You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But the stack em high (workers) sell them low eu olicy of the past decade or so has not worked Angry. It's a modern day method to trade in cheap easy labour.

The result of mass eu youth unemployment cannot be denied . 

You can't seriously expect our current government to rely on market forces when it comes to unskilled labour though. They're more likely to go down the route suggested by our wonderful mail reader of making people work for their benefits.

Fuck off yourself. No one takes more shit on this forum than me. The cunt telling another poster what to do regards to me for fuck sake. Until then I wouldn't even have acknowledged the moron.

Your lack of self-awareness is monumental. I think I've seen you have a normal conversation without turning into an aggressive arsehole about 3 times since you've been posting on here. 

Calling another poster right wing when you sound like Farage and Widdecombes lovechild? beyond the pale 

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

You can't seriously expect our current government to rely on market forces when it comes to unskilled labour though. They're more likely to go down the route suggested by our wonderful mail reader of making people work for their benefits.

That's a point. I'm talking in general terms. Cheap labour is a race to the bottom.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Your lack of self-awareness is monumental. I think I've seen you have a normal conversation without turning into an aggressive arsehole about 3 times since you've been posting on here. 

Well you must have had me on ignore with the rest of the flowers then because that's simply not true.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

You'd still be hard pressed to find anyone willing to do it.

Well not directly but in my opinion the flying in and out of cheap labour seems to get a free pass. The obvious example was them poor Romanians flown in on a chartered flight at the start of the pandemic. 

Maybe late to this but I think the EU is a pro business bunch of right wing scum bags, who have their own best interests at heart. 

Despite the above, I think leaving said EU would be worse for the working class of Britain, as as bad as the EU is they are not as bad as the shitheads we have in charge of the Tory party and they will see leaving the EU as a great opportunity to roll back the few rights that we still have. 

Therefore, despite not being a fan of the EU I think it is best for the British people to vote to remain. Hopefully then once we elect a Labour government we can align with our European comrades and move the EU to the left.

When is the vote ? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Maybe late to this but I think the EU is a pro business bunch of right wing scum bags, who have their own best interests at heart. 

Despite the above, I think leaving said EU would be worse for the working class of Britain, as as bad as the EU is they are not as bad as the shitheads we have in charge of the Tory party and they will see leaving the EU as a great opportunity to roll back the few rights that we still have. 

Therefore, despite not being a fan of the EU I think it is best for the British people to vote to remain. Hopefully then once we elect a Labour government we can align with our European comrades and move the EU to the left.

When is the vote ? 

You right wing, EU shagging, slave driving cunt 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Nope. 

Not true. I had a good discussion with you when you asked me a couple of questions over Brexit recently. Same with most on here.

As for this instance this fella has been sniping at me for ages indirectly. Why he bothers I dont know. They have got a little band of them, they know who they are. It appears the ignore button is not enough for them.One recently kept questioning my mental health to another poster and said he was reveling in my mental demise. Another wished me dead and when I ignored the post repeated it a few days later, but hey hoy there you go.

10 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

When is the vote ? 

I'm not a million miles away from you. I'd vote in but through gritted teeth and then a bleach bath.

Not true. I had a good discussion with you when you asked me a couple of questions over Brexit recently. Same with most on here.

As for this instance this fella has been sniping at me for ages indirectly. Why he bothers I dont know. They have got a little band of them, they know who they are. It appears the ignore button is not enough for them.One recently kept questioning my mental health to another poster and said he was reveling in my mental demise. Another wished me dead and when I ignored the post repeated it a few days later, but hey hoy there you go.

Fair enough. Just seems everyday you're arguing with someone new whereas I try to keep it to the same person. 

You might want to read Scoobys post then my reply for a sense of reality about most peoples feelings towards Brexit on here and then your perception. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Fair enough. Just seems everyday you're arguing with someone new whereas I try to keep it to the same person. 

You might want to read Scoobys post then my reply for a sense of reality about most peoples feelings towards Brexit on here and then your perception. 

I'm pretty much in agreement with him, its healthy to have other viewpoints on subjects.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Disregarding one particular instance the obvious answer to the general problem is for employers (many of which are extremely rich landowners receiving massive subsidies) to pay employees a more competitive rate of pay.

Absolutely.  The trouble in a capitalist economy is that there are competitive pressures on private-sector employers to cut costs and the biggest cost is often employees' pay and conditions.  Capitalism is always a race to the bottom. 

How do you address that?

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I didn’t wish anyone dead. I said I didn’t care if you died, that’s the truth.  On reflection it was unnecessary and I shouldn’t have said it and I apologise. 

Edit: Gnasher, not you obviously Stig.  

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What?

A quarter of under 25s unemployed.. EU response was to open the labour pool with predictable consequences. Employers did very well though, swings and roundabouts an all that...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2020/nov/11/europe-cant-afford-to-lose-another-generation-to-youth-unemployment

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Absolutely.  The trouble in a capitalist economy is that there are competitive pressures on private-sector employers to cut costs and the biggest cost is often employees' pay and conditions.  Capitalism is always a race to the bottom. 

How do you address that?

Doing the opposite of what the eu have done for the past 15 years or so?