so wondered if it was a widespread thought. 

I'm a Corbyn fan and think he could pull something dramatic off in the upcoming election. Just could. Not will. 

But, if he doesn't, particularly if we get a Tory majority government, I think he can't stay on as leader. However, I definitely want the party to stick closely to the direction it's followed up until now. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't understand what more you want.

You do you just won’t because you know you are full of shit just like the lies and slander so often found in the Jewish Chronicle. 

Im all for ridding the Labour Party of any anti-semites but you are not being genuine in proving you aren’t a liar here SD. Again.