You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

Just checked to see if certain users who claim to dislike all religions have bumped threads about those religions.....

Nope. But, there's no obsession. Honest. Honest, honest.

Is that aimed at me? If it is why not just say?

Have a look at the Darwin thread, knock yourself out. And the religion thread.

You see, this is the problem. You don't have the courage to stand up and make an honest point on the issue so you have to pretend that you think Sharia law is about interest and gambling. It's just intellectual cowardice. Either stand up and fight for your point based on what the actual reality is or just don't bother.

As I've stated plenty of times before we live alongside probably the most progressive elements of the global Islamic faith here in the UK; and they are not representative of the majority of their religious compatriots. If these supposedly more liberal muslims then have three in every ten of them wanting Sharia Law (the same proportion that gets you a majority in government in wider society) and you don't think that is a problem then it's just baffling to me.

If there are other groups that back the same backwards social policy in equal numbers then I'd be equally worried about them. If I were the head of a group of people and my numbers on specific bits of horrible shit were off the chart in relation to the general population then I'd have to own that problem and not pretend it was just some mad coincidence.

Ark at you with your intellectual cowardice riposte. I'm sure I've not said Sharia law only encompasses financial issues but if you read that then cool.

Ark at you with your intellectual cowardice riposte. I'm sure I've not said Sharia law only encompasses financial issues but if you read that then cool.

It is cowardice, and so is that reply too. 

Have some balls and take a stand on an honest position or go away.  

That's not pretending that once you get past death for murderers all you have left in Sharia law to take issue with is interest rates and gambling.

It is cowardice, and so is that reply too.

Have some balls and take a stand on an honest position or go away.

That's not pretending that once you get past death for murderers all you have left in Sharia law to take issue with is interest rates and gambling.

Genuinely, what are you babbling on about? Nowhere did I say that once you get past the capital punishment aspects that are portrayed in British media (coincidentally there is not even a single case of capital punishment being meted out in the UK that I can find) all that is left are financial issues.

Also, you can easily go on to any UK Sharia Council website and see who they provide advice for and what they advise on.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/08/13/capital-punishment-50-years-favoured/

But which part worries people more? Surely the bogeyman is the capital punishment bit. What kind of impact on people's psyche is there if you say you won't pay interest on loans, you can't gamble etc?

Yup. Disingenuous as hell. 

Too lazy to have a proper debate so make out that it's capital punishment for murder, then nothing in between that might "impact on people's psyche" then interest and gambling.

No women being treated as second class citizens, no issues about gays or apostasy. Just murder........then gambling. 

Yup. Disingenuous as hell.

Too lazy to have a proper debate so make out that it's capital punishment for murder, then nothing in between that might "impact on people's psyche" then interest and gambling.

No women being treated as second class citizens, no issues about gays or apostasy. Just murder........then gambling.

Yes, yes. You win. That's exactly what I said.

Yes, yes. You win. That's exactly what I said.

Yes. I know. Because it's there, in your post, with your name on it. Clearly inferring that message.

Feel free to try and explain what else that post was trying to get across. The subtle nuances that were missed.

Yes. I know. Because it's there, in your post, with your name on it. Clearly inferring that message.

Feel free to try and explain what else that post was trying to get across. The subtle nuances that were missed.

It's only inferring it if you think I'm inferring something.

And then when he tries to divorce me, my family murder him!

Irony.

Ooh! Edgy. Seeing as 20 odd % of Muslims want Sharia law then that clearly equates to 100% of divorced Muslim exes being murdered does it? It's a bit bigoted of you Monty, to infer all divorces end up in the murder of someone.

It's only inferring it if you think I'm inferring something.

Ooh! Edgy. Seeing as 20 odd % of Muslims want Sharia law then that clearly equates to 100% of divorced Muslim exes being murdered does it? It's a bit bigoted of you Monty, to infer all divorces end up in the murder of someone.

Okay, last opportunity: what was the meaning of the post I pulled up? 

Stop pissing about, be a big boy and explain how it could mean something other that what I'm saying it clearly infers.

Where did the 45% stat come from?

Also, when people say or write 'no?' on the end of a question, it does my fucking head in. My wife does it & it often makes me think we should bring back the death penalty.

I'm switching out of mobile mode to rep this. I fucking hate that shit too.
  • Upvote 1

Okay, last opportunity: what was the meaning of the post I pulled up?

Stop pissing about, be a big boy and explain how it could mean something other that what I'm saying it clearly infers.

Take what you want from it Monty. If you believe that it's skipping over what you know of Sharia Law then you believe it. Like I said the public are scared (for want of a better word) into believing Sharia law is all about draconian measures whereas it's applications, some already used in the UK by the way, are wide ranging. Just because 20 odd % of people asked in a poll said they'd like to see it I'm not going to lose sleep over it like you or Rico.

Take what you want from it Monty. If you believe that it's skipping over what you know of Sharia Law then you believe it. Like I said the public are scared (for want of a better word) into believing Sharia law is all about draconian measures whereas it's applications, some already used in the UK by the way, are wide ranging. Just because 20 odd % of people asked in a poll said they'd like to see it I'm not going to lose sleep over it like you or Rico.

I'm not losing sleep over it, I just see it as concerning, given the other aspects of Sharia Law that you are so blase about.

But then, you aren't concerned about much bigger numbers around the world saying they think you should die for adultery, being gay or leaving the religion either, are you? You'd much rather attack the polls that bring the information to you.