You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

X-Files returns

Guest davelfc

After Millennium got cancelled, Carter used an episode of The X Files (episode 4, season 7) to tie up a few loose ends. Its a decent episode, but doesn't really bring closure to Millennium. It was enjoyable seeing Frank Black (not The Pixies front man) with Milder and Scully though.

Millennium was actually quite a good show, much, much darker than The X Files. It was pitched as 'Se7en' the TV show.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just been looking through the episodes in season one and there are going to be some that try your patience but stick with it. Some of the later episodes are superb.

I'm four in. I think I'm pretty much sold on watching it. I thought I would be. As a lover of Fringe, it's probably up my street.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm surprised that Fringe didn't lure you into the X Files, NV, especially as one episode of Fringe featured a reference to "the old X designation."

Missed this first time around. Fringe did get me looking into X-Files, it's just a bit of a slog and the files were massive to 'acquire'.

Yeah, I actually meant iptorrents. There's a 720p version (likely downscaled from the 1080p). Going to buy the pilot from a legal place and see how it goes. I could always re-encode them, being the tech whizz that I am, and shrink the file down. We need a 480p version making from these new ones, with the entire season coming in at around 10gb.

I'll get on the mother fucker.

So, with this in mind, I re-encoded it from 720p to 480p via Handbrake. The pilot episode down from 2GB (1.93) to 666.7MB. That's a massive size difference for no decreeable difference in quality. That should cut the season size down from 43GB to under 15gb.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the second series now. Muder and skully need to take their home addresses out the phone book or some shit becaus every fucking vilian seems to know exactly where they live.

They just drive around until they spot a house with a big X taped to the window.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great. I'll be acquiring those.

The first season is out now in 1080p from Netflix, had it downloaded a while and it looks fucking amazing. The other seasons seem to be a while off from Netflix, but the other 8 seasons have been released in 720p by Hulu and are available now on IPTorrents. Get on it, they also look ace.

• Upvote 2

The first season is out now in 1080p from Netflix, had it downloaded a while and it looks fucking amazing. The other seasons seem to be a while off from Netflix, but the other 8 seasons have been released in 720p by Hulu and are available now on IPTorrents. Get on it, they also look ace.

Did they also update the script of the internet/hacking episode in that season so that it does not come across as hilarious today?

• 3 weeks later...

The Lone Gunmen are back on board.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/22/x-files-lone-gunmen-return

RP joins as the new fourth member.......

Sorry, RP. My inner Lucifer couldn't resist. You can neg me.

No offence taken, I'm glad you linked too as it's a good reminder to start reading that season 10 comic series. Got a bit of a spoiler there, but that's probably my karma for having left them unread for so long.

• 5 months later...

Starts two weeks today. Bit more info on what the new season is about. Six episodes, three Alien ones and three stand alone ones.

Prior to filming, Carter explained that he had "ideas for every [character]" and that the series would strive to tell fresh stories in a "very new political environment". He explained that, since the conclusion of the series, he had been collecting noteworthy news stories for future use. Carter also revealed that the miniseries' plot has no connection to the Season 10 comic book series, and is composed of both mythology episodes, as well as stand-alone "Monster of the Week" episodes.It was later confirmed by Carter that the first, second, and sixth episodes would be mythology episodes, and others would be standalones. Carter himself wrote the teleplays and directed the first, fifth, and sixth episodes. The second, "Founder's Mutation", was written and directed by James Wong; the third, "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster", was written and directed by Darin Morgan; and the fourth episode, titled "Home Again", was written and directed by Glen Morgan. Scientist and biology professor Anne Simon, who first consulted on the series' first season finale episode "The Erlenmeyer Flask", and for the rest of the original series run, returned as a biology science advisor. She later received writing credit for her contributions to the miniseries' finale. A seventh episode was written, however it was not produced due to scheduling conflicts, according to Carter.

Twenty minutes behind the scenes of the new series.

http://youtu.be/UgRUzEdPfHA[/YouTube]

Trailer for the new series.

http://youtu.be/_1SmJUBT5q0[/YouTube]

• Upvote 3

"It was later confirmed by Carter that the first, second, and sixth episodes would be mythology episodes, and others would be standalones."

Wow. Really not liking the sound of that. If they'd done 1st, 3rd, and 6th, or 1st, 4th and 6th, fine. But personally, I think that the wait from 2nd to 6th for the conclusion of the mythology part is going to really suck. Still looking forward to it of course, just not that aspect of it.

I always preferred the standalones to the mythology. All that alien shit got a bit silly the longer it went on.

I think it's safe to guess that it's going to get a whole lot weirder before it's done. I like it, it's something not really seen on tv normally with such a big show, so looking forward to seeing how it finishes.