You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

I really hope the Han we see in this isn’t the same one we meet in A New Hope. I’d like to see some backstory/character development as to why he’s the ‘scoundrel’ he is when we first meet him.

Have my doubts after seeing that trailer (“been running scams since I was ten”....etc) and if so could be a missed opportunity.

Oh and Lucasfilm have just announced the creators of Game of Thrones (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss) are going to write and produce another series of films.

Completely separate from the main episodes and separate from Rian Johnson’s new trilogy also.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/star-wars-game-of-thrones-new-films-david-benioff-db-weiss-1202689489/

The worst bit of the whole film for me, and it had some stiff competition.

You probably know, but it was pointed out to me that this was a nod to the first film (epsIV)  where Luke is seen drinking the same thing while living with Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru (check me out- yes I googled Aunt Beru)

You probably know, but it was pointed out to me that this was a nod to the first film (epsIV) where Luke is seen drinking the same thing while living with Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru (check me out- yes I googled Aunt Beru)

I read that before, but it wasn’t the drinking of the milk that was the problem, it was the milking the tit of a dinosaur/lizard (whatever the fuck it was) that was the issue. Woeful.

Oh and Lucasfilm have just announced the creators of Game of Thrones (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss) are going to write and produce another series of films.

Completely separate from the main episodes and separate from Rian Johnson’s new trilogy also.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/star-wars-game-of-thrones-new-films-david-benioff-db-weiss-1202689489/

Not sold on that. We're all going to get tired of Star Wars movies every year, even me, the man who has more Star Wars merch than I care to mention.

Not sold on that. We're all going to get tired of Star Wars movies every year, even me, the man who has more Star Wars merch than I care to mention.

Yeah, feel the same. At this rate they’ll be a couple released a year and that just feels wrong.

Guessing the Rian Johnson trilogy and these new films will run (production-wise) closely given how close together they have been announced. Surely rough ideas have been pitched...etc already.

Plus you then have Episode 9 and any more stand alone anthology movies to come, plus not to mention the live action tv show.

Way too much going on for my liking. Only just getting used to a Han Solo film so soon after The Last Jedi. Even that feels wrong.

Disney are going balls deep like they have with Marvel, which for me in the case of Star Wars is a mistake as it’s not an established universe outside of the Episode films, which seems to be the direction they are taking it.

Maybe this is Disneys focus now for the next decade now that the main Marvel films look to be winding down with the release of Infinity War 1&2.

You can’t keep casting the same Iron Man and Captain America forever and need to move onto another film series to bring in the cash I guess. If this is the case I’m not sure about Star Wars being it.

I really like the idea of a totally unconnected series of films by the GOT lads, who are brilliant writers. I’ve realised that Star Wars has already irreversibly changed and so I’d rather embrace that and see where it goes than grumble about it any more. However, I think that will only be possible for me once the breakaway from the Skywalker saga happens.

The recent feminist movement will put paid to Jabba and his birds on chains.

In fact, we'll probably find he has slimmed down considerably as well. 

He'll be on a treadmill whilst watching Loose Women.

It turns out that the Hutts, like real-life slugs, are actually hermaphrodites. This has been the case forever, though I'm sure Kathleen Kennedy will be blamed if we see a Hutt who identifies more as a female.

• Upvote 1

It turns out that the Hutts, like real-life slugs, are actually hermaphrodites. This has been the case forever, though I'm sure Kathleen Kennedy will be blamed if we see a Hutt who identifies more as a female.

Isn’t Jabba’s bitch next to him at the start of the pod race in TPM?

• 2 weeks later...

Announced the special features for The Last Jedi Blu-ray and digital release today.

This sounds like the shittest bonus feature ever: "The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon."

Is it gonna be him sat there wanking off Louis C.K. style? What a bellend.

Haha fucking hell. You've gotta be a bit sad to moan about bonus features on a DVD. Who watches them anyway!

(and Rian filmed a lot of behind the scenes stuff as they shot it so it's no surprise if it's made the DVD)

All done with everyone involved talking about how perfect everything was and there was no problem between anyone

(This was noted on Red Letter Media)

Personally I'm fed up with hearing about how people go out their way to let it be known they hate it. The people in the hate crowd are far more vocal.

"Shitty bonus features on a DVD!??! The Last Jedi is shit!!!"

Who gives a fuck.

Haha fucking hell. You've gotta be a bit sad to moan about bonus features on a DVD. Who watches them anyway!

(and Rian filmed a lot of behind the scenes stuff as they shot it so it's no surprise if it's made the DVD)

Personally I'm fed up with hearing about how people go out their way to let it be known they hate it. The people in the hate crowd are far more vocal.

"Shitty bonus features on a DVD!??! The Last Jedi is shit!!!"

Who gives a fuck.

I spend 75% of my day watching DVD bonus features, you bastard.

• Upvote 1

Sure, no-one watches them, that's why loads of money is spent on making them. Right you are.

Also, notice how there are no other voices? No commentaries from the cast. Nothing from Mark Fucking Hamill? Might it be because he fucking hated it too?

Haha!! Fucking hell.

