You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

V West Ham

Gym Beglin

Lucas will slot in for henderson and should do a decent job. I would start Ibe ahead of Lallana.

Lucas does a "decent job" in the same way Gerrard did at DM last season.

Which is to say his lack of mobility is a huge liability and we're definitely going to miss Henderson.  West Ham's midfield may not be the best technically but athletically they're miles ahead of whatever we're going to play tomorrow.  We'll need our centre backs to have a good game without much protection and one of the front players to give us something special to take three points.

I'm very apprehensive about this one. With so many injuries it's hard to see a balanced side emerge to go out there and threaten them. With that said, I have been pleased by the fortitude we've shown in the last couple. If we dig in against West Ham and show the same sort of fighting spirit we can come away with three points. 

So, what the heck... it's the New Year and we are going to start as we mean to go on. It will be hard fought, but we're coming back with three points. 

Come on you reds!

i'm with you on this one,if we show the fight like against Sunderland in the second half we can sneak this.big Ben strikes again!

Origi injured yet Sturridge left at home.

Makes no sense.

If he is fit to train and has been for a while he is fit to play some part

This mini pre season smells of desperation and bollocks

The mini-preseason smells of:

Not fit to play, eh? Hmmm, how about a couple of weeks doing cross-country runs, daily, to help with that?

One week later:

Oh, you're fit to play now are you? See that daily cross-country running really works. Do one more week for stamina & resilience though. And remember Daniel, next time you feel you can't play, just let me know, we know what to do now, don't we :)

we re not gonna bother playing the game tomorrow. west ham have been given the points. theres talk we re gonna fold and start again in unibond league north division 8 next season. no point really. we re 7th 9 points off top. easier to pack it in.

We keep our surrenders for must-win games at the Bernebeu.