You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

You can even call it before he shoots, if it's closer and at an angle it's straight at the wall and if it's more central and further out its flies over. It's because when the 1 in 75 or whatever it was before he scored last does fly in the top corner and looks amazing the commentators go crazy for it, he's a myth of finisher, I know I'm going to sound crazy because of the 4000 goals he's scored but he doesn't finish like a Fowler, Owen or Messi where the are composed and put the ball in the net whatever way is easiest it's like time slows down for them and they can see whether to hit it hard, pass it into the net or chip the keeper whereas Ronaldo literally just hits the ball as hard as he can as many times a game as possible and quite a few of them in every game goes in. There was a moment yesterday where he could have rolled the ball out wide and then run into the box for a tap in if it got rolled back, instead he blasted the ball there were 3 defenders in his way and he still tried it obviously the defender blocked it. I might let my hatred of him get the better of me and squire my judgement on him.

He scores lots of goals because he has a very good shot on him from open play, with either foot, and he's easily the most complete athlete of a forward to ever play the game.

There is very little class or guile about what he does. His technique isn't very natural (and fair play to him for becoming such a good player technically through hard work) and he simply doesn't have the genius football brain of most of the other top 20/30/whatever attacking players of all time.

He scores lots of goals because he has a very good shot on him from open play, with either foot, and he's easily the most complete athlete of a forward to ever play the game.

There is very little class or guile about what he does. His technique isn't very natural (and fair play to him for becoming such a good player technically through hard work) and he simply doesn't have the genius football brain of most of the other top 20/30/whatever attacking players of all time.

That's what I'm saying he has a good shot either foot but like you said he hasn't the guile that Messi or Henry has. That's what he is though an athlete, obviously he has natural ability but he's succeeded through mental toughness and hard work. He must be one of the most hated football players in the world though unless you support Man Utd or Real Madrid who both idolise him, Utd fans more so I'd say, everybody else I know hate him even my Mrs who doesn't like football can't even stand to look at him.

It seems odd how a guy who gives massive amounts to charity & an immediate £5m to last years disaster in Asia is the 'most hated player on the planet' while Saint Lionel spends most of his time avoiding taxes & jail time.

Ronaldo is a fantastic player & I wish everyone who ever signs to play for LFC puts as much effort into becoming the best player they can possibly be .

• Downvote 1

It seems odd how a guy who gives massive amounts to charity & an immediate £5m to last years disaster in Asia is the 'most hated player on the planet' while Saint Lionel spends most of his time avoiding taxes & jail time.

As pointed out in the thread where this was posted a few weeks ago, this isn't actually true.

Not that it matters but you can guarantee that Ronaldo is using 'legal' ways to not pay tax and his donations are likely right offs. But then the right people are getting money

He makes himself unlikeable

Ronaldo is a fantastic player & I wish everyone who ever signs to play for LFC puts as much effort into becoming the best player they can possibly be .

He clearly isn't lazy because it's obvious that there is a strong drive to improve himself and set new standards. He pushes himself in training harder than most players and this has been stated by countless players and coaches. He probably spends more time involved with charitable causes than is publicised. Messi has also been described like Ronaldo in all the above respects. Messi's tax case notwithstanding, the reason he garners more sympathy and is looked at more favourably than Ronaldo is that he steers clear of the rampant narcissism that the Portuguese player has chosen to immerse himself in. Messi has an ego no doubt (all top sportspeople do) but he carries himself in different manner to Ronaldo. Also, while he works hard to improve himself, it is set within the context of improving his team and his teammates too whereas Ronaldo looks for more personal glory.

Apologies if the £5m thing was untrue.

The 1.5m golden boot sale going to children in Gaza , winning a libel case against our friends at The Sun & giving the payout to charity & giving his 600k CL winning bonus to charity are though as far as I can see.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a massive fan of his by any means & his narcissism can take the breath away at times, but I just don't get this ' He's a complete c***  & just an athlete ', even if he played /plays for United & Real.. 

It seems odd how a guy who gives massive amounts to charity & an immediate £5m to last years disaster in Asia is the 'most hated player on the planet' while Saint Lionel spends most of his time avoiding taxes & jail time.

It's not odd he's a twat. Even Jimmy Saville done loads for charity it's not exactly a glowing reference just because you give loads to charity. He's an arrogant petulant egotistical prick, that's what got him to where he is but it's also the reason most hate him.

• Upvote 2