State of that.

• Downvote 1

Chris, on 21 Feb 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

I think because some entitled scrote took his life's work, showed absolutely no reverence for it (or so much he tied himself in knots trying to figure out what to do with it), and ended up taking a massive shit all over it in order to try and make his mark.

Considering his name is Johnson, wouldn't that make him more of an entitled cock?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What baffles me these days is that when you criticise anything that has some previous pop culture links, be it Star Wars, Ghostbusters reboots or whatever, your motives get questioned for saying you didn't like it, as do the standards you're judging it by. 

'It's only because you were a kid when you saw the originals' 'they haven't aged well' 'they're kids films anyway' 'they're not meant for people like you and me anymore'. I don't know if it's a bye product of the likes of Disney developing aggressive marketing strategies or what, but it's weird. It's as though they're buying up successful brands to exploit and which come with an existing fanbase they can juice, but then when they're not impressed with the product, it's their fault for not appreciating the fact that it's a brave new dawn and they just don't get it. 

In a sense, whisper it quietly, it's almost like football. Here's something you loved, come in and love it again, oh but it's a bit dearer and a bit shitter, until eventually it's 'fuck it we don't need you anyway, we've got the Chinese'. 

It's highly patronising having to jump through hoops to pass judgement on a product you don't like. The truth is much simpler with this - it's just a shit film. 

I judge films by whether or not they make sense, characterisation, dialogue, and whether or not I was bored - and this failed all of those tests.

I've always been a Star Trek fan. I love Discovery. I don't care that it's different from what's gone before, I don't care that it's not episodic or that they swear or that the main character isn't the captain or that the Klingons have been reimagined - it's boss, it's well written and well made, and it entertains me. It's that simple. TLJ didn't. 

• Upvote 2

What baffles me these days is that when you criticise anything that has some previous pop culture links, be it Star Wars, Ghostbusters reboots or whatever, your motives get questioned for saying you didn't like it, as do the standards you're judging it by.

'It's only because you were a kid when you saw the originals' 'they haven't aged well' 'they're kids films anyway' 'they're not meant for people like you and me anymore'. I don't know if it's a bye product of the likes of Disney developing aggressive marketing strategies or what, but it's weird. It's as though they're buying up successful brands to exploit and which come with an existing fanbase they can juice, but then when they're not impressed with the product, it's their fault for not appreciating the fact that it's a brave new dawn and they just don't get it.

In a sense, whisper it quietly, it's almost like football. Here's something you loved, come in and love it again, oh but it's a bit dearer and a bit shitter, until eventually it's 'fuck it we don't need you anyway, we've got the Chinese'.

It's highly patronising having to jump through hoops to pass judgement on a product you don't like. The truth is much simpler with this - it's just a shit film.

I judge films by whether or not they make sense, characterisation, dialogue, and whether or not I was bored - and this failed all of those tests.

I've always been a Star Trek fan. I love Discovery. I don't care that it's different from what's gone before, I don't care that it's not episodic or that they swear or that the main character isn't the captain or that the Klingons have been reimagined - it's boss, it's well written and well made, and it entertains me. It's that simple. TLJ didn't.

And that’s fine, of course you’re allowed to mention you don’t like a film. I personally loved it, couldn’t care less what anyone else thought of it.

You didn’t like TLJ, myself and plenty of others did. Doesn’t mean me, you or anyone else is right as it’s all subjective. I know people that hate Discovery, I equally know people who loved it.

As long as both positives or critique are made constructively then they more than valid points.

However, people who seem to hate it keep coming back with more ways to display their displeasure, most of the time completely way off the mark/clutching at straws.

“Rian Johnson/Disney are releasing DVD bonus features to try and pull the wool over peoples eyes that there weren’t issues on set”

“Mark Hamill hated the movie, no wonder why there’s no dvd commentary/look at this collection of clips showing his facial reactions, ignoring some positive public statements he’s made about the film”

Just two examples since the home release was announced yesterday and instantly this thread was brought back to life with negatives/guesses on what is/was going through the mind of people from an actor to Disney execs.

It’s tedious as fuck, and that’s more problematic.

And that’s fine, of course you’re allowed to mention you don’t like a film. I personally loved it, couldn’t care less what anyone else thought of it.

You didn’t like TLJ, myself and plenty of others did. Doesn’t mean me, you or anyone else is right as it’s all subjective. I know people that hate Discovery, I equally know people who loved it.

As long as both positives or critique are made constructively then they more than valid points.

However, people who seem to hate it keep coming back with more ways to display their displeasure, most of the time completely way off the mark/clutching at straws.

“Rian Johnson/Disney are releasing DVD bonus features to try and pull the wool over peoples eyes that there weren’t issues on set”

“Mark Hamill hated the movie, no wonder why there’s no dvd commentary/look at this collection of clips showing his facial reactions, ignoring some positive public statements he’s made about the film”

Just two examples since the home release was announced yesterday and instantly this thread was brought back to life with negatives/guesses on what is/was going through the mind of people from an actor to Disney execs.

It’s tedious as fuck, and that’s more problematic.

Why is it problematic?