You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players not even in today's squad

Dave D

He'll obviously see the season out here now, but much as I like Allen as a player and think he gets a raw deal re his game, I remember posting towards the end of last season that this was the summer he should be moved on, as it's sadly pointless having him given that he breaks down so often and rarely hits top form, certainly never sustaining it for long enough before he's back on the sidelines.

Lo and behold, the season hadn't even kicked off and it's the same old same old.  Not going to change now unfortunately, we just can't rely on him and he and Lucas really need to ultimately be swapped for one top operator in that position who's reliable and available more often than not.

Fuck me you've got the 20m kid Markovic sitting doing fuck all, whens he going to get his chance? Granted he can only run in a straight line, but he fast i here you cry. I tell you what he can't be any less effective than that skin cream peddler, give him a chance i say or is he really that shit?

And what does enrquie do apart from going around doing sly stallone impressions, flashing his 'guns' to anybody who will look, been loved up on twitter and taking pics of him in speedo's in the med with his latest gash. dopey fuckers gets 60k a week for that, twats life eh.

• Upvote 2

Madness.

Allen, Sakho and probably Markovic will all have a significant part to play this season. There's no particular urgency to get rid of Lucas either.

Enrique, Borini and Balotelli are the only real excess baggage we're carrying.  If we shed more than one of them by the end of the window, we will have done alright; but there won't be any "decent money".

As opposed to the insignificant parts theyve played thus far?

Markovic maybe deserves an opportunity.

Sakho it would seem wants out and Allen is.....Allen.

I'm all up for selling and getting 2 players in that go beyond "significant"

As opposed to the insignificant parts theyve played thus far?

Markovic maybe deserves an opportunity.

Sakho it would seem wants out and Allen is.....Allen.

I'm all up for selling and getting 2 players in that go beyond "significant"

What are you basing "Sakho wants out" on?  I haven't heard the faintest whimper of a rumour that he might want out.  If he did want out, taking selfies with people he never intends to play with would seem very odd.

sakhoselfie.jpg

Markovic, as you say, maybe deserves an opportunity.  Personally, I think the idea of buying a young player and then discarding them after just one season in the Premier League would be very silly.  We should ask the question next summer about whether or not we want to keep him.

I understand (and share) most people's frustration at Joe Allen's limitations, but since everyone here is crying out for a defensive midfielder - and since Lucas may well leave - it's probably worth acknowledging that he is a busy little bugger who can at least give attackers something to think about before they reach our back four.

I'd like us to go far in all competitions this season (who knows, maybe even win something) so we're going to need a lot of players who already know their way around Anfield.  That's why I'd keep all three of these.

• Upvote 1