You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

It might have been a warning sign to some clubs that he'd set a record for being voted L'Equipe's "worst player of the week" in Ligue 1. It might have prompted some clubs to look back at his bad performances and assess whether he would fit their system. In short, it might have required a scout to perform the job of a scout and actually watch and analyse football, instead of being sat in front of an Excel database and watching the occasional MOTD highlights while licking Rodgers' balls.

• Upvote 2

I thought it was a good sign that the Southampton fans in my office were furious when the stories about him coming to Liverpool started to emerge. When he did leave they were less upset, said his form had waned in the second half of last season, £20 million was good money for him etc.

Carragher and Neville's pre-season enthusiasm for him looks a tad silly now, he might actually be the worst central defender I have ever seen play for the club, and I saw Phil Babb.

I along with some others gave brigant some shit when he called him shit as he'd been following him for 5 years. I still think it's odd that he followed him for 5 years when he thought that but to be fair to BM he was spot on. Lovren is fucking abysmal.

He got shit because he was calling him every name under the sun before he'd even kicked a ball for us. 

Yeah, but he was right.

The rest of us just took a more sensible approach first but have also come to the same conclusion.

The point remains. His 'Lovren is shit you're all idiots' shtick in every thread was tiresome. 

Right or wrong he was an annoying cunt about it. He'll probably still be an annoying cunt about it, I'm sure he'll be on at some point to tell us all how wrong we were. I don't like people who gloat, especially people who gloat about football signings that turn out to be shit. 

The point remains. His 'Lovren is shit you're all idiots' shtick in every thread was tiresome. 

Right or wrong he was an annoying cunt about it. He'll probably still be an annoying cunt about it, I'm sure he'll be on at some point to tell us all how wrong we were. I don't like people who gloat, especially people who gloat about football signings that turn out to be shit. 

I'm sure he's over the moon about it.

I'm sure he's over the moon about it.

You say that but im convinced that some people (mentalists) are happy when a player plays shit or we lose because it vindicates their opinion. Some people can't hold their hands up when they're wrong.

The fact that they're right, in this instance, really fucks me off