You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) Fa cup replay

Grinch

Benteke's all round play was marginally better than the disgraceful piss take "performances" he's previously put in. He even went up for headers occasionally and passed the ball to his team mates. Sadly, when you're a striker, part of the remit is not missing half a dozen guilt edged chances.

We played fairly well. The young lads played much better football than we've seen from some of our established first teamers.

Id be inclined to keep Smith,Texeira and Stewart in the starting 11 going forward.

Thought Ilori did well and Lucas also. People will go bananas about him giving away the free kick. But its another game where we conceded from a set piece and failed to put enough chances away.

I'm at the point where id simply say the set piece defending has to get better and our chance creation and finishing has to get better. Players will give away frees and opposition teams will be tough to break down. It cant always be an excuse for why we lost.

Its funny as logically there are some positives to take away. But at the end of the day were out of the FA Cup in an all too predictable manner. I cant help but question everybody involved including the manager about how shit the results have been.

The only reason Benteke got those chances was because Origi and Sturridge did well. His confidence is just gone - either sit him all the time or play him all the time and hope something goes right some time. He's just done right now.

Would love to see Origi and Sturridge out there together, they might work well as a partnership.

Lucas was excellent tonight and Ilori reads the game very well, but needs to bulk up a bit.

Them cheating cockney bastards were throwing themselves on the floor all night, and that free kick at the end was a disgrace.

If we had played A proper striker up front instead of that useless lump we would have won.

Proud of the young lads tonight.

I can't hate Benteke I actually feel sorry for him, also i know this will go against the grain his all round game was much better tonight despite the glaring misses.

sturridge makes people around him play better but hard to forgive him for missing so many chances.

Guest Pistonbroke

The midfield's been bypassed all night with Chiverella being particularly invisible.  Hardly a game to come out with this.

Such a wank game of football.  A big Sam wet dream where the midfield doesn't exist.  We've the better forwards now but they're more adapt at alehouse.  Anyone's game.

We've no midfield and going toe to toe with them.  The problem with this is they're the only team with players that can score.  They're one up and not even out of first gear.  Yea, we should have scored but they've also hit the wood work twice.

Can't say I'm too bothered, line up showed Klopp didn't give a fuck about this game.

Proud of being knocked out by West Ham after scraping through against Exeter.  Is that you Roy?

Fuck it, we've asked to be knocked out four times now with the line ups, and finally got our wish.  Don't understand it when the league's meaningless but there you have it we now have the league cup final and the Europa left of our season.

Still should have won this game if Benteke wasn't such a useless cunt but nothing we didn't know already

Doesn't answer the question

A selection for you above. 

I'm getting immune to this now. It's the same all over again. Every week. Can't put chances away and fairly poor defending at the other end.

That's by no means a damning criticism of tonight's performance. More a recognition of the fact that we really need to address these two ongoing issues quickly. They're becoming critical points now.

It's a soft free kick. Both the awarding of it and the giving to the ref the opportunity to give it. That aside, Lucas was great tonight. Illori too. Good performances from Smith, Stewart and Chivirella too.

Also great to see Sturridge and Coutinho getting game time. The prospect of Sturridge, Firmino and Coutinho linking up with each other soon makes one supremely optimistic that we'll start scoring a lot more.

On the subject of goals, that's what cost us tonight. We should've had about 4 or 5 there. While he did well to get into positions, you've got to look at Benteke again tonight.

A great effort though. But just so frustrating that the same things are biting us all the time.

• Upvote 1

Lots of guys who barely play manned it out for 120'. I preer focusing on the future than the shite that shit it against Sunderland. So proud, yeah, I am. being a poor footballer doesn't make a man shite - not trying his best when he's knackered and spent is a fucking disgrace. Or it was until Rodgers go here.

Fuck it, I'm not responding to a bitter blue/ manc trollfest anymore. These kids played like men and went out fighting.

Totally agree! I usually looking at positives instead of askungen for players heads and calling names. So, a few thinks. Firstly it was never a fre-kick. What should Lucas do in that position? Standing a meter away? Lucas was immense and might be a long lasting solution at cb as I see it.

Another player that could save us money is Stewart. He has shown how a central sitting central midfielder should be playing. Let him play in the starting 11 instead of the underperforming others.

For you who criticise the team selektion, I don't think the so called first team would have done better tonight.

I'm not sure we would have gotten a better result tonight with Sakho, Lovren, Henderson and Allen playing, which says a lot about what they offer.

For all the disappointments, Klopp will have given a lot of young players some vital experience over the course of the season. We should look at bringing in three/four world world class players into the spine of the team, get rid of the mediocrities and keep giving youth a chance.

Lucas was excellent tonight and Ilori reads the game very well, but needs to bulk up a bit.

Them cheating cockney bastards were throwing themselves on the floor all night, and that free kick at the end was a disgrace.

If we had played A proper striker up front instead of that useless lump we would have won.

Proud of the young lads tonight.

Agree. Look at Ilori how he shouted and organized the defence at Times. Never seen much of that from first teamets. ..

Totally agree! I usually looking at positives instead of askungen for players heads and calling names. So, a few thinks. Firstly it was never a fre-kick. What should Lucas do in that position? Standing a meter away? Lucas was immense and might be a long lasting solution at cb as I see it.

Another player that could save us money is Stewart. He has shown how a central sitting central midfielder should be playing. Let him play in the starting 11 instead of the underperforming others.

For you who criticise the team selektion, I don't think the so called first team would have done better tonight.

I think Stewart looks well capable of playing as our DM. He obviously needs more experience to see how good of a fit he'd be long term. But id be giving him as much game time as possible of what's left of the season.

• Upvote 2

I think Stewart looks well capable of playing as our DM. He obviously needs more experience to see how good of a fit he'd be long term. But id be giving him as much game time as possible of what's left of the season.

I agree with this. I think he has been quality the last 3 games he's played

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk