You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

010658b6f69a4815e1da34d9124c7a1a.jpg

eb17bed306c173a47fd3bd1d1832aa97.jpg

42e792aa0f852bb3412b7e2b8db38e38.jpg

Trip back home, so we decide to hit Spain for 10 days, taking in a 3 day festival in Bilbao. Get the shitty week in Liverpool that's polite the heat wave, then fog and rain when up a mountain.

Might stay at home next year! Music is good though, primal scream, Brian Wilson, and Andrew weatherall mañana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I was involved in the making of this video last December, filmed in Maamtrasna, Co. Mayo - about 30 mins from my house.

It was the scene of an infamous series of murders in the late 1800s - a family of 5 were slaughtered and 3 innocent men executed for the crime.

John Murry is actually touring the UK in July and September including a gig in Liverpool (Naked Lunch Cafe) on September 17th.

His new album "A Short History Of Decay" is due out on July 14th, is reviewing well -  8/10 in Uncut and 4/5 in Mojo 

• Upvote 3

I had the house to myself for a bit last night so was digging through my old CDs I have tucked away in the back of cupboards, I found a couple of real gems but also a Motown sampler thing with Still Water (Love) by The Four Tops on it, what a fucking song that is, not sure if the video on the link will work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSi9DJAgarw

THE_FOUR_TOPS_STILL%2BWATERS%2BRUN%2BDEE

• Upvote 1

Started by vinyl last week after getting a record player. Really enjoying the change,i find ill tend to listen to an album right through where with a CD or digital i skip around tracks and artists. The album covers and artwork and great to go back too aswell.

Realky enjoying the changed

Two more turned up today too so looking forward to being off for a few days from Tuesday as by then ill have worked 19 12hr days on tbe bounce.

The two that turned up this morning

Also got

Prince - Purple Rain

Guns N' Roses - AFD

Led Zeppelin IV

AC/DC Back in Black

Fleetwood Mac - Best of (Peter Green)

Eric Clapton - History of

The Allman Brothers Band - Beggings

The Eagles - Hotel California

Meatloaf - Bat out of hell

Elton John - Too Low for Zero

Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard0f3485eabd27f62076316d0cdccfe076.jpg

• Upvote 3

listening to Decemberists at the moment - Hazards of Love, The King is Dead - really like them. 

Can't get enough of Hamilton Leighthausers new one as well - saw him at glastonbury, he was absolute class. 

I love "The King Is Dead"  Peter Bucks guitar and Gillian Welchs backing vocals add so much. Some really beautiful lines too, January Hymn - "On a winter Sunday I go, to clear away the snow and green the ground below".

• Upvote 1

Aye, great night cheers. The venue was Caldicot castle, so that was pretty cool. I don't listen to OCS anymore but Mosely Shoals still stands the test of time. Steve Craddock is one of the last guitar heroes too. His solo at the end for 100 mile high city was fucking epic. He then threw his les Paul ten feet across the stage at the roadie and stormed off like a boss.

• Upvote 2

Aye, great night cheers. The venue was Caldicot castle, so that was pretty cool. I don't listen to OCS anymore but Mosely Shoals still stands the test of time. Steve Craddock is one of the last guitar heroes too. His solo at the end for 100 mile high city was fucking epic. He then threw his les Paul ten feet across the stage at the roadie and stormed off like a boss.

Awesome, saw them for the first time in 96 or 97, seen them about 6 times since.

I love "The King Is Dead"  Peter Bucks guitar and Gillian Welchs backing vocals add so much. Some really beautiful lines too, January Hymn - "On a winter Sunday I go, to clear away the snow and green the ground below".

Yep - some brilliant tunes on there. Bit of a punt truth be told a few years ago but it worked out! 

In his own words how he got the nickname the Wicked Pickett

Noreen Woods gave it to him,The secretary were wearing miniskirts at Atlantic records,and while one was leaning over the desk you could see the San Francisco Bay. So i went and pitched her and Noreen screamed your mighty wicked. Then Jerry Wexlar comes running out his office screaming right that down thats the next album,the wicked Pickett