You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester

Bjornebye

There is no point regurgitating this.  It's gone.  It feels like a different time, and after Rodger's subsequent season and a bit it feels slightly dirty, like an otherwise respectable married man going on a drugs and prostitute-fuelled weekend binge before getting the kids car seats out of the boot and refitting them in the back seat before throwing all the clothes he's standing up in straight into the washing machine then washing his cock with swarfega.  

I feel a lot better after typing that.

I never thought it until we won at Norwich.

I believed we would then.

I guess I'm more cynical then.

I'm not even sure we'd have pulled it off had we avoided defeat to Chelsea.

We were on an amazing run, and those runs tend to stop at some point.

The ten Select Group Premier League referees who have been so biased in favour of Leicester City this season have also been targeting the Foxes four primary pre-season title competitors - Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United.

The Select Group 10 are Mark Clattenburg, Jonathan Moss, Martin Atkinson, Mike Dean, Michael Oliver, Craig Pawson, Lee Mason, Anthony Taylor, Andre Marriner and Neil Swarbrick.

On Leicester City games, these officials have overseen 16 wins 7 draws and 2 defeats with 9 penalty/red card differentials in favour and two against (9-2).

This is an average of 2.20 points per game.

On Leicester City games where other referees have officiated, the Foxes have had 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat with 2 penalty/red card differentials in favour and one against (2-1).

This is an average of 1.83 points per game.

On Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United games, these officials have overseen 35 wins, 27 draws and 27 defeats with 11 penalty/red card differentials in favour and 13 against (11-13).

This is an average of 1.48 points per game.

On Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United games where other referees have officiated, these 4 teams have had 20 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats with 5 penalty/red card differentials in favour and one against (5-1).

This is an average of 2.17 points per game.

To put it another way, here is a tabulation of the projected points totals (as of this date) with the Select Group 10 and with other officials for the five clubs as well as the actual points totals:

Arsenal - 49 points with Select Group 10; 71 points with other referees; 55 points actual total.

Man City - 44 points with Select Group 10; 71 points with other referees; 51 points actual total.

Chelsea - 37 points with Select Group 10; 53 points with other referees; 41 points actual total.

Man Utd - 48 points with Select Group 10; 56 points with other referees; 50 points actual total.

Leicester - 68 points with Select Group 10; 57 points with other referees; 66 points actual total.

We expect these machinations to continue to the inevitable conclusion of a Premier League title for Leicester City...

... the Leicester City who have been systemically aided by pgMOB Select Group referees,

... the Leicester City who moved from least fit Premier League team to second most fit in a matter of days http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/04/02/premier-league-stars-given-banned-drugs-by-british-doctor/,

... the Leicester City who are illegally 20% owned by a secret investor,

... the Leicester City who were traded upon by insiders at 5,000-1 pre-season,

... the Leicester City whose success marks the end of legitimacy in English football.

All this emotionalism and 'feel good' bollocks about Leicester will guarantee some of the remaining opposition will tank it so as not to spoil the grope fest by actually trying to be, well, spoilers. It's fucking stupid. They'll be handed the title by mutual, manufactured consent.

All this emotionalism and 'feel good' bollocks about Leicester will guarantee some of the remaining opposition will tank it so as not to spoil the grope fest by actually trying to be, well, spoilers. It's fucking stupid. They'll be handed the title by mutual, manufactured consent.

I don't know I can imagine the likes of Stoke , Southampton , West Ham. , Everton fans would hate to see them win it through pure jealousy in that they have every chance of doing what Leicester have but never got near.

I don't know I can imagine the likes of Stoke , Southampton , West Ham. , Everton fans would hate to see them win it through pure jealousy in that they have every chance of doing what Leicester have but never got near.

It's like being sat at the Sunday dinner table at my Nan's with her and my Ma talking about some Corrie or Eastenders plot as if it's real.

Two issues on this discussion. Anybody who brings up Liverpool not winning the league before Leicester says more about them than Liverpool fans.

They should be reminded that football existed before the Premier League was formed. And it's a painful obsession to have to bring Liverpool into every other teams successes, to have to look for a tenuous link to somehow bring us into it.

As for the season we came close, leagues are won over 38 games. And lost too. Gerrard's slip was a big factor and it's right that if it was Lucas or Mignolet etc, the stick would be much more harsher. But, it wasn't, it was Gerrard. Like it or not, but because of Istanbul and that campaign and the West Ham final and many other ocassions, he gets a higher threshold before stick is dealt out. It's just the way it is. If it wasn't for his pass to Sturridge and late penalty at Fulham we'd have been out of the reckoning earlier.

The Gerrard slip narrative, whilst partly correct, has been leapt on and over amplified by the likes of Sky, Bitters and United knobs and spanners who frequent that YNFA abomination of a page. It was a factor. But so where the Sterling offside call, the Mignolet error, the Touré fuck up, Allen and Suarez missing easy chances in the derby, the shithouse display away to Hull.

All it boils down to is that over 38 games, we played some delectable football but, ultimately, as a team we just fell short.

• Upvote 2

Aye, I'll believe anything, me.

It's hugely impressive to be schooled by such an astute person who's able to see through lowbrow nonsense.

Surprised Stevie's been able to stop rubbing his hands together long enough to pull his boots on over in LA.