You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players not even in today's squad

Dave D

Got to be some sales/decent money to be had.

Not saying sell all of them....

Balotelli 7m?

Borini 5m?

Markovic 7m?

Sturridge don't sell

Ilori don't sell

Lucas 5m?

Allen 5m?

Sakho 8m?

Flanghan don't sell

Enrique 2m?

Over remainder of this window and next

39m seems reasonable.

With that get another CB and a bit of flair in midfield

Is Sakho injured?

Apparently his missus has been in labour this week so Sakho hasn't trained.

I wouldn't sell any of the above except for Borini, Balotelli and Enrique. Maybe Markovic if we got a good offer but these are exactly the sort of players we need as backup. Not all good enough to start but more than adequate to deputise.

Markovic and Ilori on loan and Enrique, Borini and Balotelli, however we can get them out of the door, is all I can see going now this summer, with either no-one else in or only a value deal left-back.

Lucas and Allen you would hope would finally be upgraded for a fit, mobile, strong adult male human in defensive/central midfield next summer, of course they won't be, and then the likes of Mignolet, Moreno, Sakho, Lovren, Lallana and even Sturridge could be on their way this time in a year for various reasons if they don't convince and hold down a place.

I'd take the obvious 3 of the first 5 out now, plus maybe Markovic on loan, and will just pray we don't need another complete reboot next summer.

• Upvote 2

We've got about 30 players in the first team squad (or that are "above" being in the Reserves anyway).

Balotelli, Borini, and Enrique will almost certainly go. Sadly, probably on loan. I think Lucas will go as well if an offer from a decent Italian side comes in.

I don't think the player will see it that way if Rodgers isn't going to play him. He could easily start most weeks for a decent Serie A team.

This is where man management comes in. Rodgers should take him to one side in training and explain. " if you're pissed off how do you think the four new strikers and the nine number tens i bought feel?"

• Upvote 1

Lucas is defo worth keeping on, away from home against the better sides he'd be a defo starter. Also I'd be starting him in the Europa, we'd get next to nothing for him anyway, if he's happy to stay and fight for a place let him he's not one to throw his toys out the pram and stink the place out if he's not getting a game.

Got to be some sales/decent money to be had.

Not saying sell all of them....

Balotelli 7m?

Borini 5m?

Markovic 7m?

Sturridge don't sell

Ilori don't sell

Lucas 5m?

Allen 5m?

Sakho 8m?

Flanghan don't sell

Enrique 2m?

Over remainder of this window and next

39m seems reasonable.

With that get another CB and a bit of flair in midfield

Madness.

Allen, Sakho and probably Markovic will all have a significant part to play this season. There's no particular urgency to get rid of Lucas either.

Enrique, Borini and Balotelli are the only real excess baggage we're carrying.  If we shed more than one of them by the end of the window, we will have done alright; but there won't be any "decent money".

• Upvote 1