You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Madrid v Liverpool

Paco

I feel exactly the same. My mate asked if I would take a 1 goal defeat now and I lied and said no .  A bumming would be a fucking disaster ( excuse the pun) 

I wouldn't take a defeat but I'd definitely take a draw, I'd never usually say that either (unless the point decided something in our favour of course.) I loathe 0-0 draws especially like almost anyone else, but would be fine in this case with a result like that.

It's games like this where our philosophy falls down. There are ways of beating superior opponents, that's part of the joy of football, but it requires tactical nous and discipline, two things we have very little of. When your only way of playing is to attack, when (a) your attack force is broken up or isn't playing well, or ( b ) the opponent's attack is better than yours, you're fucked.

Under Houllier or Rafa a backs to the wall victory would have been plausible, almost no chance of it tonight though unless Madrid really can't be arsed. Doubt that though, they'll smell blood and beating a side like Liverpool still makes waves. I fear a few Oles' tonight.

About right that. We enjoyed the ride last season based around 2 great forwards becoming convinced in our ability to beat anybody.

The strikers are sorely missed. The confidence in the side is deteriorating. Could well be a heavy defeat but with fuck all to lose who knows. We must have some energy and balls in tonight's side. 

Good to be back among the big boys.

Good post though mate, unlike Unfunneees smart arse unwelcome bag of shite. 

No, we are going to get fucking mullered.

Does anyone know what the odds of Madrid -4 are?

17/2.

-5 is 22/1.

Much more value in scorelines, as I really can't see us getting anywhere near their goal.

6-0 50/1

7-0 110/1

8-0 350/1

We've drifted out to 14/1 to win now. I've never seen anything like it. We're comfortably a bigger price than Malmo are against Atletico Madrid.

• Upvote 1

17/2.

-5 is 22/1.

Much more value in scorelines, as I really can't see us getting anywhere near their goal.

6-0 50/1

7-0 110/1

8-0 350/1

We've drifted out to 14/1 to win now. I've never seen anything like it. We're comfortably a bigger price than Malmo are against Atletico Madrid.

Who is that with?

So we play our bollocks off last season to get into the Champions League. Then when we get there, we rest players as we are going to get hammered anyway, so may as well keep some lads fresh for the weekend....?

Is this really what we've become?

(Points to We Are Liverpool tattoo and weeps....)

It really wasn't supposed to be like this was it!?

Bollocks to all this being written off and being 16/1 shots... 5 frigging years this club has been out of this competition and now we are back in it we are being treated like jokes, like some little minnow.  Will be a disgrace if we go there tonight and act like it as well....

Just looked on oddschecker and it says 16/1 with Bet Victor, if you click that price when you go through to the Bet Victor site it is 12/1

Yeah, the price has changed again.

I've just put 5k on us winning.