You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frank De Boer

navbasi

Basically we are the 7th richest club or something we should have a manager that matches that. We need the best.

De Boer is clearly several levels above Rodgers only a fool would say otherwise.

He is a winner and I won't knock his fantastic archivements in football but My gut says he is the wrong fit but i would take him as an interim if it meant me not having to see Rodgers clapping his team against the likes of Carlisle and Sion in his shit black tie.

Yeah, but you don't have to be a winner, to be a winner.

Moyesy proved that. Even though he's a winner anyway.

Oh just stop it. You're not even trying now. It's just full on trolling shit. Setting aside the fact that Rodgers didn't even win the Championship, only the play-offs, the Championship is not a better league than the Eredivisie. Not a chance.

I didn't mention Rodgers, I'm talking about people like Bruce, Pulis and others who always get out of the championship.Id back them to win a league over there as they have consistently shown they can get promoted from the championship working with players from that level.

If we are comparing Rodgers to De Boer, Rodgers has finished second in a strong league when he had rivals who were stronger and spent more.De Boer hasn't overachieved at anytime and as I said he himself said he would swap a league for progression in the cl.

I see Denny's mentioning we are the 7 richest club in the world but 4-5 of the teams who are richer then us play in the premier league.People can say we can offer more then foreign teams but that doesn't mean anything, top players want to be in the cl and will go to foreign clubs over us as we have seen with the guy who went to Dortmund.

Getting promoted from the championship is a bigger acheivement then winning the Dutch league with Ajax, the quality of the league is similar and there are more teams challenging at the top in the championship.

Mcclaren went over there and took over a team who hadn't won it in years, he signed championship players and won the league but he couldn't get promoted from the championship with one of the strongest sides.

This reminds me of when fans were starting to talk about the positives of Hodgson towards the end of Rafas time, De Boer would be a terrible appointment and the fact Newcastle are the only other team linked should say something.

Until that post you actually had me believing you were fully behind Brendan for all the reasons you have outlined in various posts but I realise now your just taking the piss.

• Upvote 4

Getting promoted from the championship is a bigger acheivement then winning the Dutch league with Ajax, the quality of the league is similar and there are more teams challenging at the top in the championship.

Mcclaren went over there and took over a team who hadn't won it in years, he signed championship players and won the league but he couldn't get promoted from the championship with one of the strongest sides.

This reminds me of when fans were starting to talk about the positives of Hodgson towards the end of Rafas time, De Boer would be a terrible appointment and the fact Newcastle are the only other team linked should say something.

Hahaha

Until that post you actually had me believing you were fully behind Brendan for all the reasons you have outlined in various posts but I realise now your just taking the piss.

If you can't see the logic that's down to you, in the Dutch league there's two teams who can win the league and De Boer manages one of them.In the championship there's about 10 or more teams who can get promoted and the difference in quality of the squads is not big.

I didn't mention Rodgers, I'm talking about people like Bruce, Pulis and others who always get out of the championship.Id back them to win a league over there as they have consistently shown they can get promoted from the championship working with players from that level.

If we are comparing Rodgers to De Boer, Rodgers has finished second in a strong league when he had rivals who were stronger and spent more.De Boer hasn't overachieved at anytime and as I said he himself said he would swap a league for progression in the cl.

I see Denny's mentioning we are the 7 richest club in the world but 4-5 of the teams who are richer then us play in the premier league.People can say we can offer more then foreign teams but that doesn't mean anything, top players want to be in the cl and will go to foreign clubs over us as we have seen with the guy who went to Dortmund.

Mclaren wasnt some chump hed been assistant at man u winning loads england manager and won stuff elsewhere hes a shit manager but sometimes they go on a run as rodgers did once in his career only to finish up empty handed, de boers won the dutch league four times its not a one off.

If you can't see the logic that's down to you, in the Dutch league there's two teams who can win the league and De Boer manages one of them.In the championship there's about 10 or more teams who can get promoted and the difference in quality of the squads is not big.

Which makes it more of a lottery and rodgers won the lottery, given every swansea manager since has improved on it survival in the prem is not anything special. He failed to get it up with previous clubs and got sacked. Same as mclaren.

