You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Hull

mouse1989

So we're shit in defence and bad up front. Let's all pick on Gerrard.

Yeah because the midfielder who is supposed to be providing a screen for the defence has nothing whatsoever to do with our defensive failings.  If that was any other player he would be fucking crucified on here.

Seriously, I know he's Steve Gerrard.  I love him.  That doesn't mean I can look at the side and not see that his performance level in the role he is being asked to perform isn't enough.  It's actually insulting him to suggest otherwise since I'm fucking sure he wouldn't want people making excuses for him.  That in turn comes down to what the manager is asking him to do.

Stevie has always had one problem with his game - he wants the ball all the time.  That's a great attribute in general but it lets a player down when he is dragged out of position because he's chasing it and also when he gets it and slips into Hollywood mode.  Not every ball has to be a 50 yard pass.

Remember 10 league games ago when we were fucking awesome and nearly won the league?

Yes, since that's exactly how I can gauge how poor we are by comparison.  We were shite at the back last year too by the way in case you missed it, it's just that we had Luis and Sturridge banging in goals at the other end.

• Upvote 5

No rythm to our attack - staggering number of times things fell apart as movement and pass were on different wavelength. Pressing is the same - one guy sprints and the rest walk giving no shape at all.

What did Coutinho do wrong- to me it is very clear we look better when he comes on and that Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling should start games behind the striker. Oh yeah - but we play without a striker...

Defense was pretty solid - the Spanish lads clearly offering more than Glo-Jo and Enrique

Coutinho has looked much better in general in recent games, him and lambert really changed the game when they came on. The one thing that's been pissing me off recently is not playing Sterling at the tip of the diamond behind the striker (s). He is way more effective there and forces team to sit back a bit more because of his pace. Thought manquilo had his best game for us yesterday with solid defence and some good runs in behind, considering his age and lack of experience he has been really really good for us, playing in a team that has been struggling really.

Coutinho is the most inconsistent player in the squad, and therefore I'd like him start most games.

Great when he's on fire, rubbish when he isn't.  He's not consistent enough for me, but while he's in form, play him.  

Did well yesterday, but wasted a few corners, hitting the first man.  That shit drives me mad.   

• Upvote 1

Sat in the Kop and could not believe the number of times our midfield looked up and saw no movement up top. Don't want to add to the shitstorm but could not believe how Mario would just stand by Hull's centre back. The one time he did move Raheem played him in. Our team, or any team for that matter, does not function with lack of movement up front. 13 competitive games this season, does Rodgers not see this. And why was our number 10 on the bench? BR is starting to worry me, as I am not sure he knows how to fix this.

That's the biggest difference between this season and last.  It's so frustrating.  There is no movement, and Balotelli is picked up so easily.  Lallana and Allen often didn't have anyone to hit, so would check back and any momentum was lost.  Sterling, bless him, is not a natural central attacker, and his efforts at creating space centrally weren't great.  Coutinho had it much easier when he came on, and the introduction of him and Lambert meant that we wrested control of the game away from Hull.  

Great when he's on fire, rubbish when he isn't.  He's not consistent enough for me, but while he's in form, play him.  

Did well yesterday, but wasted a few corners, hitting the first man.  That shit drives me mad.   

I thought he was comfortably our best player. 

He's the sort of player that is going to give the ball away sometimes, and make poor decisions, because, unlike many in the squad, he's always trying to make something happen.

I clearly rate him much more highly than you do, I think he's one of our best players. 

• Upvote 2

I thought he was comfortably our best player. 

He's the sort of player that is going to give the ball away sometimes, and make poor decisions, because, unlike many in the squad, he's always trying to make something happen.

I clearly rate him much more highly than you do, I think he's one of our best players. 

I do rate him - he's fab when he's on form, but he's had some pretty terrible games for us away from home.  And there's never any excuse for taking a shit corner, no matter who it is.  

interesting that steve bruce and carlo ancelotti have mentioned the problems mario has caused them.

I didn't see the game yesterday, so no specific comment on how Balotelli actually went from me, but if I was a manager, I would go out of my way to praise opposition players who aren't that good in the hopes they keep getting picked.

• Upvote 1

I didn't see the game yesterday, so no specific comment on how Balotelli actually went from me, but if I was a manager, I would go out of my way to praise opposition players who aren't that good in the hopes they keep getting picked.

exactly if you asked either of them would they take him they'd probably crack a rib laughing. To think I was laughing at arsenal for signing welbeck looks like they got the better player to me. He's not prolific but he does score the odd goal and runs his arse off up front. We have a striker that won't / can't run. Wont / can't hold the ball up and seemingly can't score even the most basic of chances.

Worst signing we've made probably since carroll.

• Upvote 1

So what?

I haven't watched one of our games in years, it's not stopped me coming on here and sticking the boot in.

• Upvote 3