That article focussing on de Boers weaknesses is probably valid.

The fact is though Klopp had an absolute stinker at Dortmund the season before he left (the same group of players are now flying under a new manager) and Ancelotti was getting hammered before winning the European cup.

No manager is a guarantee.

You can see why FSG would want de Boer though. Loses players, plugs the gaps with youth, big profit. He defo needs a director of football though because he hasn't ever signed any big players

• Upvote 1

Are you saying that Rodgers has achieved more as a manager than De Boer?

I'm pretty sure that if Ajax were in the Championship they'd walk it.

Whilst I agree that there should be no talk of De Boer until we get firm rejections from Klopp and Ancelotti, suggesting that De Boer hasn't achieved more than Rodgers is utter lunacy.

The guy won four consecutive Eredivisie, a feat that has never been achieved preciously. Not by Van Gaal, nor Hiddick, Rinus Michels, Cruyff, Koeman etc... All with a team that hadn't won a single trophy since 2004 when he took over. He was also assistant manager in that Dutch team that reached that 2010 world cup final, wasn't he?

And, one more thing he's got over Rodgers is that his team didn't fucking implode when Suarez left. In fact, it didn't have any impact at all as he went on to bag the title. Neither did the losses of Alderweireld, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Van Der Wiel etc... either for the record.

Suarez was only moved to striker to cover for when Huntelaar was sold. He was mainly out on the left beforehand.

The quality of the Dutch league is fucking poor and has been for years. Obviously Ajax and the other top teams would piss the championship but the general quality is still low.

I see no reason why a lot of premier league managers such as Rodgers, Pardew, Pulis, Martinez, Flores, Monk etc. cant win titles in Holland, it's not a massive achievement at the moment. Don't know if they'd win four in a row like, that seems impressive.

• Upvote 1

Ajax are not the only team that play in the Dutch league

They have not been the biggest spenders recently either. They are pretty skint and have been outspent by PSV and AZ while Frank de Boer has been managing them. Ajax and Feyenoord were both damn close to going under a few years ago. I live in the Netherlands and see a fair bit of the Eredivisie. I am well aware of it's limitations but also recognise it's strengths. Since De Boer turned us down he has won the Eredivisie every year apart from the last one when PSV were just too strong. He is currently top again this year. He would quite possibly bring the likes of Viktor Fischer and Davy Klaassen with him. I'd swap him for Brendan for sure.
  • Upvote 2

I'll be honest the four league titles in a row is very impressive, and yeah if he comes let's hope he brings that klaassen lad with him.

Would still rather we went with someone proven in Europe but, having thought about it, yes, he is an upgrade on Rodgers - but is it enough of an upgrade?

Rodgers has to go but we can't pretend he hasn't had us fighting for league titles and playing some of the best football this country has seen for a long time. If de Boer can match that in this league then he'll have done very well indeed.

The quality of the Dutch league is fucking poor and has been for years. Obviously Ajax and the other top teams would piss the championship but the general quality is still low.

I see no reason why a lot of premier league managers such as Rodgers, Pardew, Pulis, Martinez, Flores, Monk etc. cant win titles in Holland, it's not a massive achievement at the moment. Don't know if they'd win four in a row like, that seems impressive.

Thats cos it is impressive, even overwhelming if the comparison is with rodgers, the above managers could conceivably win a title over there but not four in a row.

I'll be honest the four league titles in a row is very impressive, and yeah if he comes let's hope he brings that klaassen lad with him.

Would still rather we went with someone proven in Europe but, having thought about it, yes, he is an upgrade on Rodgers - but is it enough of an upgrade?

Rodgers has to go but we can't pretend he hasn't had us fighting for league titles and playing some of the best football this country has seen for a long time. If de Boer can match that in this league then he'll have done very well indeed.

Fighting for 'a' league title once in four years, rodgers has not had us, fighting for league titles.

This is insane over egging rodgers time here, if he was at any other club youd see without the tinted specs how shit he is, he wont get another top job when he leaves here.